[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Go to job interview >Reviewers are two millennials >Answer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1457576766779.jpg (128 KB, 750x739) Image search: [Google]
1457576766779.jpg
128 KB, 750x739
>Go to job interview
>Reviewers are two millennials
>Answer their questions pretty well, with details relating to the job applying for
>They only ask three before asking if I had any
>I ask a few - and it quickly becomes casual conversation, like workplace banter I wouldn't expect until a month or so in - to the point of them partially admitting that the job is pretty lame desu but whatever
>I try not to let it get out of hand, I turn conversation back to my qualifications at opportunity and remain upbeat about the possibility of being hired

So I can't really tell - were they casual because they weren't taking me seriously as a candidate, or because they liked me and were comfortable with me?
Pls help a poor lost assburger.
>>
Probably the second. I think your chances are good. Best of luck, OP, I'm trying to get out of my dead end job, too.
>>
>>16900551
Sounds good to me, OP...hell, better than good. Make sure to send a thank you note and follow-up on your application status a week later.

Only a trained professional can diagnose you with Asperger's. Don't self-diagnose and don't use a diagnosis as an excuse, should you get examined.

Good luck with the job.
>>
>>16900551
Wouldn't you want to hire someone you can talk to comfortably rather than someone who's quiet and difficult to converse with?
>>
>>16900551
>So I can't really tell - were they casual because they weren't taking me seriously as a candidate, or because they liked me and were comfortable with me?
Option 3: you passed the qualifications, and so they moved on to testing you for "fit". These are millennials, after all: "fit" is big for them.

That said, it sounds like you didn't spill the spaghetti during that test. I'd call that a very positive sign.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.