[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Attacks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: DEPRESSION.jpg (125 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
DEPRESSION.jpg
125 KB, 2000x1000
Hey I need help I've been recently getting panic attacks alot with my anxiety and I'm 99% sure I have depression also I've been having thoughts of suicide for the past 2 or 3 weeks I don't know what to do because I don't want my family thinking that I'm crazy or just I'm having a "phase" please help
>>
>>16778427
I've also stopped eating the way I used to and when I do eat I feel sick sometimes and no matter how much I sleep I'm still tired
>>
>>16778427
Talk to your doctor. He might suggest a therapist. Hell, it might even be physical. Bad nutrition can cause depression.
>>
>>16778440
I dont want to talk to a doctor people will think I'm crazy if I get a therapist
>>
>>16778444
Talk to your parents or go on a helpline and disguise yourself
>>
>>16778444
So, you're
>Help me
>I don't want help
Son, you'll have to make a decision. Do you want to be helped or not?

>people will think I'm crazy if I get a therapist
Depressed people are crazy? People with anxiety are crazy? People with underlying physical issues that screw with their brain chemistry are crazy?
>>
>>16778427
What came first?
Bad/appetite and tiredness or the depressed feeling?

Are you male/female?
If female, are you using oral contraceptives?

Get your blood checked, because tiredness and lack of appetite can definitely point to a non-psychological problem like pfeiffer or anemia.
>>
>>16778458
I'm a guy and I noticed the anxiety about 4 years ago and the tiredness was first I think and the suicidal thoughts were mostly my whole childhood
>>
>>16778453
Therapy isn't the only form of help, and it can be detrimental to some people. Gtfo with your therapist circlejerk.

There are books that can help, OP. Psychiatrists have started recommending them for depression. David D. Burns - feeling good- the new mood therapy is one and it's available on torrent sites. There was a recent discussion on the books subreddit (it's the second top post) where prescriptions of books for depressed people are being discussed, and they're talking about specific books in the comments. Good luck.
>>
>>16778485
I've also had uncontrolled anger at the little things that wouldn't piss most people off and I get un wanted thoughts
>>
>>16778487
I'll check it out
>>
>>16778487
And how are books gonna help him if some underlying physical issue is causing a mess in his brain chemistry, mr smartass. I told him to talk to his doctor, which you would notice if you followed through the whole conversation between us before sperging out.

>Gtfo with your therapist circlejerk.
GTFO with your inability to follow through with reading the whole conversation before sperging out. Faggot.
>>
>>16778508
I read your whole conversation, you just suggested therapy or "professionals" and when he said he wasn't interested, you're the one who sperged out. "Do you want to be helped or not?" - implying that therapy/doctors are the only way of help. He said he didn't want to talk to a therapist or doctor and you acted like he was rejecting ALL help.

Antidepressants are essentially as effective as placebos and we have no idea how medicine works. Books can teach you how to manage the physical aspects such as eating better, thinking better, working out. Get over yourself.
>>
But you have problems, it my be crazy or dead, your choice. Better just seek help if it's serous. Go to psychologist, if this is some brain shit then he will make you go to the psychiatrist, some chemistry might be prescribed.

Or just go straight to psychiatrist.
>>
Fellow anon who has been working on years of generalized anxiety disorder, depression, and panic disorder.

No one is going to think you're crazy for seeing a therapist. If worse comes to worse, there's even counseling with 100% confidentiality through online offered through tons of employers/unions (EAP/EFAP).

Seeking help is the first step, but you have to want to actually help yourself. No one else can get you to do it. We can only show you the way.

Get yourself some SSRIs and look into getting benzodiazepines. Only take the benzos when you desperately need them however, because they can lead to addiction, your body becomes resistant to them quickly, and your body will go through horrible withdrawal symptoms if you don't slowly ween off them. They're good for short term use, rather than long term.

But medication is only a bandage. It'll help mellow symptoms, but it won't remove them. CBT and other forms of therapy (whichever you find works for you) will be the key. Other things you can do in the mean time is do a lot of deep breathing from your diaphragm, eat healthy, and get some form of exercise (even walking half an hour a day helps me out a lot).

Best of luck. We're all in this shit together.
>>
Big pharma shill is big pharma shill.
100% sure because I know who posted this.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.