[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Becoming a deputy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: sheriff.jpg (42 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
sheriff.jpg
42 KB, 570x300
Alright guys, here's the ordeal.

>19 years old
>Still living with parents
>Going to community college
>I fucking hate school and hate spending time there.
>Can't do shit about because parents want me to be "Something" in life
>I have a hard time with classes, this is my second semester and I'm already falling behind one class
>I want to quit
>I work at a Menards in the electrical department in Illinois
>Turns out my family wants to move to Florida, to some suburb near miami.

So, I've always heard that becoming a deputy is simple and you don't need any college education.

So, here are my questions, and I really need the answers and all the info I can get. I tried googling shit, but the results always comeback to businesses and office jobs. I prefer doing hard-work for a decent wage and I don't mind it. I actually enjoy it. But school is a torture especially when I work over 50 hours a week.

1. Is it as simple as to go inside a county police department and ask about wanting to be a deputy or police officer? The training, and the exams are the least of my worries. I'm really interested if they'll place me in training to see if I can pass it through.

2. Is college needed to the point that you won't get the job if you do not have at least an associates?

3. After a specific amount of time, could one transfer to the city police department?

4. Will I actually be doing field work?
>>
bumping for hope
>>
shit cmon guys
>>
I shot the sherrif
>>
>>16784622
This is a slow board stop bumping sage
>>
>>16784545
How bout tell your parents to go fuck them selves and just go into hvac or some shit. It pays like 15 dollars and hour
>>
Join the marines or somethin, that's what I'd do
>>
>>16784630
HVAC? what's that?

>>16784642
I'd try but not hardcore enough man
>>
>>16784650
Heating, ventilation and air conditioning. It's needed literally everywhere.
>>
Go to a police dept and say

Hello, i would like to know more about this dept and im considering having a career here in the forces.

They will explain you what you have to do then, ask for exams dates, prequisites, tests, etc.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.