[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've always believed in love. Anyone else?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 549x672) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 549x672
I've always believed in love. Anyone else?
>>
File: 2014askingbforhelp.jpg (3 KB, 167x22) Image search: [Google]
2014askingbforhelp.jpg
3 KB, 167x22
Yeah. I'm ashamed to admit a part of me still does , but i've mostly given it up in exchange for being able to believe in myself.
>>
Love is an illusion, if that is what we are here for.
>>
I did a long time ago but don't now, at least how most people think of love. Got hurt too many times by people close to me saying I don't care about you with their actions. I hope I'm wrong.
>>
Me too and will continue to search for it
>inb4 faggot

Read Anna Karenina if you haven't though
Its a good book that shows the different kinds of love and how different it is for men and women
>>
>>16913360
What is inb4? I'm bad with acronyms.
>>
File: 1373693308274.jpg (66 KB, 360x327) Image search: [Google]
1373693308274.jpg
66 KB, 360x327
>>16913264

>I've always believed in love.

The human experience with love is almost identical to our experience with God.

It isn't anything in particular but a series of chemical changes and hormone bursts in our body that we interpret in whatever fashion we chose. Both God and Love are these constructs that we've built to have their own representations but in the end it doesn't really give a shit what labels or expectations we put on it because its bigger than us, and that whats so frightening.

I don't know shit about love, but the only thing I do know is that love isn't like an xbox achievement or a goal that can be reached or accomplished. Its nothing, its everything, its whatever you make it. Its a sliding scale of happiness and bullshit that we constantly try to balance for as long as we can before our inherent humanity ruins it for us.

You can love a dog, you can love a painting, you can love a woman, you can love a song, you can love a craft or a passion. Its whatever, man. It doesn't require you to believe in it for it to influence you.

Stop worrying about it, it won't make a difference.
>>
>>16913411
You like to sound smart....very nice.

Love just is. That is all.
>>
>>16913264
I believe in love. Still do. It's one of the few things that keeps me going, to be honest. And the fact that I'm not suicidal yet.

But my parents met when they were 20, got married about a year later, and are still married late into their 60's.
>>
>>16913360
Anna Karenina is a wonderful book by Tolstoi. Trying to find a reasonably priced hardcover version in it's original Russian.
>>
>>16913421

>You like to sound smart....very nice.

This is just the way I talk. My bad. I'll dumb it down a little next time, I guess...
>>
File: Hello newfag.png (185 KB, 560x319) Image search: [Google]
Hello newfag.png
185 KB, 560x319
>>16913388
>>
>>16913388
I Never Believed 4 (For)
>>
>>16913460
I think he's trying to say you sound pretentious in case you missed that one dr. Hawkins And who's to say there's something we don't understand or know about "love"? The brain is so vastly misunderstood or not understood at all I think it's hard to say if love is real or not and that it's absurd you would draw a conclusion as such. But isn't it wonderful we live in a world where we can disagree
>>
File: KGhEnXy.png (224 KB, 634x406) Image search: [Google]
KGhEnXy.png
224 KB, 634x406
>>16913388
> what's inb4
Lol welcome to the Internet u must be new here
>>
>>16913264
I believe in true love. That does not mean my current relationship is perfect, but I can see past his imperfections, and I will literally do anything and everything to make him happy. For there is no greater joy to me than when he is truly happy.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.