[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
[M] Should I wear makeup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 15
File: 1452947964694.jpg (60 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1452947964694.jpg
60 KB, 722x349
I dont understand how anyone can consider it fair that a male has to be an 8/10 by sheer genetics and willpower but women can be a 2/10 and bump themselves up to a 7/10. Its completely unbalanced. Why is it that women just as ugly as me cant walk around and be considered attractive but I cant.
Would women find me odd if I wear makeup. Will it hurt my chances of getting women if I dont. I mean its hella sexist if it would. Im just about as chubby as the average female. Comparable bf percentages so I dont see why I should lose more weight there.
Is makeup for men a good option
>>
why do people ask questions like this but never EVER post pics of themselves? How the fuck am I supposed to answer this when I have no idea what you look like?
>>
>>16905737
Im generally considered unattractive. But makeup lets women overcome this so I believe I might be able to as well.
>>
>>16905766
Expect that anything aside from very basic foundation is very noticeable, more so to women, and not considered attractive. So yeah, its "unfair" but you can't do shit about it. Life amirite?
>>
It just doesn't serve the same purpose if you want to continue your manhood. I'd focus more on a good haircut and clothes.
>>
>>16905717
i don't think you understand.

The "ideal man" should not LOOK like he's wearing makeup. That means no eyeliner, contour, eyeshadow, or lipstick.
If you think you can use a bit of concealer or mascara without it looking obvious then go for it. But anything else and people would think you're a tranny.

And if you want to talk about fairness, please don't try to act like you're the victim here.
90% of the time, women HAVE to be wearing makeup or you're "ugly" just in conparison.
Women looks uprisingly like men if they do little to no grooming. The facial hair isn't as bad but it's present and can drastically change the look of the face. Our eyes are just as small as yours, we have big noses, ugly skin, pastey lips- it's not a good look but if we ALL didn't wear makeup, then the beauty standard would just be lower (like it is for guys). No guys wear makeup, so you're not at a disadvantage against the people who you're actually competing against.

You're trying to gain an edge OVER the people that you are competing with by painting yourself as a victim.

Who gives a shit if women wear makeup. It just raises the overall standard of beauty higher for women, but there's still an equal amount of ugly women and hot women.
It's all just bumped up a notch.

Also if you can't tell when a woman is using makeup to look hot and is actually ugly then you need to fucking apply yourself- it's not that hard to spot a painted on mask.
You'd probably look like an idiot if you tried to wear makeup because you obviously have no idea how it works if you are so easily fooled.
>>
>>16905894
Why should the ideal woman look like shes wearing makeup and boosting herself 3-5 points.
>90% of the time, women HAVE to be wearing makeup or you're "ugly" just in conparison.
Same thing for guys. On that rating site women rated men on average far lower than women rated men. It goes to show how much of an advantage make up gives women.
Its not like some balance wear the standard is just shifted down. Women use it to jump several points and theres nothing fair about that.
>It just raises the overall standard of beauty higher for women,
No it doesnt. The 10/10s are that way despite makeup. That bar isnt moved.
>>
>>16905717
You can use make up if you want. Plenty of men do. All male celebrities do. All TV men do. A ton of men do, be them straight or gay. There are whole make up lines dedicated to male skin. Learn to apply it well, and most people won't even know you have foundation on. And even if they did, guyliner is a thing, and nobody has criticized that in ages. Rather than be angry at people who are usually demanded to wear make up (my last job obligated me to wear eye shadow, which I hate - and it was an office job), just do what you want.
>>
>>16905816
I have things like acne scars and what not blemishing my face. So do women though and they get to hide those. So 1 reason Im considering makeup is to hide them.
Secondly like I second before I have the same bf as most women so my face is kinds chubby. So I want to use bronzer to pretend my face has a different definition than it does. Im not stupid enough to think I should wear eyeliner because it doesnt even really look good on women, but mascara because I have unusually thin eyelashes for a man.
Ive also considered trying to fake a 5' shadow because my facial hair is shit.
>>
>>16905975
>There are whole make up lines dedicated to male skin.
>Learn to apply it well

Holy shit, this has got to be the gayest thing I've ever read in here.
>>
>>16905966
Correlation does not indicate causation.
Also, the girls are wearing varying amounts of makeup, so you can't argue that makeup is what makes men rate women higher.
Listen- men want pussy. Biologically, since males do not have to carry around a fetus for 9 months, they are programmed to want to have sex with a lot of girls. Because of this sexual desire, men are more "desperate" than women. Women are not programmed to be as sexually promiscuous as men. Of course there are exceptions, but women have higher standards because biologically AND socially AND financially they can't afford to have a baby with some dirtbag.

