[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unsatisfied with my social life, and I'm starting to wonder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
Unsatisfied with my social life, and I'm starting to wonder if me not using social media has anything to do with it.

I have a few good friends from work I go out with, and they are very active on facebook/snapchat. They meet a lot of people/potential love interests.

On the other hand, I've never had a Snapchat, and I'm pretty inactive on facebook (barely post, and just a few pictures). I'll meet some people IRL, and we'll get along pretty good, but from that point on more often than not we never speak again.

It felt to me like Snapchat/Facebook was mostly stupid shit like someone showing himself doing homework and sipping a cup of coffee, but the more I look at them use it the more it seems like a form of bonding when they receive a message or a picture from someone. They interact, and they feel much closer than if they only talked in person.

I'm kind of over-analyzing this, just wondering what /adv/ thinks of social media, and if I should put some effort into maintaining my profile and being a bit more active in trying to converse with others online.
>>
just be more active on fb, i use it to IM people and see upcoming events/parties
snapchat is narcisim central and pretty fucking useless
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.