[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I posted this a few days ago. I tried turned into a parking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (2 MB, 3500x4194) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 3500x4194
So I posted this a few days ago. I tried turned into a parking lot on my left and some dumb bitch passed me as I did it and ruined my car. There were 3 people at the scene who didn't even look at me and got mad at me because I yelled what the fuck. They all sided with the girl that hit me and they all collectively lied to the cops and say I had my right signal on and was pulling off to the right and there wasn't even enough room for me to pull off to the right there was snow and a guard rail everywhere.

The insurance won't cover it now and I have a ticket is there any way in fuck I can fix this or am I fucked because everyone lied?
>>
>>16861410
Yes, I'm sure all of these total strangers lied to ruin your life. That's much more likely than you having made the mistake, right?

It sounds like you caused the accident, you're fucked.
>>
>>16861410

Draw a rough diagram of this accident, I'm not quite sure what happened

Was it a two-lane road? You're saying she was driving behind you, you put on your left turn signal, and she tried to pass you on the left while you were turning?
>>
>>16861424
No they all got mad at me for yelling and called the cops and told me they were going to be witnesses against me and they didn't see shit

Also why would I be pulling off to the right and when there's a giant parking lot on my left? I've been driving every day for 8 years and never came close to an accident

>>16861432
Yeah it was 2 lanes and I pulled halfway into the other lane to turn. As soon as I got into the left lane out of the corner of my eye j saw a truck racing by me and it completely smashed my bumper
>>
>>16861448

So the truck was driving behind you, or it was going in the opposite direction as you?
>>
>>16861457
It was behind me and yes they tried passing me with my left signal on and then everyone lied and said I was signaled right and pulling off to the side.

Why the actual fuck would I swerve right and then just rip left across 2 lanes without so much as looking though? That makes literally no sense I've never done stupid shit like that
>>
>>16861462

I'm not saying you did, I'm just trying to get a clear picture of what happened

So she was following you, you slowed down to make a turn, and she tried to race past you while you were turning? And you're sure you put your signal on?

What kind of parking lot is it? If it's a store or something, there's a good chance there are security cameras that might've recorded the accident
>>
>>16861474
It was a lake kind of parking lot thing it looked more like a rest stop and I was pulling in to make a phone call idk how far the car was behind me but I signaled left then slowed down then pulled left and my car was at like a 60 degree angle over the yellow line where it got hit
>>
Make a drawing. Because I'm not seeing what you're trying to describe here. As in, how many lanes were there, which lane were you in, where was the car that hit you coming from, etc. And where those witnesses were.
>>
>>16861485
2 lanes I was in between both lanes while hit and the witnesses were in the parking lot and they were towing a large truck in the opposite direction so they weren't even looking at us or the accident until after it happened

I was in the left lane and before I could even finish turning into the parking lot my bumper was across the road
>>
>>16861410
Or, I know this is a long shot here, you're actually full of shit and what everyone else said is true?
>>
>>16861483

Only thing you can do at this point is take it to court, if it's worth it.

I'd suggest going back to the parking lot and looking to see if there are cameras. Even if not, though, the damage on your car will support your story more than hers, and if the eyewitnesses don't REALLY get their stories straight, it shouldn't be too hard to pic their testimonies apart and prove that they couldn't/didn't actually see the accident.

There's also a good chance that they're willing to lie in the moment to "defend a woman's honor," but they won't actually be stupid enough to commit perjury in court over such a small, stupid thing.
>>
>>16861492

Okay here's a good question: Is it a double-yellow-line road, at that point? Would it be legal for her to shift into the left lane to pass you, even if you didn't put your signal on to make a turn?

Passing on the left on a two-lane road at a high speed is already risky, aggressive driving, so it doesn't look great for her even if her story were true
>>
>>16861499
It was a passing lane

And to everyone else yes I came to an anonymous image board to lie
>>
>>16861519
Where did she hit you? In your rear bumber? In your side door? You said you were at a 60 degree angle?
>>
>>16861548
Front bumper close to the driver door
>>
>>16861519
So you're telling me that every witness decided to lie to the police officer because you cursed? They would falsify a statement just because you said 'what the fuck' after an accident?

Your insurance company will probably think you're full of shit as well.
>>
>>16861563

You really think people wouldn't do this? Shit like this happens all the time. People see a man yelling at a woman, and suddenly facts and truth don't matter anymore
>>
>>16861571
Well it sounds like your entire case boils down to "B-but people lied because I lashed out like a dumb redneck!"

