[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does smoking deepen your voice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
I'm thinking of smoking a pack-a-month if it helps.
>>
>>16905137
According to rap waka flocka got his voice harsher from smoking blunts
>>
>>16905137
the pitch of your voice depends on the length of your vocal cords. smoking will certainly not help make them longer, but it will help mucus accumulate on them, which is shitty, sounds shitty, feels shitty, you don't want that.

if you want a deeper voice the best thing you can do is take some vocal lessons or look up how to extend your vocal range on the internet. make sure when you're speaking to lift the soft part of the back of your throat up (like when you're yawning) so that your voice is clear.
>>
>>16905137
Brother, I have a super deep voice, closest in comparison I can think of is Barry White for how deep my voice is. My voice has been like this since I was twelve man. Puberty hit me hard. But I've never smoked, so I have no idea if it would.

Except when it came to facial hair. I was only able to finally grow a decent beard at 20.

>>16905220
But what this anon said is true. Plus, vocal lessons let me make my voice go even deeper.
>>
>>16905220
>smoking will certainly not help make them longer, but it will help mucus accumulate on them, which is shitty, sounds shitty, feels shitty, you don't want that.

Why not?

I discovered I feel macho when I have laryngitis. It makes my voice reverberate around my skull and I feel more in charge, even though it's a bit hoarse.

Can smoking simulate this every day?
>>
>>16905137
Just be sleepy.

Voice gets deep af when I'm sleepy.
>>
Yes smoking deepens your voice. Not so much "deepen" as it does make it "raspy". This also depends on what you smoke and how much you smoke. Tobacco is different compared to marijuana, obviously. You could probably google it. I do have a bit of a smoker's voice in my daily life though, so I've heard. I like it, I guess.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 457x630) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 457x630
Yeah but it's not hot-deep. Like a chunk of your throat is gone so...
>>
post a vocaroo of your voice
>>
File: 52068b43c14d656d16779c1866fad221.png (316 KB, 1193x1033) Image search: [Google]
52068b43c14d656d16779c1866fad221.png
316 KB, 1193x1033
>tfw forced to grow up vegan
>everyone in my family is against eating any meat and they basically worship PETA
>I only haven't done it because I'm partially scared that my body can't handle meat after 18 years of being force fed bullshit
>adopt a kitten
>all my friends and coworkers are scared that I'm going to force my my parents ideals on my cat.

Is there any way to make people stop. I don't even consider myself a vegan as I never wished this upon myself, nor would I want to enforce such bullshit on a pet I own.

Telling people I was just raised that way doesn't seem to work, and I'm actually scared of eating meat because I'm not sure of the consistencies of eating a bullshit diet for 18 years and suddenly switching to normal human consumption.
>>
Oh, the idiocy brought over by frail masculinity.
>>
>>16906647
>I only haven't done it because I'm partially scared that my body can't handle meat
Seems to me like your parent's brainwashing is working.
>>
>>16905378
Are in your very early 20s or late 10's?

>no, I'm in my mid-20s or older
Christ man, do whatever you want.
I don't recommend it, and no reasonable person would, but do whatever crazy stuff you want. Just make sure it's going to actually have the intended effect (which means looking up actual research, not bullshit websites or the opinions of /adv/).

>yes
Don't do anything until you hit at least 23 years of age. Becoming a responsible adult at 21 is a meme, you're still a delinquent little shit at that age.

The decision to start smoking is one that millions of people struggle to reverse, and only a few thousand succeed at reversing. It's a habit that will cost you literally tens of thousands of dollars, ruin your relationship chances with a lot of people you might otherwise get close with, and might kill you prematurely.

Wait until you can be certain you're as little of an idiot as you will ever be, then make the decision.

>inb4 I'm young and I don't care
I'm 22 and I've had cancer already. Stay far away from anything that might give you cancer. You want to put that bullshit off for as long as possible.
>>
>>16905137
It is not the smoking itself that deepens your voice. It's the throat cancer.
>>
swallowing glass causes micro tears that causes greater reverberation and in turn a deeper voice
>>
>>16905137
A pack a month is nothing and wont have any effects on your voice. The people that have that smokers voice are people that smoked like one or more packs a day for like 20 years
>>
It won't, especially a pack a month. Those people that have a deep smoker's voice either got it through puberty or its because they've smoked a pack or more a day for a decade or two
>smoked at most a pack every two days for a year and still smoke every now and then, my voice hasn't changed in any noticeable way
>>
>>16906647
Jesus, you must be the biggest pussy in the world.
>>
>>16906925
Seconding this motion, most vegans I come across are usually nice people, but are generally get cut by a feather sword.

I can go on, but your comment was sufficient.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.