[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will the nicotine high go away if I become a regular smoker?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Will the nicotine high go away if I become a regular smoker?
>>
Yes. Duh....
>>
>>16908579

Yes, you will keep upping your dosage but you will never get the original high.

Stop now.
>>
>>16908579
>le smoking is not addictive meme
>>
Not OP, but I have a similar question on the same topic. I started smoking weed and cigars of all types on a regular basis, but only from friends' offers when chilling, not buying it myself. Since I don't even have the means to buy cigarettes for myself due to an extreme lack of money, I decided to start smoking in a controlled manner in order to save money and always maintain that sweet first time smoking sort of high. My question is: is it feasible? Everyone always tells me that's how they started smoking.
>>
>>16908633
That's how all addictions start mate. No one lights up their first cigarette and thinks "wow, I hope I need 40 of these a day for the rest of my foreshortened life!", just the same as no one has their first bump of heroin whilst thinking "I hope I'll be living under a bridge sucking dicks just to pay for this stuff next year - with a bit of luck I'll get an abcess and have my arm amputated too!". We all think we're special, that we can handle it, control it, it'll be different for us than those other, stupid people who don't understand it like we do.
>>
>>16908633
Maybe if you smoke one cig every 3 months,,,

nicotine reuptake is a simple process

but if youre seasoned, or if you enough, your craving baseline will elevate with the habit even when spread every 3 months apart.
>>
>>16908579
Yes. Smoking eventually gives zero pleasure. All it does is make you sick, give you headaches, make you nauseaus, make you smell like shit, empty your wallet, all while providing no good feel, except the relief from the bad feel when you need a smoke but cant. Youll also wake up in the middle of the night sometimes unable to breathe.

2 pack a day smoker for 12 years.

Quit 4 months ago, still smoke free. Do not put yourself through any of it. It is not worth it. Not even a little.
>>
>>16908633
You eventually need more and more. Just stop.

I got to the point i didnt have gas money to get to work from smoking.

I was an extreme case but it can happen to you too
>>
>>16908705
>>16908739
>>16908716
I'm aware that addiction is not something that one can easily work around or avoid if they're using the substance on a regular basis, but I think that the practical limitations to which I'm imposed right now will contain my use of cigarettes. I know I'm falling under those cases of "I'm special so I can handle it," but I really think that it can be controlled, as I control my intake of caffeine everyday, for example. I don't find myself running out of money because of coffee, even though I'm already dependent on it, as not drinking a cup by morning will always cause a lack of energy and headaches throughout the day.
>>
>>16908758
Bud.. I started smoking to prove smoking addiction was easily controlled.

You just said it yourself. Youre acting like youre somehow special.

Noone was more special than me.

There is literally zero gain to starting smoking. Quit while its grip is weak.

Protip. Part of addiction is sharing your brain with an animal that isnt you and can influence your thoughts. Thoughts like "well i can manage it because..." isnt you. Its the animal. It's already digging into you.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.