[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could you date/marry a girl with the same name as your mom?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1455160440213.jpg (24 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1455160440213.jpg
24 KB, 256x256
Could you date/marry a girl with the same name as your mom?

I'm interested in a girl who has the same name as my mom and I'm trying to figure out how big of a deal it could end up being.

I usually call my mom mom or a shortened version of her name, but I still think I associate the long version with my mom.

I don't know... It seems like such a silly reason to not date someone or give someone a chance. If anything develops between us I'll probably need to start calling her by her middle name or a nickname.
>>
It would definitely be weird. I remember pursuing some chick when I had the same first name as her shitty ex. I could tell it made her uncomfortable.
>>
I'm not sure why that would be weird. Are names the only thing you define people by?
>>
You're weird OP.
>>
>>16874585
Yes, that would be a definite dealbreaker.

Also, Tom Servo is best robot.
>>
>>16874628
How so
>>
>>16874585
OMFG - Yes!

I'm totally in that situation. It's... a little weird... but I'm dealing with it.
>>
>>16874639
>I'm trying to figure out how big of a deal it could end up being.
bruh...
>>
It weirds me out too, I'm always a little hesitant to swipe on tinder or whatever when a girl has the same name as my mom.

Here's another one, by the way. Would you fuck a girl (or guy) with the same name as you?
>>
>>16874611
No, it'd just be weird to say my mom's name while having sex or doing pretty anything sexual.

Luckily the girl has very different from my mom.
>>
>>16874643
Have you told the girl yet?
>>
My husband's sister and I have sort of the same name. Mine's Megan (meh-gan), hers is Meagann (may-gann). I don't think either of us ever gave a shit. He just refers to me as "babe" most of the time anyway.

You call your mom Mom and you'll probably call your gf by pet names. Don't look too far into it.
>>
>>16874799
I would but I like my name. It doesn't sound too effeminate or masculine so you could make it work.
>>
my mom has the same name as my dads sister
its fine lol
>>
>>16874585
Pic related

>>16874799
>>16875962
>not having a clearly masculine/feminine name

:/
>>
>>16874585
Yes, it would be weird. I would hope the girl has enough nicknames top choose from that aren't my mom's. (She probably would.) Barring that, your suggestion of the middle name works...but only if the girl likes her middle name. Maybe come up with a unique pet name?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.