[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My biological dad wants to meet me. My mom had me when she was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: 1454611390791.jpg (113 KB, 590x962) Image search: [Google]
1454611390791.jpg
113 KB, 590x962
My biological dad wants to meet me. My mom had me when she was 15 and he didn't want to be a father at the time so he left. He reached out to me and wants to get to know me now.

Should I meet with him?
>>
>>16772043
Well, what do you think?
>>
>>16772043
Meet with him, that's your dad yo.

But first punch him in the fucking dick for being a deadbeat asshole.
>>
I would meet him just to call him a dumb faggot.

If you have no desire to you can simply say you're not interested, and that's the end of that.
>>
>>16772072
>>16772065
What a bunch of heartless assholes
>>16772043
Meet him idiot
>>
You don't owe anything to people who have never treated you right. I wouldn't because this guy had 15+ years to get in contact but he didn't bother.

But OP do what you want.
>>
>>16772076
Shut the fuck up, he wasn't there for OP. Why should OP give any respect to him at all? He's literally nobody
>>
>>16772091
He's their dad, kid.
>>
>>16772043
>Should I meet with him?
This is an answer that has to come from you. On the one hand, he doubtless hurt your mother terribly, and, less directly, you as well. That;s not meaningless. But people DO change over time, and the possibility that he's a better person now cannot be ruled out unless you meet him.

My suggestion, lacking any othwr information, would be to meet him, but do it in a public place with lots of people around. Then decide.
>>
hey op dad here, didn't know you posted on mongolian fishing forums. I don't really want to meet anymore.
>>
>>16772091
Graduate highschool, lose the edge
>>
My dad left us when I was born too. My mom lied to him and said she was on birth control when she wasn't so he left the country to not give her the satisfaction of child support.

I don't blame my dad at all, I would have done the same. He's totally my friend now, helps me out when I need it. He just refused to be forced into something that he didn't ask for.
>>
>>16772043
You do you man.

I'd say, go meet him and just talk a bit. But don't let him worm into your life or try to make it up to you. That shit is just going to hurt you and your mother even worse.
>>
>>16772043
Woah woah woah! Hold the phone, we don't even know the situation between the alleged parents, cause all I know is, bitches be crazy
>>
>>16772043
should meet him. i assume he was young when he had you which therefore suggests he wants ready to look after a child. he has most likely grown up and changed a lot, at least give him a chance.
>>
>>16772116
>don't let him be nice to you
Genius
>>
There's never a good reason for a teenage to have a kid when abortion exists. His mom was just a dumb ass trying to drag him down.
>>
>>16772123
Double kek
>>
>>16772122
wasn't* sorry typo
>>
>>16772125
yeah, good point. it was most likely a complete accident (sorry op) and the mother refused to have an abortion. i have a few women who have done this. bitches be cray cray
>>
>>16772110
>>16772095
What's edgy is not raising your own child, all he did was pump sperm into OPs mom. OP doesn't have to meet him if he/she doesn't want to.
>>
>>16772061
I don't know. I'm not very enthusiastic about it but I'm a little curious.
>>
>>16772136
He should 100% meet him, stop projecting
>>
>>16772136
not really. you dont really know the situation. most teens wouldn't be willing to look after a kid. the mum could of had an abortion. obviously they should of took more precautions in regards to the sex but mistakes happen. he clearly wasn't to look after a child. should he of still taken care of it? probably but when you're a young teen its not that simple.
>>
Your father was probably very young when you were born as well. People in their teens and early twenties are still kids with their future ahead of them.

Meet him, you've got a lot to gain but not much to lose.
>>
Dude, meet him. Obviously you're anxious but you've got nothing to lose.
>>
>Meet him
>Tell him what you think
>Hear him out
>Ask him to prove to that he's a man and is ready to be a dad
>See what happens from there

Of course, I don't blame you if you say "gtfo anon, you fagot". It is entirely up to you.
>>
>>16772139
Where there is your answer. Go meet him but don't feel the the need to immediately embrace the man into your life.
>>
>>16772125
Yeah, there's no reason to have a kid when you can just kill it. Honestly if other people realized this, overpopulation wouldn't be a problem. We could just kill the children in the overpopulated areas of the world in huge numbers.
>>
Are you a boy or girl OP?
>>
>>16772698
Girl.
>>
>>16772779
Be careful not to fall in love with your dad.
>>
>>16772779
Does he know that?
>>
No. Fuck him.
>>
>>16772863
Yes he's very aware of it.
>>
>>16772043
If he starts asking for money FUCKING RUN. Family that disappear for years and then suddenly show up again can't be trusted, so when those red flags in your brain pop up, listen to em.
>>
>>16772921
Then he prob just wants to fuck
>>
This is an opportunity, OP.

Make this an opportunity cost: the loss of other alternatives when one alternative is chosen.

When you meet him, what will you lose? Maybe you'll make a new friend.

Regrads,
Anon who'll probaby go fishing with his dad tomorrow.
>>
Gonna be honest, anon. As someone who has had a shaky relationship with both parents, sometimes it's better to let things break apart than holding them together for the sake of moral superiority.

If your father wasn't ready to raise a child, perhaps it was better he wasn't around rather than creating tension in the family, down the line. At least that way, hypothetically, you had a loving and stable relationship with your mother, rather than one hampered by arguments and spats.

Meet your father and give him a chance, even if he didn't want to be a dad (some people simply struggle with parenting, it isn't in them), there's a chance he still cares about you. Just keep an open mind, if he tries to screw you over or mess with you, don't hesitate to cut him out, some people are genuine cunts but at least give him the opportunity to speak his story.

Good luck though, anon, shit like this is never simple. There isn't any direct guides or clear cut answers to resolving family issues. You just have to keep an open mind and exercise your judgement carefully.
>>
>>16772043
just because he's your biological father doesn't make you indebted to meet him.

if you want to meet him, you make the decision. just remember that a lot of people like this left your life for a reason, but you'll never know his reasoning unless you meet him. you don't have to stay in contact afterwards if you don't want to. also make sure to meet up somewhere where there are other people, you never know.

>>16772095
that doesn't matter in the least bit, it's extremely easy to blow a load inside someone and make a child. stepping up to the plate and actually making yourself a father is a whole different story, something that OP's biological father didn't do.
>>
>>16772095
The fuck does that even mean?
>WOW THAT'S SOMEONE WHO SHARES SOME DNA WITH YOU
What the fuck?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.