[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it really that bad to want to murder? I recently was told
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Is it really that bad to want to murder?

I recently was told that when you confide in a therapist and say "Yes, I have thought about murder before" they are required to report you, at least in name only, to the police as a potential threat.

Not that I have plans or methods but there are those people you work with, or live with, or just know of that it might be a pleasing thought to see them dead?

Am I normal or not?
>>
>>16912574
>Am I normal or not?
I'd say yes, so long as you don't think about acting on it. I myself have had thoughts like those when it came to certain people, but so long as you keep it to yourself, and don't act on it/break laws, then I'd say you're quite normal.

Being frustrated/angry at someone you don't particularly like is a normal responce to stimuli and thinking about them out of the way permanently is a way to vent your frustrations, and again, is normal so long as you have no plans on actually doing it.

Does this help?
>>
>>16912574
There is no normal.
>>
>>16912574
>I recently was told that when you confide in a therapist and say "Yes, I have thought about murder before" they are required to report you, at least in name only, to the police as a potential threat.

If you live in the US this is total bullshit.
>>
>>16912574
I think it's fine to have thoughts of things like that as 98% of the time those thoughts are just you letting off steam internally and emotionally.
>>
>>16912590
I believe so.
I couldn't find anything online about therapists reporting murderous daydreams. Just suicide and children/elderly abuse. I was just nervous about asking because I might have to see a therapist soon and I...well, I might have trust issues to begin with.
Thank you for your support and advice. :)
>>
>>16912678
I'm a mandatory reporter. No, you don't have to report this. Also, you shouldn't report it.

Beyond that, your actual therapist technically doesn't have to report shit unless it's in regards to children or the elderly (protected groups). My gf is a psychologist and she often runs into situations where she's having a little anxiety about something a client told her that is fucked up but wouldn't be appropriate to report in her position.
>>
>>16912574
You'd only be abnormal if you'd made it to non-b& age without ever wanting to murder anybody.
>>
>>16912574
In Australia you may be reported if they feel you may be a danger to yourself or others.

I think it's normal.
I wouldn't care if some people I know were dead, but I wouldn't act on it or break the law.

If you find you're frequently thinking about hurting someone, you probably should seek some help or at least talk to someone.
Being reported would be much better than being in jail.
>>
File: PETER-GABRIEL-Nov-2011.jpg (78 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
PETER-GABRIEL-Nov-2011.jpg
78 KB, 660x440
Pic Unreltated
I am drunk.
I haven't seen my best m8 in 9 months... what the fuck shouldI do when I next see him to show I care?
I love him the only person I truly trusted to have my back.
>>
>>16913851

Hold his head under your shitting ass.
>>
Unless you are a child and don't understand the consequences of killing, the though of actually striking down someone in cold blood shouldn't cross your mind. Ever.

Wishing death is only slightly less bad.

>>16913851
Kill 'em.
>>
>>16912605
yeah this is complete dogshit, i hope your therapist didn't tell you that because it's a complete lie.

they can only report you if they deem you to be a real, actual threat to a person/people. having homicidal thoughts hardly qualifies as a real threat. for example, I think about murdering certain people from time to time, but i would never do it in a million lifetimes. other people have ocd that causes intrusive thoughts of hurting people, even thought theyre disgusted by the idea of hurting another human. a therapist legally cannot report the person unless they genuinely think they are an immediate danger to someone.
>>
>>16913893
maybe you've never been hurt/abused.

homicidal thoughts are very common, and even healthy (better than self-blame, at least) in people who have.
>>
>>16912574
They only have to report you if you are in immediate danger of harming yourself or another. Up to that point they are forbidden to report you.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.