[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm Mexican and my girlfriend is a Trump supporter.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: tacodog.jpg (26 KB, 387x500) Image search: [Google]
tacodog.jpg
26 KB, 387x500
So my girlfriend has recently started becoming involved in politics, and has really become a fan of Donald Trump. She says that too much Mexican immigration is ruining the country and that we need a wall to keep the "dirty wetbacks" out. The catch is, I'm actually of Mexican heritage (I'm a chicano), but don't look like it as I am more white. She also doesn't know because we've never discussed our ethni c makeup.

What should I do? I feel somewhat offended but I've been dating this girl for six months.
>>
>>16915197
if you are passing for white shut up
>>
Tell her. Tell her that you're an X gen immigrant.
Likely she will respond (well you know better) that you're an exception or every X gen immigrants are different. A state had to control it's borders or something.

Regardless I question her sanity as a Trump supporter unless she's not seeing the political environment in the US to be the problem.
Trump has said many times its not about the ethnicity. It's the nature of the immigration. He puts it poorly but it's not hard to get that that's what he means.
>>
Uncontrolled immigration does ruin a country. Just aks if that is the only reason why she supports him and let her think about the bad sides of him as president.
>>
>the girl I'm dating is racist against my race

how do you think this is going to go?
>>
>>16915209
>He puts it poorly

It's not accidental that he just "happens" to consistently phrase it in a way that whips up racial bigotry, dude. Whether trump himself is personally a racist or not, he's intentionally exploiting racial tension for political gain.
>>
>>16915214
>being willfully ignorant
You're not a good contributor to a democracy. Wetback means illegal immigrants specifically.
>>
>>16915224
>nigger only means black people who are lazy!
>pejorative stereotypes are never intended to encompass the entirety of the larger group

you don't understand how people use words, I guess.
>>
>>16915223
First of all other candidates aren't exactly better. They all have their gimmicks. It's how the system works. His phrasing hasn't been that bad. His views on Muslim immigration is far worse than the Mexican deal. Because that's actually pertaining much more to religious discrimination than the national security threat.

Yes, all of it is bs. Everything is bs in US politics. But you have to look beyond the surface to see what's going on. Trump is a wildcard. That's why I dislike him. Especially being a European his position in the world could be very problematic. I'm happy he claims that wars are a waste. That's a good development. He will probably leave Afghanistan in ruins. Which is bad. The attitude towards the US's role in the conflicts of the world is almost universally negative. Actually just pulling out might solve some of Americans issues. UN won't like it. But they haven't reprimanded what the Bush administration did. So why care now?
>>16915227
Except in the context of illegal immigration as it would be with Trump would you assume otherwise? The insult towards Mexicans is that when someone says wetback they're implying they don't belong as they illegally immigrated. Because of context and the nature of the word I'd say the default should be that it's specific to illegal immigrants. Unless you can motivate better. Sure she's hostile to illegal immigrants, lack of sympathy. But they doesn't imply racism.
>>
>>16915223
>racial bigotry
Mexicans are the highest percentage of legal immigration AND illegal immigration in the USA, that's why it's relevant.
I bet you also think it's racial profiling to pull over a suspect when their race and description matches the call from dispatch.
>>
>>16915244
>I'm European
Opinion discarded. Have fun with your Syrian migrants and subsequent bombings.
>>
>>16915252
Ok? What are you even saying that for? You just want to point it out? You do realize it's largely (almost entirely) the US that fucked things up. EU immigration policy shouldn't have been as it is considering.

I don't see why my opinion on US foreign policy should be discarded when you're this confused about your politics.
>>
>>16915246
>non-sequitur from a strawman

dang dude, nobody questioned relevance in the first place, and what the fuck that accusation regarding profiling has to do with EITHER what I said or what you said is beyond me (that's not what racial profiling is, either)

"dirty wetback" is not commonly used to refer to illegal immigrants, it is used to refer to mexican-looking people as an ACCUSATION that they are not legal, based on their appearance. That's the only real-world usage I've ever heard.

If you want to say that some mexicans are in fact illegal, that's fine, but the word "wetback" is used as a slur against all mexicans.

in short, fuck off back to /pol/
>>
File: alanis.jpg (20 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
alanis.jpg
20 KB, 600x400
>>16915246
> Mexicans are the highest percentage of legal immigration
That you know of.

