[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life vs Savings?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: money-stacks.jpg (255 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
money-stacks.jpg
255 KB, 750x500
How much should I be saving each month? How much do you save each month?

I get 1700 dollars a month after tax. About $850 goes into my apartment each month. I probably spend about $300 a month on essentials like transport and food.

So I have about $500 a month for savings, entertainment (alcohol, computer games, music) and fixing broken shit. (my fridge broke last month so spent $300 on a new fridge)

so my question is, of this $500 what is an appropriate amount to spend on myself and how much should I try to save?
>>
I've only figured out the "save all you can" method. I only spent the essentials, and the expense of getting a computer and buying Internet. The rest I socked away until I had about 30,000 USD and no idea what I was going to do with it (it's not really enough to go crazy on or live off of for very long). So I started spending it on "socializing" (bars, meals) and clothes, and my saving grow very very slowly but still I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with all this money. Buy a better car? Go to school to make more money...?
>>
>>16902880
learn about investing / start your own business... Having 30k in the bank and seeing that grow is great. I would hate living paycheck to paycheck.
>>
>>16902868
A lot of financial experts will tell you to take as much as you can off your income and put it into savings. I say start at 20%, but the true percentage depends on you. If you wanna start at 10%, that's fine too.

Based on your numbers, $100 from your $500 desposible going to savings would be a good start.
>>
>>16902883
I second this. Go into investment. 30k is a lot. Go to investpedia and start a portfolio
>>
Depends on your goals. Ideally you should be saving for something in particular like school or a family. It's also wise to save a bit for emergencies like an accident and visit to the hospital. You're not making much, so I just suggest you cut corners and refrain from spending until you find better work.
>>
>>16902868
Save 15 percent of each check
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.