[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw 24 year old and have to ask parents for help with paying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: destroyed.jpg (120 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
destroyed.jpg
120 KB, 645x773
>tfw 24 year old and have to ask parents for help with paying for college
I can't stop feeling shit about it. I know that they will have to take a loan (bank won't let me have one in my name) and I can't place the blame on high tuition fees since it's mostly my fault for being a piece of shit in highschool and getting low marks for any sort of eligibility for a grant.

What should I do? I'm finishing 1st year soon (managed to paid it with my own savings but almost ran out of money). Should I drop out or take some private loan from shady people?
I can't deal with the embarrassment of asking them for money in my age
>>
>>16907772

It's an investment. If they can help, they will.

Try Financial aid from school

or better yet

take a year off and stack money money money
>>
>>16907777
First off, thanks for replying.
I know that they will help, it's just that it feels like I'm wronging them.
>>
>>16907772
If you don't mind the 8-year plan, you could go part time and work. Do you still live at home? If yes, you should have no problems paying off your school as the bill comes due. If not, see if they'll let you move back in, as that would help you without putting significant financial burden on them.
>>
Assuming you file taxes independently, you should most likely qualify for financial aid.
>>
I'm 26 and transferring to a uni later on this year and I'm going to have to take out loans. Fuck.
>>
>>16908356
How much is it for you? I'm in the same position and am looking at about $50k loan
>>
>>16908378

Around 30k or so. I have no other choice but to go with it.
>>
>>16908391
That's not so bad. Only my tuition is 22k for 1 year and I have to shit out funds for accommodation also.
>>
>>16907772
"I can't stop feeling shit about it"
We all get to where we need to be at our own pace and there is no shame in that. If you need help then you should take that help. It does not say anything bad about you nor does it determine your worth as a person to get money from your parents right now. If any person is to judge you as less worthy of a person or lower their respect of you over that then they are in the wrong, not you.

Don't turn to shady reasons to get money or anything ever no matter what the situation is. I'd go more into why but I think you have the common sense to understand that just leads into a bunch of trouble you can't prepare for.

Secondly, it makes no sense for parents to NOT help with paying for college. They want you to grow up and succeed and this is a part of the role they are supposed to be playing in your life by helping you with things like this
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.