[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Improving Life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: tnveby.png (2 MB, 2065x2357) Image search: [Google]
tnveby.png
2 MB, 2065x2357
I recently moved (legally) from a third world country to USA, and was wondering how could I improve my life? I am currently attending a Community College for Cybersecurity (I actually wanted CS, but this is what they have available) and really wanted some advice on what I should do next. Keep studying and try to enter an University? Get a job after you graduate (would be willing to do anything above minimum wage, to be honest)? What would you do if you were in my place?
>>
>>16902093
>would be willing to do anything above minimum wage, to be honest

You have to go back
>>
Become an Internet PI and start your own business after you graduate.
>>
Look for a university that accepts transfer credits from your community college. Like look class to class and find out which credits transfer.

Do as many of the general education classes (math, English, sciences, etc) that transfer as you can.

You can probably get a job pretty easy if the language you spoke in your shitty foreign country is useful here, like Spanish... Just be sure to emphasize being fluent in both English and the shit speak language.

Continue working and going to the community college. Do very well in your classes, maintain a 4.0 (or 5.0 if it is some shit tier school that doesn't use 4.0). Might help you to get some scholarships or something.

After you have some savings and are stable, transfer to the real university and take all your general education credits with you.

Most US universities waste two years of your life and tens of thousands of dollars on "general education" which is just high school over again... So doing them at the community college for pennies on the dollar saves a lot of time and money.

Jump straight into your program and do the few remaining GE classes you have... Graduate with a BS in whatever IT major you chose.

Make life your bitch.
>>
>>16902168

Thank you, really appreciate it.
>>
Hardware technician makes more and there is more job opportunities. I'm going for my CS and I started at a CC, so that's what I'm doing.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.