[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girl I met at concert, how do you think it will turn out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
I'll greentext because I feel it'll be read quicker

>19 male me
>At Wolfmother concert
>Going alone because I've never gone to a concert alone before, figured it'd be interesting
>Go to merch stand, pick up shirt before they sell out. Got there late anyways, halfway through opening act
>Girl comes up and stands next to me. I don't say anything.
>She starts chatting me up about the shirts. Opens with "What kind of shirt would you get if you were a girl?"
>Awkward conversation starter, but she's really cute
>Introducing ourselves
>Find out she's 25. She finds out I'm 19
>"Hey, I know you're 19, but can I buy you a beer?"
>Decline for bullshit reason to cover the fact I don't wanna get kicked out because I have X's on my hands and venue staff walking around
>Still chatting. I'm asking about her, she's talking a lot. We're having an interesting conversation
>She's brushing up against me casually
>She says "Hey so I guess a few of my friends showed up, so I'm gonna go say hi to them."
>No more than 15 minutes pass, concert going great, she comes back
>"Hey, I came here alone, so I figured I'd be here alone with you"
>Thinking that there's no way she's not flirting with me at this point. I'm skeptical as fuck, but she's lighting road flares and shaking them in my face
>Tell her that it's great. I'm interested but by my mannerisms it easily comes across that I'm not
>She drifts away without me noticing, and I see her a few times on the floor below me
>I figured I'd wait until the concert ends to ask for her number. But I don't see her
>Figured "fuck it", and looked her up on FB.

Plan is to message her something like
"Hey, was gonna ask for your number after the Wolfmother concert but you drifted off somewhere in the middle of the show. You were pretty interesting. Figured whenever I end up back in Lawrence for a show, it'd be good to have a concert buddy."

I'm gonna send it no matter what tomorrow. But I'm curious, what do you think the outcome will be?
>>
>>16913928
Just do it. Worst case she says no and you move on.
>>
So you're not interested, right? Sure why not, but be clear that you're just looking to be friends.
>>
>>16914063
I'm pretty indifferent. I don't know enough about her yet to feel if I have feelings for her or not. If it develops into anything more, cool. If not, then I have a cool concert buddy. Nothing else.
>>
>>16913928
Do it but don't type what you said.

It's very effeminate and too overly friendly
>>you were pretty interesting
>>concert buddy

You started off strong:
>>hey, was gonna ask you for your number after the wolfmother concert but you drifted...middle of the show.

Maybe other anons can chime in but i'd just leave it at that. you're trying to start a conversation with her. Don't give up before trying like you do with your original message.
>>
>>16914081
to add to this, if I were you, i'd message her now and get her number. see where the conversation leads but don't force anything. in a few weeks, find a show in Lawrence you're interested in and message her that you're thinking of going and want her to come along
>>
>>16913928
Wolfmother is trash
>>
>>16914081
I'll leave out the "You were pretty interesting". But would it be that "effeminate" to leave my intention of "Figured whenever I end up back in Lawrence for a show, it'd be good to have a concert buddy."?

Any way to alter it but still keep it obvious my interest is to go to concerts with her if I'm in town?
>>
>>16914126
why do you need to tell her that you're going to ask her to a show. just do it when it gets to that point.

I think lots of anons have this problem - I know I did. you don't need to prove to her that you have good intentions (i.e messaging her because you want someone to go with you to concerts). you obviously think there's something special about her. just leave it at that.

i'll tell you I met a girl once on the street, added her on FB. I bet around the bush "oh can you recommend bars in the area". it was just plain stupid. I got results when I asked her out. you need to just ask her out. obviously there are complications because it seems you guys are in two different cities or something but if you're adverse to asking her out tomorrow, then you should just keep the convo light and airy. when a concert comes up in her town, hit her up then. please stop using the term concert buddy it is so gay
>>
>>16914159
Harsh but constructive critiques. Thanks. I get what you're saying. I'll give it a shot.
>>
>>16914159
>>16914187

>Different cities.
She lives there, I live about a bit under a two hour drive away, but I plan to frequent there for other concerts and I just like the town in general.

Also, if shit goes positive, I don't imagine it'd be that bad to say somewhere later down the conversation "When I'm in lawrence again I'll hit you up, if you wanna meet up at a concert" I don't know why I feel the need to mention going to another concert. I really don't.
>>
>>16914200
Lawrence..... Kansas?
>>
>>16914208
yeah?
>>
>>16914209
I just moved out of Lawrence to Overland Park. Lawrence is awesome and the girls are awesome. Godspeed to you.
>>
>>16914215
Thanks buddy, really appreciate it. Enjoy Overland, it's a nice place as well.
>>
>>16914232
Definitly don't say "concert buddy" or else you'll lock yourself into friend zone. She was definitly acting like she wanted to give you her number.
>>
https://youtu.be/CXKo4z7GS78
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.