[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 24, male. I have trust issues. I've never asked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: 1447518201743.jpg (183 KB, 800x1631) Image search: [Google]
1447518201743.jpg
183 KB, 800x1631
I'm 24, male. I have trust issues.
I've never asked a girl out, but I've been asked out several times. I've declined most. I had a "relationship" that lasted a month before I broke it off. It's not just girls either, I generally have trouble trusting anybody. Relatives, friends (whatever's left of them), any strangers I just happen to meet. It's not like I'm always thinking everybody is out to get me, it's definitely not that. I just don't feel like people are being genuine with me. I'm too cynical.

Is there a way to fix this or at least make it less socially destructive?
>>
File: Chagall_Bella.jpg (52 KB, 392x799) Image search: [Google]
Chagall_Bella.jpg
52 KB, 392x799
What exactly will they get from you?
>>
>>16777643
My trust.
>>
>>16777608
Even if you don't trust people you can still interact with them.. If you expect them to break your trust when they actually prove you wrong you'll begin to build up trust with them.
>>
Well what I found to be helpfull is to try and find friends that are similar to you.
I for one dont like being all BFF and shit as I always found it "fake".
Then I got friends with wich it took some time to trust eachother but after a while we simply learned what the other is like. Truly like, with all the flaws and quirks and shit. Then if both parties decide they like eachother despite all the shit you become friends. You know what they think and how they'll react in every situation. This is for me the first step to trust. You gotta know who you're dealing with.
For example I know my friend will rat me out if I molest a child, but won't if I steal a car.
Am I making any sense?
What I mean is.. Get to know them. Like really know them, stick with them through the good and bad, and if you're lucky and they do the same, you have a friend you can trust.
>>
So you come to the internet to ask for help when you should away go with your first instinct never trust them hoes fuckem and leave em that's my motto and I'm sticking to it
>>
File: 1439444149004.jpg (88 KB, 500x552) Image search: [Google]
1439444149004.jpg
88 KB, 500x552
>>16777664
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.