I'm sure that will convince any court of insurer.
>>
How come you didn't see that car coming from behind? Not trying to make accusations or anything. Just saying that unless the speed difference between you two was huge, you should easily have spotted her coming from behind. That's when you don't want to change lanes, signal or not.
>>
>>16861580

I'm not OP, and if OP is telling the truth, the whole case boils down to an act of reckless driving by the other person. It has very little to do with OP's choice of words after he got hit.
Yelling "what the fuck?" is not a crime. Trying to zoom past someone while they're making a turn is. If it'd been half a second later, if he'd been a tiny bit further into his turn, she could've hit the driver door and easily killed him. Maybe herself, too.

So what the fuck are you on about? What is your argument here? Politeness is more important than careful driving? Likability and popularity should override truth and law?
>>
>>16861582

No lane change. It was a left turn off a two-lane road. Meaning that the other driver was directly behind him, and SHE swerved into the oncoming-traffic lane to pass him, rather than slowing down and waiting a few seconds for him to make the turn like every responsible driver does.

So even if he saw her in the rearview, he couldn't have predicted that she'd try to zoom past instead of slowing down.

It's basically like if OP went through a green light, another driver ran a red light and crashed into him, and you said "but you should've slowed down at the green light, to see if there was any oncoming traffic that wouldn't stop at the red light"
>>
>>16861596
You must be a little bit slow. The point is, even if what he's saying is true about them lying, he doesn't have a case. He has the ticket. He was deemed at fault. Unless those people decide to admit their statements were false, he's on the hook.
Nobody said anything about politeness being more important than driving carefully. The point is maybe if he didn't act like a manchild they wouldn't have had a motive to lie in the first place.

Oh, and anybody with a brain would think OP is full of shit given the circumstance. No insurance company or court is just going to take your word that EVERY other party involved is lying.
>>
>>16861604
Why are you suddenly filling in all sorts of details that OP hasn't mentioned at all? I still got the impression that there were two lanes going in that direction, and OP went from the right to the left lane, the other car having already been in the left lane.
>>
>>16861611

I suggested several posts ago that he should just take it to court. If he's telling the truth, it's unlikely that these people will lie in court and commit perjury over such a petty matter. If they're lying, it should also be quite easy to demonstrate, through questioning, that they couldn't have actually seen the accident take place.

He's definitely got a case. The damage on the car backs up his story, if security footage exists, it'll back up his story. These people aren't professional liars, and a half-decent lawyer can easily break shit like this down to the facts and expose the lies.

They don't have to just "take his word." He can argue the case and prove himself.
>>
>>16861617

He said multiple times it was a two-lane road. What you're describing would be a three or four-lane road

If you're right, and he was trying to make a left from the furthest lane to the right and cutting her off in the center lane, it'd be a completely different story. But that isn't what happened, I don't think
>>
>>16861630
That's why everyone is asking OP to draw the situation so there's nothing unclear about it. As it is, OP is still not telling all the details, and that's why we're all arguing this.
>>
Are you sure you don't just suck at driving?

>Yeah it was 2 lanes and I pulled halfway into the other lane to turn. As soon as I got into the left lane out of the corner of my eye j saw a truck racing by me and it completely smashed my bumper
Sounds like you really do suck at driving. Did you even check your mirrors and blindspot before moving into the other lane?
>>
>>16861619
this.

But really OP, this is a great lesson in "reasons not to be an asshole". Assuming your story is in fact true, you were able to get three complete strangers who JUST witnessed you getting into an accident that was not your fault to LIE TO THE POLICE to protect the party at fault.

I can only assume you're massively under-representing the "yelling" you did to this poor woman.

That being said, a good lawyer should be able to help clear this up, but you might get ordered to anger management classes by the judge if they buy the story.
>>
>>16861410

wait a second, you were turning left, but she tried passing you and hit you, on the left?

Something about your story doesn't add up.
>>
>>16861619
You're an idiot. They already broke the law in lying to the cop, All they have to say is that he didn't signal, or signaled incorrectly, or whatever the hell they said the first time.

The fact that you think security footage exists in a lake parking lot also signals to me that you're a little daft. The damage on his car doesn't back up his story any more than it does theirs.

To be honest though, I support OP trying to go to court. Would be funny to see him yell 'what the fuck' at the judge when they don't side with him and he's wasted even more time and money.
>>
>>16861483
You're an absolute fuckwit and absolutely at fault if you didn't check your blind spot before turning.
>>
>>16861673
I don't think you understand. He's been driving every day for 8 years! He's an excellent driver.
>>
>>16861680
Oh goodness, my mistake. He can't possibly have been at fault then.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.