Canadians pour across the border too. They are just smart enough to stfu about it.
>>
>>16915299
dirty leafs go home!
>>
>>16915197
>What should I do? I feel somewhat offended but I've been dating this girl for six months.
If you really want to stay with her, you've got to tell her. It WILL come out, sooner or later, and you wabt that to happen on your terms.

Odds are she'll dump you. I'm sorry, but them's the breaks. But the alternative is putting up with this for the rest of your life, and I don't think you want that either.
>>
>>16915299

>Canadians pour across the border too.

Oh no, highly skilled people who speak the language and are culturally/religiously aligned that bring relatively valuable currency!

The United States WANTS canadians.
>>
>>16915197
She's completely right.

Uncontrolled immigration of low-skilled uneducated workers ruins things for everyone else in the long run.
>>
>>16915438
>implying that globalization, which instead allows capital to move to the low-skilled workers, isn't the real problem

at least when immigrants come here they're protected by our labor laws and everyone maintains a higher standard of living. The companies that fire american workers and replace them by going overseas don't have to do even that.

immigration's almost a non-problem nowadays.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 400x400
>>16915214
>being this uninformed
>>
>>16915456
>immigration's almost a non-problem nowadays.

t. muslim
>>
>>16915197

Nations need boards because things go to sh*t without the rule of law.

The biggest problem with liberals is that they want strong social safety nets, but they don't want to stop illegal immigration which tends to kill said social safety nets.

Sorry that the world is harsh. We are born poor. We must work hard to build systems which increase wealth. Letting in mass immigration is killing the goose which lays golden eggs.
>>
>>16915483
that's not what the rule of law is

liberals want immigrants to do things legally, but we still see them as people who for the most part can be here if they want

our systems of wealth are built ON cheap immigrant labor, dumbass
>>
File: no-way.jpg (27 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
no-way.jpg
27 KB, 650x366
>>16915426
Fuck you, you dirty leaf. Go back to maple syrup land where you belong.

> Canada
> valuable currency
Pick one. The worst part of my day is when some business slips a Canadian dime or penny in my change.
>>
File: image.png (997 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
997 KB, 640x1136
I'm Mexican OP and I support Trump. There was a time for Mexicans to come. That time is over. That's how life works, just like that meme of "born too late to explore the world". I am absolutely grateful that my parents came illegally. They struggled and risked their lives crossing but they did it at a time when it was still viable. They are now both US Citizens. The window has closed and it's for the better.
>>
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

BUILD THE WALL
>>
Obviosly she want your latino dirty dick, dat makes her panties wet, its the perfect taboo, racist to mexican and drink mexican semen all day, just fuck that bitch harder
>>
File: 1455210593451.gif (2 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1455210593451.gif
2 MB, 360x240
maybe you should also support her views.

it doesnt matter what your genetic or ethnic ties are to. Im assuming you are an american citizen. and as an american national you cant deny that illegal immigration is a big problem in this country. hell obama literally has the highest amount of deportation of the last 3 presidents. and this is obama a democrat.

im hispanic aswell and an american citizen. but as an american you need to see that these illegal aliens in this country are using our wealth for their gain.
>>
>>16915197
I'm Mexican and I support trump. Although I'm here legally and pay taxes and shit.

Maybe you're the problem?
>>
>>16915197
She is absolutely correct. You're not Mexican, you're American. Start acting like it. I wish I had a girlfriend who hated wetbacks as much as me. I'm half Mexican btw so it has nothing to do with race.
>>
>>16915197

Mexican immigration IS lowering wages for Americans. So if you're Mexican-American, the only logical choice is Trump.
>>
>>16915214
>Not wanting America to turn into Mexico 2.0 is racist
What's next, ending affirmative action means you support slavery?
>>
>>16915197
Are you a legal citizen of the United States? ¿Yes?
Then who cares, you're ok in senior Trumps book.

Idgi why do all the dumb mexis hate gods chosen candidate when all he wants is good border policy to protect workers.

You should care about this too, Juan.
>>
>>16915197
Illegal immigration from Mexico is your problem too, cholo.

