[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /adv/ice think about paternity tests? There are an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1455374683228.jpg (522 KB, 3000x2001) Image search: [Google]
1455374683228.jpg
522 KB, 3000x2001
What does /adv/ice think about paternity tests?

There are an estimated 3 to 6 million *married* men in the US raising children they think are theirs but really aren't. Genetic analysis of other countries shows the same 1-2% rate of involuntary cucking.

To me, this means that every man should get a paternity test for each baby he and his wife have. To me, a little swab and $100 bucks is a cheap price to pay for peace of mind, especially given the state of the law in the country. Under most State laws, a man has *at most* until the kid is 2 years old to get a paternity test. After that, if you signed on the dotted line, you're financially responsible for child support.

A woman can literally defraud you, cheat on you, have you raise a baby that isn't yours... and if you take her to court and show the baby isn't yours? The court will take away your parental custody rights and force you to continue paying child support.

There are cases where a man gets cucked and then has to pay child support while the biological father is *married to the cheating wife and living in the non-biological father's ex-home.*

Every woman I have ever brought this up to has had a violent and negative reaction to the idea of taking paternity tests. Men are expected to enter into a legally binding contract with the government that's totally unnecessary for anything except tax breaks (marriage), but can't take a paternity test?

Am I just never going to be able to get married? Because that seems very selfish to me. Women see it very differently.
>>
You're getting a negative reaction because if the rate is only 1-2%, you are telling the other 99-98% of women, literally millions of women, that you're just going to assume that they are also cheating liars. Most would find that personally insulting.

That's like saying since the majority of rapists are male (with either female or other male victims), that means all males should wear a warning sign or be tracked at all times, right? For peace of mind? Because obviously if there are 6% of men who are rapists, the rest of the male population should consent to GPS tracking at all times, just to make sure they aren't out there raping. You would find that suggestion personally insulting, yes?

Or, you could just not ever get married if you can't get over that 1-2% of women. That's what I recommend.
>>
>>16893867
I have no input to help but just gonna post another oscar meme
>>
>>16893926
> you are telling the other 99-98% of women, literally millions of women, that you're just going to assume that they are also cheating liars. Most would find that personally insulting
Point taken.

As far as the rapist shit, that's just a false analogy. Getting a paternity test is a father's right under the law. The law also offers no protection for men that fall into the 1-2%.
>the rest of the male population should consent to GPS tracking at all times
That's no one's right and the law offers protection to rape victims.

The law does NOT offer protection to defrauded husbands....except paternity testing at birth. It's very different.

Furthermore, all men DO pay for the 6% - it's called stranger danger. Men put up with it all the time even though we're not rapists. I don't find it insulting; I'm tolerant of it even though I'm not a rapist because I want the girl to feel safe. So I change the way I act - I keep my cool, I stay away from large hand gestures, I do not creep, etc. So men DO modify their behavior because of the 6%.
>>
>still thinking marriage automatically means children
>2016
>>
>>16894046
Not that anon, but like you said, the rapist stuff isn't a good analogy. There's no point in you getting so worked up about it. You've got your answer about why women react the way they do, there's really no reason to continue this thread anymore
>>
>>16894046
>>16893926
I do agree though that I'm going to have to give up on marriage.

If women really can't handle a $100 test when it's my only protection under the law from being cuckolded... well that's so selfish that I find the idea repulsive. Men go through a lot for their women, like marriage. I enter into a legally binding commitment that offers me no actual benefits other than tax breaks. I do it for their security and peace of mind even though marriage doesn't actually protect women from anything - I can still do everything they fear so much, like cheat. The divorce rate is around 50%, which means I'll waste money getting married and then waste even more money getting divorced if I'm half of all the population.

But yet we men do it, we chain our dicks up so that women can feel safe.

But women can't take a quick, painless, $100 test... because it hurts their feelings.

I should never get married.
>>
>>16894047
Well... what else is there to marriage beyond making women feel safe enough to have kids?

Shit what's the point to marriage anyway? People can't be in love outside of a government sanctioned contract?
>>
>>16894071
If you don't want to get married, don't. It's increasingly common for couples to stay together without getting married nowadays. I have a friend whose parents didn't get married until she was 16, for example.

Though you might want to look into whether living together as a couple might automatically deem you to be 'legally married'. If that's the case where you live, then you might want to decide to stay away from relationships in general. Of course, that would involve forgoing long term companionship.

And like >>16894047 said, you could get married but not have children.
>>
>>16894085
It's part of life's schema, that's what. Plenty of men want to get married too, it's not like they're only doing it for women. Just because some men are cynical about marriage, doesn't mean all are, plenty want it just as much, if not more, than women.
>>
>>16894090
Would you share "why" with me? Girls always point to this... I don't see men chomping at the bit to get married. I've honestly never heard a man say he wants to get married in my entire life.... I hate making "never" statements, but I'm pretty sure I have never heard a man say anything of the kind.

But women insist these men exist and you do too.... You're male right? Could you help me understand what's in it for you that you can't get outside of marriage, a la this post >>16894087
Thank you for that post 16894087; I think you're very logical.
>>
>>16893867
Paternity tests are sold at Walgreens. You only need to swap ur kid and urself. Nobody needs to know. No need to swap mom. Men are just lazy fucks crying out victims. Badoom tsk!
>>
>>16894134
I'm a girl (and also >>16894087, if it makes any difference). Men may not say that they want to get married, but they often do from what I've seen and heard from people around me. A wedding isn't as big of an affair for men, and when women say they want to get married, they're usually thinking of the wedding they're going to have, not necessarily the actual marriage part.

Men don't get as excited about weddings because they're just not as involved and it's more about the bride than the groom. Men do envision getting married, settling down, having kids etc., but because the wedding isn't as big of a deal to them, they're not really that vocal about it.

I mean, look at all the guys here who want girlfriends. Most of them want something long term with a girl, even if it isn't actual marriage, though I'll bet that the majority of them do actually want to get married.

Getting married is just what people are supposed to do in life.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.