[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey adv. How can I make the world a monumentally better place?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 10
File: Fuck you I do what I want.jpg (49 KB, 480x316) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you I do what I want.jpg
49 KB, 480x316
Hey adv.

How can I make the world a monumentally better place?

In all seriousness. Not trolling or joking.
>>
>>16803796
Why? They don't deserve it
>>
>>16803800
For a legacy. OP is scared of being forgotten.
>>
File: i posess a yume.jpg (81 KB, 600x977) Image search: [Google]
i posess a yume.jpg
81 KB, 600x977
>>16803800

Not everyone is bad and has to suffer in a world full of shit like the one we live in.
>>
>>16803796
You can't. You're so fucking tiny and insignificant.
>>
>>16803814
http://htwins.net/scale2/

The Scale of the Universe; you may as well be an electron
>>
File: Okay.gif (2 MB, 540x303) Image search: [Google]
Okay.gif
2 MB, 540x303
>>16803814

I live in a society where i can obtain, master and universally increase the horizons of any skill i choose to.

All that is needed is desire and effort.

Thus i dont see the point you are trying to make with that statement.
>>
File: 1446213660617.jpg (23 KB, 381x390) Image search: [Google]
1446213660617.jpg
23 KB, 381x390
Depends on what you want to do. You can accomplish quite a bit, but you have to do it "RIGHT."
I watch a youtuber who wanted to protect children (and really anyone) from being abused in the same manner that he was as a child. He became a cop, and was also in the military for a time. He's shot some very, very bad people, and he's saved lives. The world is a happier place because of what he did with his time, even if it was a small change in the grand scheme of things.

What is it that you think needs to change or grow?
>>
>>16803800
>>16803810
Constructive!

>>16803814
>>16803821
He obviously meant the world as humanity currently perceives it, within our atmosphere.
>>
File: disgusting.png (301 KB, 500x512) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.png
301 KB, 500x512
Guys seriously.

Why is everybody so pessimistic?

Fuck all that negativity and nihilism in general.

For fucks sake. I really want to improve my own life and everybody elses. Now if someone could help me out with an idea where to get started id appreciate the fuck out of it.
>>
File: expert on this topic spanish.png (204 KB, 923x564) Image search: [Google]
expert on this topic spanish.png
204 KB, 923x564
>>16803830

Science should advance greatly and we should adopt a generally more humanistic and meritocratic ideology than the ones we have today.

Its just a general idea I guess.
>>
1. Figure out a surefire way to get a GF while being a total autist and an extremely boring person

2. Post it on /adv/

3. Improve the lives of millions of autist NEETs around the world
>>
>>16803843
I'd say Elon Musk and his camp are doing something on the scale you speak of. They're really focused on the future of our environment and space exploration. Maybe start by looking up to people like him?
>>
File: elf sickened.jpg (79 KB, 398x724) Image search: [Google]
elf sickened.jpg
79 KB, 398x724
>>16803855

Isnt the answer to that rather simple.

Find something to truly be passionate about. Something you enjoy, other than anime/videogames and git gud at it. Also somehow meet girls irl.

That usually helps.

Cant get wenches when you dont see them ever.
>>
>>16803843
You can build me a 1:1 scale sex bot in the image of Holo from Spice and Wolf that will serve me without question

>>16803854
>should

How to spot someone with an illogical mind 101
>>
File: Fallout devil.jpg (55 KB, 264x272) Image search: [Google]
Fallout devil.jpg
55 KB, 264x272
>>16803859

Thanks il check out the info that name provides.
>>
>>16803796

Contribute immensely to science.
>>
File: Pimps exercising.gif (2 MB, 250x380) Image search: [Google]
Pimps exercising.gif
2 MB, 250x380
>>16803866

Okay *has to*. Better?

Also I never claimed I wasnt illogical. I mean jesus look where I am at this late hour.
>>
>>16803854
>Science should advance greatly
If you're up to it, get a physics PhD.
If you're not, business degree and focus on tech-based ventures.
That's about the extent of it. I guess you could also just contribute to the "spread" of technology by getting a BS in something like computer science or engineering.
>we should adopt a generally more humanistic and meritocratic ideology than the ones we have today.
Well now you're just talking less about changing the world and more about changing people's minds.
Only thing to be done for that is talking to them.
>>
>>16803884
No its not

You'll never be able to help anyone but yourself with that attitude
>>
>>16803796
You might be interested in effective altruism!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effective_altruism
>>
File: 6d2.jpg (50 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
6d2.jpg
50 KB, 576x576
>>16803843
> Now if someone could help me out with an idea where to get started id appreciate the fuck out of it.
Learn carpentry.
>>
>>16803796
When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world.

I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation.
When I found I couldn't change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn't change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family.

Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.