[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
existential crisis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Black hole.jpg (367 KB, 1280x864) Image search: [Google]
Black hole.jpg
367 KB, 1280x864
First post on 4chan. Got back from fighting a war in a desert now going through an existential crisis. Not having a sook just want to hear what anon has to say. I'm thinking of buying an expedition bicycle and ride around the world for a few years. Thoughts? Thanks.
>>
>>16910396
>existential crisis.
Take a bag of rice, a knife and a firestone and move into a cave for two months. This will solve the existential crisis. I think a bike tour will distract you and you'll fall in the hole again afterwards
>>
I plan on taking rice, a knife and a knife thanks for the advice, its the quintessential for any crisis.
>>
As long as you are able to collect stuff along the way to sustain your self I don't see what could go wrong man. I know where you at. I drive a semi truck alone around the country for the same reason. It's pretty nice
>>
>>16910396
>Thoughts? Thanks.

Sounds cool OP.

People say Civ life is hard to adjust too after being in war. Something like that could help you acclimatise back into real life. A few years sounds a bit long. But a few months sounds like a good idea.

Where do you plan to go? East Asia could be a fun place, Cycle from Bangkok to Beijing or something.
>>
A vehicle sounds like a great way to travel but I'd much prefer a bicycle just so i can enjoy the slow ride. I would be self reliant of my food stuffs, so that's not a problem.
Bangkok to Beijing sounds like a great ride, do you have any experience?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (217 KB, 493x590) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
217 KB, 493x590
>>16910589
>Bangkok to Beijing sounds like a great ride, do you have any experience?

I did that trip on buses and trains a few years ago. I did the blue loop in about two months, then my grandmother dies while I was out there so I got some inheritance money and continued on the red rout for another three months. Lots of cool stuff to see and do.
>>
I'm adding that to the list, thanks. These red and blue routes, are they main lines of travel? eg highways etc. I don't really have an itinerary to follow, my only research would be to find the places to steer clear of.
If you don't mind me asking, what was your daily expenses roughly? USD

>A few years sounds a bit long. But a few months sounds like a good idea.

I won't be limited to a time frame.
>>
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 1920x1080
>>16910396
Pulse jet should cut down on travel time
>>
>>16910884

I'd rather be self sufficient
>>
>>16910912
Touché anon
>>
>>16910779
>These red and blue routes, are they main lines of travel? eg highways etc.

Yeah. But, I mean that's just where I chose to go. There are obviously more roads than that.

>I don't really have an itinerary to follow, my only research would be to find the places to steer clear of.

From my understanding most of east Asia is quite safe, There are some issues with the government in places, but as a foreigner it shouldn't really affect you.

>If you don't mind me asking, what was your daily expenses roughly? USD

It was a while ago, but I guess about $20 a day in South east Asia and about $30 a day in china. But that was fairly comfortable. you can get by on much less than that If you need to. Food costs almost nothing in many places, its mostly just where to sleep.

>I won't be limited to a time frame.

I'm sure you're not, I guess travelling for years just sounds mentally exhausting to me.

If you start a thread on /trv/ I'm sure you will get many more Ideas and suggestions.
>>
>>16911098

>I guess travelling for years just sounds mentally exhausting to me.

My friend's sister travelled for 3 years straight, so when she got back she told me she was absolutely exhausted. I guess I'll see how I go, I need to build the confidence up first. Start off with overnight trips then work up to the big stuff.

>start a thread on /trv/

Thanks I'll do that, and thanks for the help
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.