[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sensitive girl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
I know this girl is used to date, who is really sensitive like even a simple joke could offend her.I wanna be able to talk to her without causing a riot with her. what should I do ?
>>
Look for another girl.
>>
>>16904709
/thread

Can you imagine a relationship with a girl like that? I pity the poor sap who gets roped into her bullshit.
>>
Uhh… SAUCE?

This sounds like some bait to me. If it's not, tell us the "simple joke" that "offended" her. And why do you care about what a girl you "used to date" thinks anyway?
>>
File: black kid.jpg (22 KB, 480x319) Image search: [Google]
black kid.jpg
22 KB, 480x319
>>16904709 this is no bait. I made a black sabbath and a sabbath day joke. the joke was bad by my god she over reacted.
>>
File: tumblr_nrfrc4lxty1u00qgto1_1280.jpg (165 KB, 787x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrfrc4lxty1u00qgto1_1280.jpg
165 KB, 787x960
>>16904756
Not OP but I posted this in a chat one time that my girlfriend at the time was in. She got super offended and ended up braking up with me a week later.
>>
>>16904978
Oh fuck that image is gold. Fuck your ex.
>>
>>16904978
in my case, I don't think she actually got the joke, but she still said she was offended.
>>
>>16905073
Lol thanks bro.
>>
>>16905312
That would be extremely frustrating. It really bothers me when people get upset over humor that they don't understand.
>>
>I wanna be able to talk to her without causing a riot with her. what should I do ?

It is impossible not to offend someone who's identity relies on taking personal offense. Really what's going on is there's a trust barrier, and you're on the wrong side of the "us" versus "them" calculation. As long as you're on the wrong side there will literally be nothing that you can say that could not be interpreted to be offensive, since meaning is manufactured in the listener.
>>
>>16905977
Not OP. Never looked at it with this perspective before, it actually does make sense to a degree.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.