[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So here's my problem: >18 >Close friend is 18 >Friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
So here's my problem:
>18
>Close friend is 18
>Friend had a multitude of family issues
>Family kicked him out
>Friend now lives with other friend
>They are considering kicking I'm out because he doesn't do chores, lies to them about places where he is going, and plays a ton of vidya
>Friend is in this unhealthy relationship with other girl
>He is convinced he loves her, and she is a socially awkward, insecure piece of shit who has cheated on him multiple times
>Wastes time and money to buy shit for her even though it's obvious she doesn't appreciate it
>Is unaware of the fact that he is useless to other friends family and acts like he is entitled to live there
>Doesn't really do anything to help friends family
>They plan on kicking him out next month
>The only thing he really has going for him is that he is is a relatively smart person, but even that doesn't matter because he is extremely fucking lazy
Is there anything I can do to help him, or is he just fucked? My friends don't really know what to do even though they know they know exactly what is wrong with him, but they don't want to confront him about it.
>>
uuuuuuuuuu
>>
>>16893688
bump
>>
>>16893688
Confront the shit out of him. This guy needs a wake-up call.
>>
>>16895053
The problem is that I don't know how to go about doing it. There are so many ways that it could fuck it up, and it could destroy my friendship with him as well as a few others. They don't seem to care as much about his situation as I feel like they should, and they've been friends with him much longer than I have.

Instead, they just gossip about it (which people in small towns seem to love doing instead of actually fixing shit) and talk about what he should be doing when he's not around.
>>
this bitch you talked about need a fucking beat up. seriously wanna help this bump tell him how his pathetic reality is and how fucked he will be during his whole life if there is not change
>>
let them kick him out. perhaps if he goes homeless for a while he'll learn to do shit for himself
>>
>>16895699
Not sure how telling him off will come across. I've told him multiple times why he has issues with our friend's family but it doesn't seem to be enough to get him to actually change in a meaningful way. I've also told him that he wastes too much of his time playing vidya and he always barrages with with a bunch of rhetorical questions along the lines of " Why do you care?"

He's broken up with the girl numerous times and has also gotten back together with her numerous times. Her mom hates him and doesn't want him around her, but he sort of forces himself in on their family. Recently, he bought over a hundred dollars worth of clothes from Victoria's Secret to her as a gift and she refused to take it. He's really desperate, and used to spend all of his time in class talking to her at the beginning of the school year.

Earlier today he showed me a text from our friends mother about how she wants him home at 430 to pick out an apartment. He knows he doesn't have the money for it, and I don't know how he plans to pay for it. It's 600, and I recommended that he just get an apartment at a cheaper complex so that he is able to afford it and have money to spend and he just flat-out told me that wasn't going to happen.
>>
>>16895704
So far this seems like the best option. I mentioned that my friend (I'm just gonna start calling him Mike) got kicked out of the house to my grandpa about 6 months ago when Mike's parents kicked him out, and he said that he could stay with us if it ever comes to that. However, my grandpa can barely handle having me in the house, so if Mike were to live there too and act the way he currently does it would probably give him an aneurysm.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.