Makeup is not the main thing at play here.
The best YOU could hope for op is that it will clear up your skin a little. If you think it will make that much of a difference, then PLEASE op show us the transformation.

Makeup is specifically designed to make the wearer look MORE FEMININE. You're going to look LESS DESIRABLE than you do now if you go overboard.

Also, 10/10's do not always stay 10/10's without makeup on.
For example, take a 9/10 and a 10/10 with makeup. If you take the makeup off the 10/10 girl, she'll look like a 9/10 or 8/10 and the 9/10 will look like a 10/10 or still a 9/10.
No matter how naturally pretty you are, you cannot compete with the pretty girls who have makeup on, so you literally HAVE to wear it or you look unhygenic.
i have decent facial structure, but when I don't wear makeup and my skin tones arn't perfectly distributed bc of bronzer and blush, I look washed out and sickly compared to other girls who have a "healthy glow" from their makeup. But if you compare my skin to any boy's, it's totally normal.

But in comparison to the girls- aka the ones who I am competing against, I look worse.
>>
>>16905981
As a woman I'm just going to tell you- do NOT BRONZER YOUR FACE. And do NOT TRY TO DO A FAKE SHADOW.

Listen- even when women do this PROFESSIONALLY it is extremely noticable. EVERY GIRL will notice because we have ALL HAD EXPERIENCE with it.
When I see another girl, I can tell 100% what she is wearing. Guys, for some reason, can't. No offense but are you guys stupid? Like a girl walks in with a perfect skin tone, blush, and lip balm and some mascara for a "natural" look and boys think she just rolled out of bed like that??? No.

Anyways what I'm trying to say is that even if you learn to apply it amazingly, we can still notice that it's there.
Idk why guys can't, but girls can.
we will 100% see through your bronzer.

Concealer is ok, just don't cake it on. Just use it on problem spots.
You should really use some lotions and mederma to heal your skin, don't just rely on makeup
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
>>16905991
>MORE FEMININE
Just google before and after male make up. That's not true at all.
>>
>>16905717
I think it's possible to cover acne spots and dark under-eye bags with a bit of foundation or concealer without it being noticeable or unacceptable. You could try a medicated exfoliating face wash, to help with the acne. Makeup could cause more acne. I think the bronzer would be a bit much, personally. But I second the good haircut and clothes, paying attention to the fit of your clothes- not baggy or tight. Good posture can also improve appearance. You could whiten your teeth, which both men and women sometimes do. It feels superficial telling you these things, because I think who you are as a person is more important (but one woman can't speak for all women).
>>
>>16906010
Example of a different case of acne scars,
>>
>>16906025
Look at me in the eye and tell me that guy isn't the biggest faggot you've ever seen.
>>
>>16905991
>Also, the girls are wearing varying amounts of makeup, so you can't argue that makeup is what makes men rate women higher.
Yes you can. Because it is a very safe assumption to say that the makeup makes them appear more attractive than they are.
>Makeup is specifically designed to make the wearer look MORE FEMININE.
Then its unfair for there not to be makeup to make someone look more masculine.
>No matter how naturally pretty you are, you cannot compete with the pretty girls who have makeup on
This is false.

It sounds like you have the same issues guys have and you are using makeup to hide them. So why is it wrong for you to make yourself more attractive than you are but not for a man.
>>
>>16906028
His skin looks great after though, and his sexuality doesn't interfere in that issue.
>>
>>16906028
He looks better than he did before.
>>
>>16906006
Im pretty good at spotting makeup as well on actual people I can view at different angles. Professional photos are a harder story if the makeup is well applied. What would so say>>16906010 is wearing.
>>
>>16906025
>>16906010
Are you trying to tell me that these men DONT look more feminine with makeup on?
Because they look way more feminine with makeup on.
>>
>>16906065
Femanon who posted that photo.
It's easy to identify the products once you see the original, as you know the flaws he needs to work on. The rosacia redness is corrected by green liquid concealer, while the droppy lids get a lift from focus soft illuminator in a neutral color without sheen. A minor quantity of matte setting powder is used to finish the work.