Get your fucking head out of your ass and realize that the only country in the world that will ever give a shit about you is the country that you live in now.
>>
>>16915899
I seriously doubt trump can get mexico to build it...
>>
>>16915870
Holy fuck I am not Mexican but your reasonings are extremely stupid. You support Trump on the basis of only immigration? How bout the political ramifications and foreign impact, the hipocrisy this man brings. His only good point is the immigration reform that much is true but that is the only reason people pick Trump these days. Oh and using a meme as an example is a sure way to know you sound like the usual uneducate Trump voter.
>>
>>16917174
>>16916672
>>16917161
Mexican-American here, you guys are just self-cucks.

You need to understand that people like Trump lump in all browns together, whether intentionally or unintentionally. It doesn't matter if you're a 4th-gen Mexican-American with a great career, or a fresh spic immigrant mowing lawns; you're both exactly the same in the eyes of some.

I'm not saying to be all gung-ho pride like blacks, but at least recognize when someone is talking shit about you. Trump did, so grow some balls already and don't support it. It's pathetic when minorities who are self-hating get shat on and they simply open their mouth wider for more.

By the way xenophobia makes no fucking sense in this melting pot of a country, and I feel it's mostly used as a tool to control others through fear or uncertainty. You're falling for it. Don't fall for it.
>>
>all these people defending her and saying she's right about immigration
The issue isn't whether her views on immigration are correct dipshits, the issue is that she may be racist towards the group that her BF belongs to.
If she is, then that poses a pretty clear fucking threat to the continued well-being and existence of the relationship. Doesn't fucking matter how she feels about immigration.
>>
>>16917418
Nigga why you so sensitive?

You've never drove around with your mom and she's like "Ay look at those negros with their calzones hanging out."

Every race lumps every other race together get over it.

Wiht the current immigration crisis xenophobia makes perfect sense.
>>
>>16917418
Mass third world immigration is not good for any nation. Get your head out of your ass and stop with the tribal bullshit. Sincerely a Latino-American
>>
OP, these are clear warning signs. Get the hell out of that relationship as fast as possible.
>>
File: 1427056847795.jpg (72 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1427056847795.jpg
72 KB, 512x512
>>16917418
>I'm not saying to be all gung-ho pride like blacks, but at least recognize when someone is talking shit about you.
Trump is right when he talks shit about illegal immigrants, there's no getting around that fact.

It does bring crime, it does bring drugs, it does bring rape. These are pure simple facts. Legal immigrants however, do not. There is a god damned reason the Mexicans have their OWN wall on their southern border.
>>
>>16915252
right because syrian migrants are personally his fault
>>
>>16917418
Maybe you should just be an American since you live here and are a citizen here and not a Mexican-American.
>>
>>16915197
It's "too much" not none.
Controlled immigration is ok.

Also, it might make you feel better, and she might not throw it in your face, if you discuss your heritage and feelings with her.
>>
>>16915197
Y'know, when I was a teenager, I did the hating on mexicans thing. Then I grew out of it, because seriously, what the fuck past me?

As it happens, one of my late uncles was latino, as are all of his children. One of those cousins, was active in MECHA while we were both in college and has gone on to be wildly more successful than me because he studied to be a lawyer instead of wasting 5 years on liberal arts.

His sister, on the other hand, had to give up her kid (who is being raised by one of our other successful cousins, it so happens) and has only recently gotten back on her feet. I actually have no idea what she was up to for the 10 years while that was going on, but that doesn't mean she's not family.

Anyhow, if your girl really loves you, she'll be able to accept you for who you are. I'd like to think that the younger me would have accepted my cousins and uncle instead of just not realizing that they were and always have been part of a minority that I didn't have much respect for at the time. And if she can't accept that, she doesn't deserve you.

And the reasons Trump shouldn't be president go far, far beyond the "build a wall" bullshit. I mean, you know your girl better than I do, and I'm sure she has some redeeming qualities, but just based on that data point, I think you can do better. Or at least help her become better. Even if she insists on voting Republican, there are so much better choices.
>>
>>16915197

Her issue is more likely someone with a stronger personality than here is leading her feelings this way, or she has had a personal experience in life that emotionally justifies using a racial pejorative.

i'd find out which one of those is more true because that determines your course of action.

and also, guess what? America is made up of people with varying viewpoints. grow the fuck up and deal with it.
>>
>wanting to end illegal immigration and deporting illegal immigrants is considered racist
What the the fuck is wrong with America.
>>
>>16915197
She is right.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.