[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need some advice, /adv/. My girlfriend of four years finally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: sentiment_man_angry.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
sentiment_man_angry.png
29 KB, 633x758
Need some advice, /adv/.

My girlfriend of four years finally decided to cut the rope, she said she didn't feel anything for me anymore, and that she wanted to break up.

Normally I would talk to her, try and get to the bottom of it and we'd go back being happy despite a little hiccup. Except now, its finally over, she's left me and now I'm all alone.

I don't know what to do here, how did any of you manage to recover from such a rough situation?
>>
Go hang with your friends. Get some beers.

Or for that matter even your parents or siblings...

Being around people you know are more perminent parts of your life can give you some comfort.

After I left my last GF I went to visit my dad for a week and it helped a lot. I just drank beer and played with his dog but it helped remind me that that girl wasn't the centre of the universe.
>>
Do what you did before the relationship, enjoy not having to take care of someone this time around.
>>
>>16899047
>girlfriend of four years
>four years

i dunno anon. 4 years is shit or get off the pot territory.
>>
>>16899047
it's taken me roughly 2-3 years to get over my last girlfirend.

the first few months are the hardest, very hard. sometimes feels like a physical pain. after about 6 months to a year or so youll start to get used to the feeling though and it gradually gets better from there.

try and distract yourself with friends and hobbies when you start feeling a bit better. dont wallow in the sadness to long or youll find it hard to get out.

having a job helps becuase you have no choice but to get up and do shit.

when you feel a bit better go to the gym if you dont already. get some new clothes. then get out there and just try and get some girls if youre good at that sort of thing. its a easy way to distract yourself from your ex.

and when you finally start looking for a new girlfriend dont go out with somebody who is anything like your ex. find somebody different
>>
Are you me i just wanted to post the exact same thing.
Im also in a relationship with my gf for 4 years now and she told me yesterday that she thinks she doesn't love me anymore and she needs the weekend to think about it.

I will fight for her but i got that strange painful feeling its over.
I don't know what to do. I feel like im nothing with her. Hell ive been with her since i was 15 i don't know how it is without her.

I feel like im gonna puke any second thinking of her looking me straight in the eyes and saying she doesn't feel anything for me anymore.

Life sucks and then you die...
>>
>>16899047
My (now ex) boyfriend of 14 months and I split up recently. He really withdrew from me and I wanted to break up, we tried to stay friends but I am too hurt.
He does not love me anymore, similar to your situation, I actually read his journal and it said that he doesn't love me anymore and actually likes someone else. I cut it off with him because he's full of shit and never gave me any hint of his energy or empathy in the end. He just dropped me after we had a beautiful, once very loving relationship.
This is what you gotta do:
>talk about your feelings, say everything, every piece of logic you find, every irrational thought and feeling as well. I have found even talking out loud when no one is around helps me work things through. If you need someone to talk to though we can kik. What is your username?
> know that this is tough, and inevitably it is going to hurt a fuck ton, and it is going to be extremely uncomfortable, as life as you knew it is not the same, but you're going to have to tolerate it. The hurt will not be around forever. Just gotta ride it out and feel it while working through your emotions
>eventually you will accept what has happened and move on, it is not a forever thing. You're going to be okay.
>distract yourself by doing shit, like watch movies or TV, listen to music+dance, go out with friends, go for walks, read, learn new shit, find what you like to do and stick with it
>LOVE YOURSELF! And know yourself. It's okay that you feel uncomfortable with that for now but put some energy into truly knowing who you are. It is the best thing you can feel in life.

If you're like me and hardly have any friends, make new ones. Whatever you have to do, be outgoing.
Work through it and know you're gonna feel like shit for a while. Smoke some pot. It helps a lot.
I feel for you OP. You're not the only one going through it, and ultimately, this opens a new door and chapter of your life and you will learn from it.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.