But if I met that guy on the street, I swear I'd never guess any make up, unless I'm really up close, then I could guess the powder.
>>
File: photoreadyman_.jpg (841 KB, 1050x675) Image search: [Google]
photoreadyman_.jpg
841 KB, 1050x675
>>16906084
I really don't think so. Flawless skin is not an exclusively feminine trait.
>>
>>16906049
What I'm telling you is that you don't HAVE to.

Your eyebrows are thick and bushy? Sweet, thick eyebrows are hot on guys.
On girls? Well let's see, thick eyebrows CAN be cute if they are tweezed daily, waxed monthly, trimmed, outlined with an eyebrow pencil, and filled with eyebrow powder.

You have facial hair, back hair, arm hair, and underarm hair? Nice, that's masculine- you're like a bear!!
Oh, but if you're a girl? I hope you enjoy paying 120$ to have every hair except the ones on your head ripped out for 3 hours every other week.

You've got small eyes and lips? That's ok- every boy looks like that! But if you're a girl, you need to wear some lipstick and eyeliner at all times or else you look "tired" or "sick".

Have acne? Well, you're a horny teenage boy- it's kind of to be expected- as long as it's not out of control it's fine.
But if you're a girl- what are you, a pervert?? Why is your skin so splotchy??

What I'm saying is that men are held to a different standard. You don't HAVE to have perfect skin to be attractive because it's so common. But if a girl has visible acne, she stands out like a sore thumb because every other girl has perfect skin because of makeup.
>>
>>16906117
You know nothing about being a guy. My eyebrows are thin to match my thin eyelashes. Both make me look like a faggot. When women have their problem they just apply makeup and hide their attractiveness.
>You have facial hair, back hair, arm hair, and underarm hair? Nice, that's masculine- you're like a bear!!
Its like you are trying to trigger me. It is very hard for most men to grow a really good beard. Nigh impossible. Even worse when mine if fairly patchy.
Eyeliner is not attractive on a woman.
>What I'm saying is that men are held to a different standard
this is bullshit and is validated by the point that women rate men lower than men rate women. Yeah the standard is tailored whether you look like an ideal man or an ideal woman, but the ideal man does not get a pass on acne scars whereas the ideal woman can cheat her way to get a pass.
I have to be an 8/10 by pure genetics, women dont and theres nothing fair about that.
>>
File: image.jpg (435 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
435 KB, 2048x2048
Alright- let me break it down.

The guy on the left- he's a pretty average looking guy, right?

How about this girl on the right?
Is she an average looking girl.
... REALLY? Do you think, compared the the girls eligible for dating that you see on a regular basis, she falls in the middle?

Neither of these people are wearing makeup, and they have a pretty similar amount of "facial issues".

The reason I am posting this is to demonstrate that men are not held to a higher standard of beauty, which is why makeup is not needed in order for them to look attractive.
We are so used to seeing women with their makeup and hair done that almost anyone who DOESNT wear makeup is "ugly".

If men wore makeup, then the standard of beauty would just be higher for men. The guy on the left wouldn't look like a normal dude anymore, he'd be "unfortunate looking"
>>
>>16906157
the average male is considered unattractive by most women. They both would be rated fairly low. Catch is that woman can cheat her way up to a 7/10 whereas the guy cant do much about it.
>>
>>16906140
You're stupid if you think eyeliner isn't attractive. Eyeliner is a necessary part of every day wear. Not VISIBLE eyeliner but like a very very thin streak on your water lines defines where your eye starts and your lids end.
You must be thinking of like cat eyes and shit which is a fuckload more than just eyeliner.

women don't just have a free pass, what I'm saying is that because the standard is higher, they don't get any more attractive.

All these things are hygine things that can be fixed without makeup.
Take some fucking biotin pills or just don't try to grow a beard, it's no biggie.
The fact of the matter is that guys can look hot WITH a beard, or WTHOUT a beard. Women cannot. If you have facial hair and you're a woman, then you're doing shit wrong
>>
>>16906184
The man is a 6/10 and the girl is a 3/10

With makeup, the girl can rise to a 6/10.
But here's the WHOLE POINT-
THE GIRL IS ONLY A 3/10 BECAUSE WE HOLD WOMEN TO A HIGHER BEAUTY STANDARD. If you had never seen a woman with makeup on before, then you know what that woman would look like to you? A fucking 6/10
>>
>>16906189
No eyeliner is just not attractive. Its trying way too hard and its blatant that you are hiding how you look with black paint.

