[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with really stupid co-workers that you are friendly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: secretary_monkey_on_the_phone.png (298 KB, 335x508) Image search: [Google]
secretary_monkey_on_the_phone.png
298 KB, 335x508
How do you deal with really stupid co-workers that you are friendly with?

I work with this older lady who is really sheltered an ignorant, but can be nice. For example I sent her a link to an article about those strange night time noises in Oregon and the headline said something like "NOCTURNAL NOISES BAFFLE RESIDENTS" and when she reads it she says "Why do they say "nocturnal"? Can't they just say "at night"?" With a real pissy, indignant tone of voice.

So I say "What's wrong with the word nocturnal?" And she says with this sound of disgust "Usually thats just for talking about animals or bugs!!"

That really made me want to lash out at her and tell her what a braindead asshole she is for saying that, but I didn't because it would hurt her feelings.

What should my strategy be when she acts like a fucking retard?
>>
To stop being so autistic
>>
>>16899752
Spoken like a true retard. Any helpful advice on this board?
>>
Some people are just stupid. Like think of how dumb the average person is and then realize 50% of the population is even more stupid.

Dont burn bridges. You never know what could happen. You can politely advocate your point but dont push it. Maybe she will mull your thoughts over at night and see some sense.
>>
>>16899653

Smile and wear a mask.

When you deal with idiots for a long time, you become desensitized to their stupidity. I can tell you haven't been working long, or have anger issues.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.