[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
legal advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1457626738108.jpg (342 KB, 1439x1956) Image search: [Google]
1457626738108.jpg
342 KB, 1439x1956
>go to major city for music concert
>foolishly park in the closest garage
>Have a good time, many drinks
>Leave
>parking garage closed with car in it
>instant retard rage from alcohol
>lift gate up and enter lot
>Realize its dumb and leave
>Policeman there waiting
>its the City library
>doesnt arrest me
>Says he didnt see anything
>Still takes my id
>Stay at hotel
>get car in morning

>fast forward 2 months

>Pulled over for speeding
>2 warrants for my arrest
>Tresspassing and destruction of property public building

I wanted to plead guilty at the arraignment but the judge said it has a max of 2 years. Now I have to spend thousands on a lawyer only to have to pay fines anway.

Is it worth it to pay a lawer for this shit? I have no criminal record
>>
>max of 2 years
>is it worth it to pay a lawyer?

looks like intoxication isn't responsible for the retardation
>>
>>16915461

Well shoplifting also has the same max. It would be nuts if they were seeking jail time fir these charges. Im gonna get a lawyer but its like throwing away 1500 to 2000 dollars.
>>
>>16915439
>retard in public
>paying to get out of jail time
>lawyer=wasted money
Step it up familia
>>
>>16915475
Maybe don't trespass and destroy property next time if you don't want to pay some lawyer thousands of dollars.
>>
>>16915832
or just pay the fines and whatever the damage is instead of also paying a lawyer. Im on camera so im not sure what a lawyer can do for me.
>>
>>16915891
Okay, serious advice:

Just take it on the chin, pay whatever fines you have to do, do community service, MAKE SURE YOU POINT OUT THAT YOU DIDN'T DESTROY ANY PROPERTY AND YOU IMMEDIATELY LEFT THE PREMISES ONCE YOU HAD SECOND THOUGHTS.

The Judge will probably take it easy on you considering you have no priors.

Afterwards, use this as a life's lesson about excessive alcohol and personal judgement.
>>
I'd consider yourself lucky OP. If the gate wasn't closed and you got your car the cop probably would have caught you for drunk driving anyway.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.