>women dont just have a free pass
A woman with perfect skin and a woman who doesnt looks the same after makeup. Thats called a free pass.
>>
>>16906184
Please stop citing okcupid statistics to try to represent how all women view all men.

That whole "women rate men lower than men rate women" thing started after okcupid released some statistics.
This study is not applicable to real life because:
1) women on OK Cupid are extremely vain, entitled, and get crazy amounts of attention from basically every man since the gender ratio is so fucked.
2) the men who go on OK Cupid are for the most part unnattractive and socially awkward because they cannot succeed with a woman in face-to-face interactions and have resorted to Internet dating.

So basically you have a bunch of unnattractive guys and a few mediocre entitled women- what kind of result would you expect.

In real life, things are a lot different.
>>
>>16905717
> a male has to be an 8/10
A man doesn't have to be an 8/10, you just have to grow some fucking balls.

You don't like fat bitches? Then don't give them the time of day. You don't like how a girl treats you? Then move on.

have some fucking balls. If you like being a fat idiot with nothing to be proud of, then cool, go do that. Own it. Accept it. But don't get on here and whine like a fucking girl because you don't feel like getting off your lazy ass and doing something about it.
>>
>>16906238
>mass unbiased study of a large number of people dont reflect society.
Unless you can prove theres some biased factor other than your nonsensical conjecture then it is a perfect statistic.
>>
>>16906244
>A man doesn't have to be an 8/10, you just have to grow some fucking balls.
This is just false.
>>
>>16906262
>This is just false
Oh because that refutes shit.
>keep making excuses
>>
File: image.jpg (651 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
651 KB, 2048x2048
>>16906204
Your idea of what eyeliner is is like severely skewed. I'm not talking about a wing. I'm not talking about a centimeter of black paint on your eyelid. I'm talking about like a light brown tracing of your lash line.
Here's at swift example of good eyeliner (even though this is a little much-keep in mind she has mascara on too)

Also it's not a free pass because girls who have bad skin are like immediately untouchable. Like it's so rare that if you're in that category, you're fucked. You can be an attractive guy with bad skin, but you can't be an attractive girl with bad skin.

PLUS- things like having GOOD skin, as a guy, greatly increases how attractive you are because it's not EXPECTED. Like for a girl it's like oh you don't have good skin? Eww.
For a boy it's like "did you see his skin?? Soooo smooth!!"
>>
>>16906248
It's not a random sample group, it's a sample group of a VERY SPECIFIC TYPE OF PEOPLE.
That's like if I went to a my little pony convention and took a poll and then published "100% OF ADULTS IN THE US ARE FANS OF THE SHOW MY LITTLE PONY!"

Even if my poll sampled thousands of people, if it wasn't a random group, then you can't say that it accurately reflects society.

You could say that it accurately reflects on people who use ok Cupid, or maybe even on people who use online dating sites.
But the majority of people do not use online dating sites, just like how the majority of people don't like mlp.
>>
>>16906267
>Here's at swift example of good eyeliner
no.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 250x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 250x364
>>16906280
>>
>>16906279
Online dating culture is an accurate depiction of our society especially seeing as just how many of us are involved.
15% of the population is a significant amount. And theres no reason to assume they are different than others.
>>
>>16906288
left is actually more attractive. Overall. Eyeliner definitely does not help. But if I block out the eyes right might be more attractive.
>>
>>16906288
Femanon. I can't say eyeliner and lipliner were any improvement. If anything she looks worse.
>>
>>16906294
>15% of the population goes on OKcupid

Try again
>>
>>16906302
>>16906301
>>16906280

That's fine and all but no offense you guys have no idea what a difference it makes irl.

Eyes look tired and small when there's no make up on them in real life
>>
>>16906267
>women are expected to be a 10/10 so its not a free pass
free pass to being a 10/10.
>wah I have to compete with other 10/10's because we all cheat our ways to here.
>>
>>16906304
Oh why is ok cupid different that other online dating and the rest of the population. Point out the bias anon. Dont be that retard that says all statistics are only representative of people who are part of it. Look up what a confidence interval is and stop being uneducated.
>>
I wear foundation sometimes if I really want to look good + peach concealer for under eyes but bumping yourself up from 2/10 to 7/10 is not going to happen. Maybe 2/10 to 4/10.
>>
>>16906320
>womuns think being 10/10 so hard durr I think I gonna put on some contour n then I will b 10/10 guy! Me posts make no sens
>>
>>16906311
>That's fine and all but no offense you guys have no idea what a difference it makes irl.

