[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it bad to keep your wealth a secret from girls you are dating?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1453153408760.gif (985 KB, 500x211) Image search: [Google]
1453153408760.gif
985 KB, 500x211
Is it bad to keep your wealth a secret from girls you are dating?
>>
>>16859291

why would it be?
>>
>>16859291
Not at all
>>
>>16859291
>I wonder how well-off he is

>pull up in a 95 Jeep Cherokee with corroded paint
>>
>>16859291

No. You'd be stupid not to. That's a conversation that doesn't need to happen unless you're seriously discussing/considering marriage. Until then your finances are your own business.

It'd be bad if you were creating elaborate lies to hide your wealth, so don't overdo it. Just tactfully avoid the subject
>>
>>16859291
Not at all. You should keep your finances separate anyway, until you're comfortable with each other. It wasn't until after 11 years that my husband and I decided to get a joint account. Just didn't see a reason to, up until that point.

But back to the topic at hand. If you're just looking for sex, then flaunt it. But if you're looking for someone worthwhile, you'll have an easier time distinguishing who's serious about you and who isn't if they're kept in the dark for a while.
>>
my boyfriend knows what my job is and i know what his job is but he doesn't know how much i make and vice versa. we've never been in a situation where it mattered. unless you two are planning something big together or your relationship is getting serious, finances don't really need to be discussed
>>
>>16859389
Don't you discuss a little bit for bills and shit?
>>
>>16859291
Yes and no. It depends on what level of wealth you're talking about.

If you've got more than 6 figures, it's best not to bring it up in conversation. If you've got less than that, then you may want to talk about it. Just make sure you have a job to go along with all that cash, otherwise you're going to scream trust fund baby
>>
>>16859291
Not if you're poor.
If you're rich, it actually increases the chances of having said girl wanting to stay with you.
>>
>>16859291
>Will I instantly get pussy if I brag about the rollex I bought on credit?
You should totally show off, you'll end up with the best of breed of the female race.
>>
>>16859309
my parents literally have a 95 jeep cherokee lying around that they drive sometimes lol

they're upper middle class
>>
>>16859291
Nope, it is actually the thing you must do. Goldiggers everywhere.
>>
I wouldn't actively keep it a secret, but I wouldn't bring it up until you already know you're serious about each other.

Finding out someone I was dating was taking steps beyond simply not mentioning something to keep it secret from me, even if it ended up being good news, would set off alarm bells for me.

Personally I have a distaste for secrecy in a relationship and absolutely fucking hate liars in all contexts.
>>
>>16859389
Same here. This would only matternif we get married and need to do taxes together. I have NO clue how much he makes. I know it can't be minimum wage (he's an engineer) but i know he has similar spending habits as i do and he also rather spends his paycheck on traveling than on a fancy car. I really like that.
>>
>>16859291

Display your wealth, dont talk about it

Showing girls your nice clothes, watch, car/motorcycle, lifestyle: Good

Telling girls how much you make: Bad

A clueless woman, is a happy woman. Feed them hints but never draw back the curtain
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.