[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Summer Job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: map_us.gif (98 KB, 1192x763) Image search: [Google]
map_us.gif
98 KB, 1192x763
Hey /adv/ help me weigh some pros and cons.

I had the old director of my college plays call me and offer me a job. She wants me to come with her and her husband to drive the service car while he runs across America. I'd be gone from April to September while he runs to San Francisco from Delaware. I'd get to see the country. I'd have all expenses payed for me and even earn $100 a week.

However this would mean leaving my job for that time, (I work at Gamestop as a 3rd keyholder,) but more importantly I'd also be leaving my band for that time. They're my best friends, and honestly the only people I care about in my social life. (inb4 I'm not promoting the group.) We just finished our EP and are opening for a national act in May. We have several other gigs to play soon too. I'd be welcomed back undoubtedly, but the time away would be hard.

I've also had a lot of signs that maybe this would be good for me. My ex-fiance recently started dating an old acquaintance of mine, and she always talked about leaving our town. Admittedly it's been weighing on my heart lately, and I was very close to leaving initially when we separated.
It's my birthday today too, I'm 22 now, and I find it strange that I'd receive that call on the eve of it. When I first tried out for the play that they were directing I didn't want to do it because it was out of my comfort zone, but I did it, and I really enjoyed it. Now I face this and wonder if leaving for a while might not be so bad. Also, here lately I've been on this kick saying "When faced with a decision: go with the one that will give you the best story to tell." This is a pretty good story to go back and tell.

I'm torn. What do you guys think?
>>
100buxa week is dogshit dude. Also kinds sounds like you'll be "working" all day since you can't leave the car basically? Idk might be a cool experience to see the country but you better think about that at the reward and not the cash.
>>
>>16890171
You'd meet some cool people and maybe get laid, the band might replace you and it wouldn't be fair to kick the new guy out unless you specifically make sure they look for a replacement temporarily.

Think about all the lonely nights in cheap motels though. Maybe even just in the car? or sharing a room?
>>
It wouldn't be for money by any means. This couple are in their 60's, so more than likely they'll be taking care of themselves pretty well. My main job would be to drive. I'll rest when they rest, and eat when they eat. I don't see them not taking care of themselves.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.