Yeah you look unattractive with eye liner. Not that hard. You think hiding your eyes with black paint is supposed to look appealing. The hell are you smoking.
>>
>>16906331
Ok Cupid is literally nutorious for having a ton of desperate guys and entitled baby mamas. Have you ever actually looked in to the various profiles on there? It's NOTHING like "tinder" (which some normal people actually participate in).

If tinder published some statistics then I'd be more inclined to listen- but ok Cupid is like the underbelly of dating websites.
Please go see for yourself if you don't believe me
>>
File: image.jpg (919 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
919 KB, 1920x2560
>>16906340
You're telling me that in this picture, Emma Watson is hiding her eyes with black paint and looks bad?

Also- you are allowed to have whatever opinion you want but obviously most guys disagree with you. Women wear eyeliner because they know they're more likely to be "attractive" in the eyes of men if they wear it, which is why it's an essential part of almost every girl's makeup routine. Some are better at applying it than others, and I think that bad or obvious eyeliner is a cardinal sin of makeup, but subtle eyeliner like this is not bad at all.
>>
>>16906360
She is wearing highlighter in place of eyeliner, in both upper and lower lids. Not sure that's the best image for your point.
>>
>>16906360
>obviously most guys disagree with you
They dont. It makes you look sluttier though which is hotter in the sense that Im more likely to get laid and being a slut is hotter than being a prude. This is how we discuss makeup. Why do you think men chase women wearing hideous amounts of makeup.
>black paint
Good thing shes wearing so much black paint.
>>
>>16906378
What the fuck are you talking about?
Highlighter goes on your contour, not on your lids.
She appears to be wearing a small amount of nude eyeliner on her lower waterline, but you can also very clearly see some subtle LIGHT BROWN EYELINER on bother her top and bottom lids.

As I said, if applied correctly (like in that pic) it doesn't look unnatural and helps to make your eyes pop.
>>
>>16906387
It makes you look more put together.
CEO's and office women and women who are doctors frequently wear tasteful eyeliner because they look more put together.
Again, you probably don't notice it because that's the point.
>>
>>16906404
>It makes you look more put together.
If looking a tad bit sluttier means you look more together than sure.
>>
>thinks eyeliner looks bad on girls
>thinks he can contour with bronzer and add convincing stubble with makeup.

Absolutely fucking kek op.
i had no idea guys were this clueless when it comes to makeup.
If you're going to complain about something atleast know what the fuck you're talking about first
>>
>>16906406
I don't think you understand-
Eyeliner, when applied correctly, makes you look more alert/awake/attentive.

These are attractive characteristics in a partner, sure, but they can also be useful when meeting with a client or something.
>>
I don't have any more time to sit here and talk about something that I've had infinently more experience with than you have.

Op just use a SMALL amount of concealer. Don't do anything more than that unless you want to be ridiculed.

Good luck with your life
>>
>>16906392
>Highlighter goes on your contour, not on your lids.
... Have you literally never in your life seen a highlitfher eye pencil? Or people applying highlighter in... well, any fucking place? Or using it as eyeshadow?
Or using eyeshadow as lipstick, and lipstick as blush?
Anon, can you even make up?
>>
>>16906415
Theres nothing attractive about black paint.
>>
>>16906423
Are you fucking retarded?
I literally work at Sephora. That is NOT what you're supposed to do with fucking highlighter LMAO

Bruh what the fuck are you even talking about lipstick as blush?? Are u fucking wit me???

Idk if you're using some cheap ass filler store shit but I am NOT about to waste my expensive ass makeup putting in all sorts of crazy places.

Emma Watson did not use HIGHLIGHTER in place of EYELINER in that photo
>>
File: 000113246.jpg (137 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
000113246.jpg
137 KB, 1425x1425
>>16906423
I mean, really? It's not like it isn't widely used or provided by literally every brand. If you know nothing, you should shut up.
>>
>>16906438
omg, really bitch?. Just check the Clinique make up artists working for a Fashion Week. Sometime ago, during the release of the first Chubby Stick, they made a full face using Heaping Hazelnut. It was brilliant. I really, really doubt you work at Sephora.
>>
>>16906439
THAT'S A FUCKING NUDE EYELINER PENCIL which as I said SHE IS WEARING ON HER LOWER EATER LINE.

