[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my girlfriend really wants to travel and I just don't.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: 1434864763408.jpg (46 KB, 600x385) Image search: [Google]
1434864763408.jpg
46 KB, 600x385
So my girlfriend really wants to travel and I just don't.

I think it would be a waste of money and time off work, making money. Needless to say, i'm keen to do other stuff, like movies, dinner etc etc, more intimate stuff.

I've tried talking to her about it, telling her I don't mind if she wants to go travel, but she got offended and has been shitty at me since, saying things like "I always wanted to go travel Europe with my partner, I can't believe you want to go. "

Now I was straight up with her about the whole travel business since the start of our relationship. And i've tried to give it a go, we went on a cruise together and it was ok.

Guess I don't know what to do now. Got any advice, /adv/?
>>
Watch Taken with her
>>
Oh boy, i'm just like you. I think your dilemma is kind of a "warning example" for me. I share your opinion that travelling abroad to foreign countries just for leisure is a huge waste of money. The only advice i can give you is to break up. When i meet a partner, i intend to make it clear from the start that i'm not the kind of guy who wants to go on "vacations". I'm all up for leisure time, but financially there is a limit to how much i consider it reasonable to spend on such things.
>>
File: download (38).jpg (7 KB, 293x172) Image search: [Google]
download (38).jpg
7 KB, 293x172
>>16897860
We've watched it, no effect.

>>16897862
Yeah I think a lot from it stems form the fact that shes younger then me and still lives with her parents.

But even laying it out straight up with it, she thinks im being selfish and feels like im holding her back. When im like, go do these things then, I dont have to be there holding your hand every single second of every single day...
>>
>>16897932
>When im like, go do these things then, I dont have to be there holding your hand every single second of every single day...

Yeah but she wants you to go with her right? She has this romantic fantasy of going to Europe with her partner, looking at the eiffel tower 'n shit. It won't be the same thing if you don't come along with her, i guess.
>>
>>16897932
She's young and vivacious and wants to do fun, adventurous things with someone she loves. I'm going to guess that she's 20-25 and you're 30+
>>
File: 1444826593981.jpg (150 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1444826593981.jpg
150 KB, 600x450
>>16897997
Well then the point is she wants to do things with me, right? I see no reason it cant be doing stuff locally, or even interstate...but internationally, just not my cup of tea really.

>>16898075
Yeah close, shes 22 and i'm 25.

But she inst willing to do adventurous things in side her own country, yet alone another.

On some level I get it, but I accepted there's thing i'll want to do and she doesn't, why can she do the same?

Am I being too unreasonable..?
>>
>>16898104
can't she do the same**
>>
>>16898104
>Am I being too unreasonable..?

A little. You don't seem right for each other at all. My advice is break up.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.