[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can your face fall asleep or is this a stroke?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: hand resting.jpg (101 KB, 338x507) Image search: [Google]
hand resting.jpg
101 KB, 338x507
I was about to go to bed and was reclining on my side with my elbow on the bed and anchoring my hand on my face for some time when i noticed the side of my face fell asleep, was tingling and felt like it was sagging slightly at the cheek. This is the side of my face that i had been recllining on wiht my hand for a few minutes.my arm was also asleep. I freaked out, jumped ou of bed and puled out my phone ready to call 911 but wasnt sure if this was a stroke or not. Gradually over the next 30 seconds or so the tingling began to subside and blood was rushing back down to the rest of my bod. the tingling slowly left and i could feel my arm and move my face again. But I have no idea whether this was a mild stroke or not. I can walk around and move and everything but im not sure what that was and i cant find anything about it on the internet. I've heard of younger people suffering from mild strokes too and I'm worried to the point where I cant go to sleep now for fear of a stroke or something. I am 21 years old. Please help
>>
Ask a doctor. I never had that happen to my face, no matter how or for how long I rested it on my hand.
>>
Could be a neurological disorder. See a doctor, maybe ask GP for a referral to neurologist.
>>
Thank you for replying. you put me at ease slightly. I'll talk to someone about it tomorrow for sure. Is it safe to go to bed though?
>>
>>16914377
Stroke
Check the mirror and see if your smile is straight. Numb face is classic sign of a stroke
>>
>>16914403
My smile s straight now and there is no numbness now. the aforementioned situation lasted for 30 secinds.but does a stroke subside?like could i have had a stroke and now its subsided?
>>
Pinched nerve?
>>
>>16914464
i sure hope so. Im pretty worried about this
>>
>>16914377
Please go to a doctor now to make sure. You never know man
>>
>>16914377
Are you me? Im always paranoid about this but I am 19 years old. But I have been smoking for 5 years now. I had the same thing you had but I think its normal.
Do you smoke?
>>
File: nsf_fast2 (1).jpg (223 KB, 960x345) Image search: [Google]
nsf_fast2 (1).jpg
223 KB, 960x345
>>16914377
It could be anything, people often think the worst.
I would still seek medical advice just to be safe.

Stroke symptoms:
Weakness or numbness or paralysis of the face, arm or leg on either or both sides of the body
Difficulty speaking or understanding
Dizziness, loss of balance or an unexplained fall
Loss of vision, sudden blurring or decreased vision in one or both eyes
Headache, usually severe and abrupt onset or unexplained change in the pattern of headaches
Difficulty swallowing

Note: Self diagnosis can be worse as many other problems have similar symptoms.

All the best.
>>
This is also happening to someone I know that's in their teens. They're also kinda worried and I feel this could help. She has been smoking but not much. She started I'd say about 5 months ago. This would be super helpful.
>>
Go see a doctor right now. It could be a stroke. One good test to see if you're suffering from a stroke is to lift your both hands up and say "the sky is blue." If you can't lift both your hands and you're talking gibbrish then it's stroke. Go to doctor now, it was probably a mini stroke.
>>
>>16914377
>A transient ischemic attack (TIA), also called a “mini stroke,” occurs when a blood clot blocks blood flow in the brain. The block is temporary (transient), and unlike an actual stroke, TIA doesn’t generally kill brain tissue.

>Symptoms of a mini stroke are often brief, normally lasting a few minutes to a couple of hours, though some people may have symptoms for up to 24 hours. Knowing the signs of a TIA can help you get the treatment you need as early as possible.

>While a TIA doesn’t lead to permanent brain damage, it’s urgent that you get a medical examination because you’re at risk for experiencing a stroke.

>Your doctor can order CT images or MRI tests. An ultrasound can check the state of your carotid artery, looking for narrowed areas. You may also get an ECG and chest X-ray as part of a thorough check-up of your circulatory system.

GO SEE A DOCTOR NOW.
>>
Hmmm by the sounds of things your arm and face probably fell asleep BC of restricted blood flow.
When you got up to get your phone did you notice any weakness? Not numbness and tingling but an actual deficit in your strength. Any slurres speech of you tried talking?

Also do you have any other comorbiditues like diabetes or hypertension? Any strokes or aneurysms in the family.

If it was a TIA it might come back so I'd say if you feel any other symptoms in the future then call 911.

There's many things that could cause facial like a stroke/TIA/Bell's palsy/other neuro disorders and poisonings.

How did it feel when your symptoms were resolving? Did your arm feel like blood was rushing back, the same feeling when your arm falls asleep, or was it different?

By the sounds of things you're alright now but see a doctor if not just for peace of mind.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.