But you know what else she is wearing? BROWN EYE LINER.
She didn't use this nude eyeliner in place of the brown eyeliner, you use them together. Anyone who knows shit about makeup knows you don't put the brown ON your water line, you put it below. If you put it on the water line, it makes your eyes look smaller
>>
>>16906449
>eye bright eye highlighter
https://www.benefitcosmetics.com/us/en/product/eye-bright
You really know your shit, hahah
>>
>>16906447
Post some fucking pics, that is some click ate bullshit you cannot make a whole look with JUST some fucking lip balm.
That shit is so bad for your skin too you really gonna put makeup that's meant for different zones of your face in areas that they don't belong? Smh this is why y'all have nasty ass skin in the first place.
>>
>>16906454
1) it doesn't say highlighter- it says brightened which is a completely different thing. You said highlighter at first which is why I was like wtf because highlighter and brightener pencil arn't the same thing.
2) you're the one who said she used "highlighter" INSTEAD of eyeliner- she used both
3) they only started making brightener pencils after the sales of nude and white eyeliners and eye shadows went up- using a nude eyeliner pencil is a better investment than that brightener crap because it works just as well and isn't as expensive.
>>
Just put a dress on and take hormones already faggot.
>>
File: beleza-karen-walker.jpg (166 KB, 570x801) Image search: [Google]
beleza-karen-walker.jpg
166 KB, 570x801
>>16906456
You're right, it was a while ago and I didn't remember it correctly. The blush and shading was done with eyeshadow, the lips and lids were done with Heaping Hazelnut. Still proves my point better though! hahaha
You're horrible at your job.
>>
>>16906463
Can you read the damn description on the title of the page? Like in the window description? Just stop.
>>
>>16906469
>>16906469
>implying that doesn't look like shit

And a professional did that? I can only imagine how awful it would look if someone like you attempted it.

PLUS you're literally blind if you think that girls lips and her lids were done with heaping hazelnut- they're totally different colors.
The shading I can see with the eyeshadow but there is also additional blush, concealer, eyeliner, and mascara, so who knows what else she put on her to make it look acceptable.

This is one of the farthest things from "revolutionary" I have ever seen. If you are inspired by hoaky crap like this then you really need a reality check
>>
>>16906471
It doesn't say "highlighter" ANYWHERE on that page.

You were wrong. That's not a "highlighter" - it's a brightener. They're two totally different things in makeup
>>
>>16906478
It does look a tad rosier than heaping hazelnut applied to nude, unprepped lips, but that's all. Or do you not know that it's common to apply stuff to lips before applying a balm? Hm.
And of course there's been prepping on her face before the color, duh. Isn't that just assumed for a catwalk? The point was to display that most products can be used in different ways, which you seem to be ignorant to.
>>
File: jpeg.jpg (84 KB, 607x113) Image search: [Google]
jpeg.jpg
84 KB, 607x113
>>16906480
>>
>>16906266
>makes unsubstantiated claim
>expects burden of proof to be on the person replying
Nope.
>>
>>16906484
Um, no-
You said that they used only a LIP BALM to do her whole face like blush and everything- which was like totally wrong.

The weirdest thing about that image is that they used eye shadow to give her face a little more contour- which is hardly "brilliant"- it looks too shiny. Like I guess that kind of think is fine for the catwalk but not for everyday wear.obviously I'm not some makeup nazi- I know you can fudge stuff sometimes.

But you're over here trying to tell me that you can use lip balm as blush?? No ma'am.

And the whole issue started because that other person said "highlighter" instead of "brightener pencil", which, as I'm sure you know are two totally different things. You tried to tell me that CONTOURING HIGHLIGHTER could be used to replace eyeliner and achieve a similar look- which is simply untrue as highlighter and eyeliner serve two completely different purposes.
>>
>>16906288
Would rather date and have casual sex with left.
>>
>>16906491
I'm on my phone so I can't see the "tab title"
In the actual title and description of the web page, it's properly refered to as a brightener.

Do a web search for "makeup highlighter"- you'll find products that are intended for contouring.
Do a web search for "makeup brightener" and you'll find products that are meant to brighten the corners and waterline of your eye.
>>
>fierce makeup debates
I thought /g/ was uncivilized when talking about earphones and stuff. This is savage. I like it. Makes it seem like a much more genuine interest to get this insight.
>>
>>16906500
>But you're over here trying to tell me that you can use lip balm as blush?? No ma'am.

