[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suicide Advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: browning.jpg (100 KB, 938x524) Image search: [Google]
browning.jpg
100 KB, 938x524
I have a Browning Challenger 22lr pistol. Is this enough to penetrate my skull (either penetrating up from my mouth or from the side through my temple)? I've read stories about people dying from 22lr rounds, but also people trying to commit suicide and failing even after several shots.

So do y'all think a 22lr round from a pistol is enough for suicide?
>>
Why do you want to commit suicide, OP?

Seriously, if you're not terminally ill you may as well get psychiatric help instead.
>>
>>16773119

Because I've gotten rejected from each college I've applied to so far, even my safeties and where my father and brother went. I realize know that I'm not as smart or useful as I thought I was so I won't be able to complete anything when I'm older.
>>
Fuck you for not being considerate to those who are around you.
>>
>>16773116
Overdose on a drug, much funner way to go than shooting yourself.
>>
>>16773130
Go to community college, jeez. Most of them are open admission. Most universities do not give fucks about your high school GPA if you make really good grades in community college.

Most CCs in the US are set up for transfers to a full university after 2 years. And it's cheap as fuck compared to university, too.
>>
>>16773130
Bruh, just go to community college. Start studying and applying yourself, and maybe after two years of hard work you can transfer to a reputable University.

Also a .22 is a terrible gun to headshot with. The bullet won't go through, it'll just bounce around after it enters your skull and cause you an incredible amount of pain. It might not even kill you and just leave you brain dead.
>>
>>16773138
>>16773144
>>16773144

The problem is no matter how hard I try, I'm never good enough. I only get about 2 to 4 hours of sleep because of school and rowing. My friends who got significantly worse grade and SAT/ACT scores than I got accepted into the same colleges I was rejected from.
>>
>>16773132
Fuck you for wanting a person to stay in pain for the rest of their lives because you don't want to be sad.
>>
>>16773171
holy crap, get more sleep, that shit can get you brain damage.

And perhaps see a therapist, because you have serious issues if your first response to not getting into university is suicide.

How to find a mental health provider: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/mental-illness/in-depth/mental-health-providers/art-20045530
How to find a therapist: http://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/guide/how-to-find-therapist
Depression overview: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/depression/basics/definition/con-20032977
>>
I know it may seen important now, but with time you will see that life has a lot more to give. In the future, you will be glad you did not do it. If things are unbearable, seek help; move to another country; do a trip to other places; meet new people. Life can be extremely pleasurable if you find your reason to live. There are so many things you have not tried yet! There is always a way out, always a way to change the table. I am sure - i garantee - you will find something in life that makes it worth living. Do not give up now! I promise you it will get better if you try.
>>
>>16773116
I've been where you are before OP. I know what it feels like to feel like you'll never do anything useful. It's.... It's not you saying that about yourself. It's the current circumstances. It's the sadness. Whether or not your life gets happier or sadder it's still life. The only chance you have ever. Forever. Non-existence is incomprehensible, and painless yes, but Life is a wonderful thing. I know it's hard, but if you think about it isn't this just taking the easy way out? I don't know you, but I believe you can do something. Honestly the first step for you is only slightly different. Just go to community college man. Just. Don't ever kill yourself. There are people that care about you, and you owe it to yourself. I don't know you, but I wish I did. Please. Just don't do that man.
>>
>>16773144
>Also a .22 is a terrible gun to headshot with.

This, OP.

I'm not going to give you another "don't do it, just change things, etc." type of response because you've gotten plenty of those already.

I WILL offer you some practical short-term advice: do NOT shoot yourself with a .22lr round.

It CAN kill you, but of all of the calibers to shoot yourself with, .22lr is one of the worst.

.22lr guns are for shooting targets and rodents. If you shoot yourself in the head with it there is a considerable chance that you will just mutilate yourself or become a vegetable.
>>
>>16773116
If they are pressuring you actively, tell them about it
They would prefer to have a son who cant find a college, than having a corpse and some memories about him/ her
>>
>>16773144
>The bullet won't go through, it'll just bounce around after it enters your skull

That's a myth.
>>
>>16773137
With how available heroin in these days heroin OD is a cheap not awful way to go. They are cutting their shit with fentanyl which is killing addicts.

2 stamp bags and a good vein are all you need to become room temp.
>>
>>16773116
no.
>>
>>16773132
OP is being considerate. He is not endangering others by run into a car, or something reckless like that.

>>16773130
> I realize know that I'm not as smart or useful as I thought
> know
Yep, irredeemable. Off yourself.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.