[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel miserable when I'm by myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
It doesn't happen all the time, but when I'm by myself, away from my friends I sometimes get really really upset/depressed for no reason. Maybe it's because I'm around them so much I'm just not used to being alone, maybe it's something much worse, idk. All I do know is that this isn't good for me and I need to work on solving whatever it is that's causing this.
>>
>>16896492
You're just an extrovert, probably.

What exactly bothers you? Is it negative thoughts or does you mood just get bad inexplicably? Any details at all?
>>
>>16896613
I don't really get any negative thoughts, just my mood drops and I want nothing more than to just be hanging out with them.

The really weird thing is 3 or 4 years ago I was introverted as fuck. I wanted to do nothing but stay in and play vidya and listen to music 24/7. My friends pretty much had to drag me out in order to get me to do anyhting
>>
>>16896622
How old were you then?

Generally, if you're a teenager or coming out of being a teenager, this can be a thing that switches up.

Sounds like you're an extrovert now. The solution is to just hang out with your friends when you want to.
>>
>>16896652
I was about 16 or 17 then. I'll be 20 on the first
>>
>>16896652
>The solution is to just hang out with your friends when you want to.

Yeah, and I usually do. However sometimes I can't because of them working or me having school stuff to do or other things. It gets worst at night
>>
File: augh.jpg (9 KB, 243x300) Image search: [Google]
augh.jpg
9 KB, 243x300
>>16896492
You're extroverted, and the thoughts that you have when you are alone aren't really that big of a deal. Everybody has negative thoughts from time to time, especially if you're a teenager (or close to it) like the other posters said.

If you feel shitty when you're alone, do something productive to distract yourself.
>>
>>16897214
Well right now I'm doing school stuff, so that's productive.The issue is I actually feel too goddamn miserable to pay much attention to it.

I would honestly get my school work done so much faster if this didn't happen.
>>
>>16897214

You always post the same stupid picture with some half assed replies that you take to be the complete truth (as evidenced by your style of writing them).

When will you stop anon?
>>
Hanging around your friends every day and wondering why your miserable when their not with you is like drinking every day and wondering why your miserable when your not drinking.
>>
>>16897290
His image actually touched my heart, so shut the FU*K up.
>>
>>16897376

kill yourself you samefagging piece of shit
>>
Do all threads on this board end in people arguing over unrelated shit?
>>
>>16897482

shut the fuck up
>>
>>16897499
So yes?
>>
>>16896492
Making a mountain out of a molehill friend.

Humans are social animals. You are particularly dependant on interaction. All people are, really, but your complaining about it implies it might be a bit more severe for you.

No illness, no quirk, no issue, no problem.

You like company and when deprived will be depressed. This is the hand of cards dealt to you.
>>
>>16897521
So I just have to deal with it? Is there nothing I can do about it
>>
Good GOD, OP, I came here to post this exact thread. I've been dealing with this for a few months now, since I gained a really solid friend group and started dating again after moving out on my own.

I even started seeing a therapist because I was getting so depressed being by myself. Her answer was I'm definitely an extrovert, and that I draw my energy and solace from people, rather than solitude.

I get the negative thoughts that accompany the "loneliness" though. Thoughts that have no basis in truth but still hurt. Like "your friends secretly hate you" or "you're not going anywhere in life" and I KNOW this shit isn't true, but it still weighs on me and hurts.

You're probably not a Christian or even a religiousfag at all, but I find prayer helps. You're never truly alone when God's got your back. Might help, idk. Helps me sometimes.

Fuck though, I'm just glad I'm not the only one on here dealing with this. It sucks, but misery loves company, so I'm totally monitoring this thread.
>>
>>16897817
For me it isn't depressing thoughts, it's just feeling depressed in general. I just feel shitty for no reason.

The worst part is my last relationship fell apart because of this. I would always neglect her for my friends because I have this massive emotional dependence on them.
>>
>>16897837
I think mine starts out with the general depressed feeling, and to make sense of it, my brain creates the negative thoughts to almost justify feeling like shit.

I have a huge emotional dependence on my friends, too. I don't think that's a bad thing, per se, but it definitely can be a crutch to dealing with out own insecurities and feelings. I don't know though, it's a weird thing because, for instance, I had a fantastic day today. I got a girl's number, I hung out with like six of my buddies for a couple hours, and then one of them came back to my place and we played video games for a bit.

As soon as he left though, and it hit me I was alone, I crashed hard. I had to call my mom just because I was feeling so depressed.

It's super strange, because you'd think I'd be happy after having such a good day, but I'm just... not.
>>
>>16897865
I will admit, I love relaxing and spending mornings and afternoons by myself, but as soon as 6 or 7pm rolls around it starts to hit me. Maybe just nighttime atmosphere gets to me.
>>
>>16897884
Could be. It's a similar feeling with me, too. I think it's just because, like, at night, you have more time to unwind after the events of the day, and that can manifest itself in a bad way (depression, anxiety, etc).

My buddy says I have "Sun-Downs Syndrome." Might be some truth to that.
>>
>>16896492
>>16897817

Self diagnosis is stupid, but it sounds like you might want to look into the idea that you guys might have Borderline Personality Disorder.

I'm not saying it's the case, but it is a very prominent sign.

Chances are you guys are just extreme extroverts though
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.