That's sort of how rouge was used when the product first appeared. So I'm not sure why are you shocked. It's hardly a new thing
http://thebeautydepartment.com/2013/05/lipstick-as-blush/
http://www.vogue.co.uk/beauty/2015/08/07/how-to-wear-lipstick-as-blush-hannah-murray
https://intothegloss.com/2015/07/how-to-wear-lipstick-as-blush-eyeliner/
http://www.bustle.com/articles/107941-you-can-use-lipstick-as-blush-3-other-ways-to-wear-it-besides-you-know
http://www.xovain.com/makeup/how-to-use-lipstick-as-blush
>>
>>16906505
Please check the reviews of the product too. A lot of people have been using it to highlight nose and eyebrows. And it works and they love it.
Get out of the box, a little, will you?
>>
File: a265889_s52.jpg (12 KB, 450x400) Image search: [Google]
a265889_s52.jpg
12 KB, 450x400
>>16906506
You're welcome. If you use make up in real life, you will learn how easy it is to multitask with a single products. It has even been the goal of people designing products these days, as products that can serve multiple functions are usually the ones selected to carry around in purses, relieving the bulk of a full make up kit. Pictured is Wonder Beauty Beauty on the Glow, advertised as blush, lipstick, illuminator for the brow, nose, and cupid's bow.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 750x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 750x236
>>16906508
Even the people who are doing this shit know that it's easy to fuck up.
Again- I'm not saying it isn't POSSIBLE to create a certain look for a CATWALK if you have professional makeup artists at your disposal, but if you think that any random person can just smear some lipbalm on their face and expect for it to look ok, then you are mistaken.

>>16906511
Look-
Brightener pencil is a more diverse tool.
You can use it for eyebrows, and even lips. Those are COMMON USES for this particular tool.

The reason why I had a problem is because when you said "highlighter"- I assumed that you meant a contouring highlighter because 99.9% of the time, that's what people mean when they say highlighter in a makeup context.

A highlighter could not be used in place of eyeliner because it comes in a powder or liquid form, and is usually something that probably isn't entirely safe to get in your eye.

More than anything, this was a miscommunication.
>>
>>16906520
Or, if you're not a cheap lazy ass- you'll invest in quality products that will 1) actually look good and suit your skin tones 2) will not make you break out!

Smh I can believe you guys are actually advocating putting lip balm on your cheeks and eyes in shit y'all much have to fucking slimy ass faces with all that balm
>>
>>16906525
I don't think anyone would continue using a product if it causes them to break out, my dear. Nobody is stupid. And honestly, way too many professionals have shown time and again that multitasking with a products works. As even proved by your own print. It's just a matter of getting the hang of it. And I take that over your opinion, since I've been particularly successful with all of it.

Also Wander Beauty is a small brand, but you can't call it cheap or low quality. It's a smart design for a good product. It's usually found online in their own store or at Neiman Marcus/Saks, like a ton of other brands not sold at Sephora, like Cle de Peau and Chantecaille. You do know these, right?
>>
>>16906525
>y'all much have to fucking slimy ass faces with all that balm
Also,
>different skin types
Heard of it?
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 750x662) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 750x662
>>16906538
>being this much of a fucking makeup hipster

Enjoy your bright ass mismatched skin tone all-in-one makeup stick.

Us big girls are going to stick to using things that match our skin tones and have a more natural/elegant look.

Nighty night
>>
>>16906556
>Image intended to display colors clearly rather than an actual look
Hm.
>>
>>16906546
>Y'all must have some fucking slimy ass faces with all that balm*

Uh, yeah- that's kind of the whole point. How does an "all in one" makeup stick accomidate the diverse skin types and tones?
It doesn't.

The all in one makeup stick is like a PERT2in1 shampoo and conditioner.
Like- you can /pretend/ like it's efficient but we all just know that you're being lazy and half-assing it with some cheap shit when you should be using specific shampoos and conditioners that suit your hair type.
>>
>>16906561
Wanna show us an example of yourself since you swear by it, then?
>>
File: areyoustupid.jpg (81 KB, 743x225) Image search: [Google]
areyoustupid.jpg
81 KB, 743x225
>>16906563
It's not intended for all skin types. Different products, different skin types. Like literally any other product.
Or is this pictured menu just for decoration?
>>
>>16906572
Where are you buying it from? It doesn't have that menu on the page I'm on
>>
>>16906576
>unable to recognize Sephora website

And why would WB have that menu on their page? They don't have different products to categorize. My god, you must be mentally impaired. Or do you think they sell fucking Urban Decay on their site?

