[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would it be weird to say "happy birthday" to someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1456690770081.jpg (727 KB, 1934x2579) Image search: [Google]
1456690770081.jpg
727 KB, 1934x2579
Would it be weird to say "happy birthday" to someone I literally haven't spoken to in 5 years?
>>
>>16900849
It shouldn't be the first/only thing you say. It's not rude, but it wont mean anything to someone who hasn't spoken to you in that long.

Instead, say something like

>Hey! I haven't seen you in so long. Happy birthday, I hope you've been doing well.
>>
>>16900849

Kind of

Be aware that you may get ignored. What you're about to do is what people who ask for shit always do.
>>
>>16900855
Oh, that'd make a lot more sense. You saved me anon
>>
>>16900885
I'm used to that, I'm just taking a shot in the dark
>>
If you want to reach out to someone who you haven't talked to in a while, do it.

They might think it's weird, in which case why the fuck do you care what they think.
They might really appreciate it, which means you can get reacquainted.

I'm living overseas, and I've been occasionally sending messages to two friends back home. One would always respond, the other never would. So I sent him a message directly.
Turns out he had FUCKING CANCER, and he wasn't sure how to tell me because my mother recently died of cancer. So I'm really glad I made the effort to talk to him.
>>
>>16900849
Actually no.

I did that one time for a girl I went to highschool with. Turns out she had just been dumped by her bf and invited me over to her place.

So go for it!
>>
>>16901227
Jesus, that's heavy. I just entered college so I don't know what these people are doing. She responded and we're talking a bit, which is much more than I ever got in High School. Still haven't even touched a girl's hand.
>>16901233
If only that would happen to me m8, jealous
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.