[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I systematically change my life? I've been stuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
How do I systematically change my life?

I've been stuck in a cycle of constantly thinking about self-improvement, getting stuff done occasionally (a few minutes a day) and sliding into procrastination/internet addiction.

"Just do it" not helpful. I'd like to make a system for myself that will reinforce the change.
>>
quack
>>
quack quack
>>
quack quack quack quack
>>
quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack
>>
>>16893505
There is no "system", you just do different shit until you find things that work.
>watch TV/ listen to music to ease into it
>drink caffeine
>keep a planner and write everything that you need in it. whenever you know that you need to do something, write it down. if you need to call someone or go somewhere, write down their number/address down in advance so you won't have to do it later
>get organized. i keep a 3 inch binder with tabs for each class so that I can find papers easily
>when you are sitting down to work, make sure that you have everything you need around you in order to do it
>quit going on 4chan when doing work
>go to a library or other quiet place to eliminate distractions
These work for me.
>>
Do not worry I speak goose, the other users are telling you to wear something, like a watch or necklace, as a reminder to do stuff. Changing habits isn't something you can do in a single day, make a habit out of it. If you want to work out more show up to the gym once or twice a week and just chill there, make it fun. You will enjoy the habit and continue it then you work out. Need to stop wasting time on 4chan faggot? pull out work earlier, set it somewhere you will see it every 5 minutes or whatever. Start good habits, hang out with better people, constantly remind yourself.
>>
do something every day to improve yourself, doesnt matter what, but don't let a day go by where you don't do something. over time it will stack up into something substantial
>>
>>16893646

>>16893649

>>16893732
thank you quack quack
>>
File: 1457378878096.jpg (106 KB, 500x470) Image search: [Google]
1457378878096.jpg
106 KB, 500x470
Best method that works for me OP: In the moment when you are procrastinating, think about your ultimate goal, and your immediate desires.

For example, if you ultimately want to read every day, and you're stuck on 4chan, make it so that instead of your immediate desire being 4chan, and reading something you can put off until later, make them switch places. Think of you looking back after a month of book reading, and make it so your immediate desire is reading, and 4chan something you can put off until later. If you don't feel like you should be reading, you might not have wanted to read in the first place.

Keeping a notepad, I've found to be IMMENSELY useful to me, because it lets me write down all the shit that comes to my mind that I want to save for later, and plan things out. Daily planners are helpful, and in the end, you do want to cultivate a sense of discipline. It really means "just do it" at some point, but maybe you can condition yourself into it?

If you're a perfectionist like me, you might feel anxious about doing the inefficient way of discipline, but DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU. The Power of Habit might be a great read for you, if you are looking to read more. Godspeed, OP.
>>
>>16893505
first step get off 4chan you mongoloid fuckwit and go do something
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.