If you ask a sales person they'll tell you what skin type different lines of different brands are meant for, and if what you have in hand is right for you or not. Are you sure you work at Sephora?
>>
>>16906581
Well fucking exactly? Why are you pulling up sephora's web menu for skin types when we don't even sell your cheap ass crap?

Literally why would you even mention that when you dumbass little makeup stick doesn't come in different forms for different skin types??

Like are you retarded?? Stop going off on random tangents.
>>
alright this is literally not worth my time I can't believe I even wasted my time talking to your cheapass Barbie face.

Enjoy your makeup stick- maybe you can shove it up your ass and fuck yourself with it!! :) +1 more use!!!
>>
>>16906586
What product offers variations for different skin types? The foundations I use have no "oily skin version". Or are even described as "for dry skin" in the packaging. Why would WB have a menu if they have a single product, meaning its meant for one skin type?

Also, $42 is more expensive than the average Sephora product of the same category. Just saying.
>>
>>16906590
Honey, if you can't recognize the website of your own company, or know where "Beauty Insider" that was right on top is from, you fail.
>>
A lot of guys I see look disgusting. They physically look like shit, they're wearing meme t-shirts, and they look like they cut their own hair -- if they cut it all.

Sometimes they fucking stink. I had a neckbeard sit next to me the other day and I could smell the piss and ass-sweat in his shorts and I felt like gagging. He didn't look homeless he looked like a 4chan user.

Even an ugly woman can usually nail hygiene and wearing socially acceptable clothes that fit. If you can't then just shut the fuck up.

Here's the thing though OP. Even though make up could make you look better women don't care. At the moment you're looking at men from a straight man's eyes and naturally you find the feminine and softer looking ones more attractive.

Sure, no one likes skin blemishes or spots or whatever, but you are clearly not in a position to know what is attractive to women -- because it's not eyeliner most of the time.
>>
>>16906622
what. No one is saying men should wear eyeliner nor does makeup make you look more feminine. Are you saying every attractive male on tv looks feminine.
>>
>>16906628

What I was saying is that as a slightly autistic male OP is not aware of what is attractive to women.

If he's saying "if only I could wear makeup then women would want to fuck me," he clearly has no idea what women are looking for and his projecting his own desire for femininity on to women.

>Are you saying every attractive male on tv looks feminine.

That's not something you can even infer from what I've said. But, actually, kinda. Not every man but a lot.

Especially in America a lot of the big Hollywood guys like Ryan Gosling, Leonardo, Ryan Reynolds etc. are not very masculine looking guys. Sure they're buff but they're also quite soft and gentle looking people.

It's why Hollywood has to bring in ugly Brits to play anyone that is slightly tough.

Makeup isn't going to categorically make you look feminine but a lot of it is used to make eyes look wider, make skin look more youthful, to get rid of wrinkles etc. Which are all things that make you look more feminine.
>>
Those women are cheats and swindlers. But they just want to be beautiful, I guess
>>
You, like most people, probably don't have a realistic idea of what you look like to others.
Most men are shit at so much of their presentation that makeup should be the least of their worries. Dress, manner, hair, and, obviously, douche level matter a lot.
I get what you're saying OP, but you sound like a boorish asshole. I don't care if you looked like my celeb crush AND had his money, that would be a deal-breaker. All women have different priorities, despite what your red pill subreddit says. Guess you better get rich.
>>
For girls: It's appearance/ looks
For guys: It's attitude and capability

Read some redpill shit, remove the woman hate and pickup line shit, and you've got a good idea of what women are attracted to.

It's not muscles, not just money, not genetics (except maybe height)

A man with a goal in the back of their mind (unrelated to women) and a forgiving attitude towards the people around them is immediately distinguishable from a man with no goals (besides trying to get women) and a jealous/ spiteful demeanour.
>>
>>16906650
>not looking old and shitty is feminine
what would do I live in.
>>
>>16907114
Youth is a feminine thing.
Guys look distinguished with age- women just turn in to hags
>>
>>16907115
>Guys look distinguished with age

Says the guy
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.