[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm only 5'2 1/2-5'3, and a guy. I'm thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: 1364174948051.jpg (31 KB, 615x456) Image search: [Google]
1364174948051.jpg
31 KB, 615x456
I'm only 5'2 1/2-5'3, and a guy. I'm thinking about getting that surgery where they break your bones to make you taller.

Should I go for it?
>>
>>16769448
Didn't this thread already happen about 1-3 days ago? At the time people said hell no, and I agree.

Height isn't everything, but then, you probably won't listen to that since you didn't during the first thread. So just do it since you've clearly made up your mind about it in asking something you already got a conflicting answer to.
>>
No. That's retarded. You can live just fine being short.
>>
we told you no the last time you made this thread

we're telling you no now
>>
>>16769448
Reminds me when tall guys are average and when they whip it out the look on the girls face turns to disappointment.
>>
I wanted to do this. I'm 5'1 and female. Hearing someone else wanting surgery kinda makes me think twice. Dont do it. Thanks for convincing me not to
>>
File: 1450296024253.jpg (62 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1450296024253.jpg
62 KB, 720x720
Height isn't everything; it's just access to sex.
>>
>>16769448
>Should I go for it?
No. I'm not sure of the specifics of that operation, but there's going to be a finite limit to how much taller it can make you - I'd guess around an inch or two at most. In your case you'd need seven or eight inches just to get to an average height, or to put it another way, you have an invasive procedure to stop you from being short, knowing full well that you'll still be short afterwards. Even if it were possible to stratch the bones to give you a reasonable overall height, you'd look absoluley ridiculous. No one will be impressed that you're 6'4" if your hips are 4'8" off the ground.
>>
But I'm a midget by white male standards.
>>
I might as well kill myself.
>>
>>16769613
Nah, don't do that. When you find the right girl - or when she finds you - she won't give a fuck how tall you are.
>>
Aren't there like, a million ethical problems with this surgery to the point where American doctors aren't even legally allowed to perform it?

Just be short, OP. It's okay to be short.
>>
>>16769625

No girl will even give me a chance, so your advice is useless.

Either give me advice I can use or fuck off.
>>
>>16769638
Actually, it's true. I dig men who are at least 6;1-6'2 .. my Husband is my height, and I adore him.. I'd love him even if he was shorter than me. Hence why I said what I said.

But maybe that's why women don't give you a chance, you're a fuckin' dick. My advice was mostly to deter your desire to an-hero.. So maybe you should. :-)
>>
>>16769638

I'm not that poster, and I'm also a short male. But if you're going to take that attitude then literally just kill yourself you pathetic little manlet. That's my advice you failure.
>>
6'4 master race, you should hang yourself.
>>
Thanks for wasting my time with shitty advice.
>>
>>16769638
>No girl will even give me a chance, so your advice is useless.
>Either give me advice I can use or fuck off.
With an attitude like that, no amount of height is going to help you. Try not being a bitter asshole, and maybe some women will find you more attractive.
>>
>>16769638
Yes, I hope they break all of your bones. Go for it!
>>
>>16770077

Maybe if the people in this thread gave good advice, I'd have a better attitude.

Right now, you people are wasting my time with bad advice.
>>
Best bet is to grow a beard. Then go live under the mountains with the rest of dwarves.
>>
>>16769613
>>16769550
>>16769638
>>16770013

kek

the only thing that makes short men unattractive is this Napoleon complex. why would you want to be with someone who is so shallow they can't see past your height? it just reflects how shallow you are.

one of my good friends is 5'2" but one of the most charismatic people I've ever met. I went to HS with him he used to have the most shitty attitude and was generally insufferable. then over like a year he just changed suddenly and become way more chill, consequently got a gf, became generally a lot more likeable.
>>
File: denial.jpg (33 KB, 374x292) Image search: [Google]
denial.jpg
33 KB, 374x292
>>16770250
>>
>>16769484
tfw youre 6'3" with 4.5" dong
>>
>>16769448
NO. Have you seen how they do that shit? Fuck that.
>>
>>16769638
Step one: stop creating this same shitty thread over and over again.
Step two: stop being such a shitty person.
Step three: gf!
>>
>>16770375
>the only thing that makes short men unattractive is this Napoleon complex

Come on, this is not true. Its like saying the only thing that makes fat women unattractive is the insecurity.
>>
But I DESERVE a reasonably attractive girlfriend.
>>
>>16770375
Even if you genuinely don't have a napoleon complex girls will assume you do because of cultural conditioning.
>>
File: 1448080306601.jpg (15 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
1448080306601.jpg
15 KB, 693x693
>>16771813
>>
>>16771813
Yes, because relationships are all about you and what you want and what your standards are. The other person might as well be a robot, put there to help your social status and insecurities.

No wonder you can't get a girlfriend, with such a self-centered attitude towards dating.
>>
Girls want a guy taller than them.

That doesn't give me many options.
>>
>>16771921
Paul Simon always did OK.
>>
The procedure costs a LOT OF MONEY, it also takes about three months to complete, it also needs a LOT OF excrusiatingly painful physical therapy.

Source: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/york-man-grows-inches-surgery/story?id=15776730
>>
>>16771949

So, you wouldn't.
>>
Other than my height, I'm happy with how my body looks.
>>
>>16769448
No, just learn to dance and sing like prince
>>
>>16769659
You wouldn't have given him a chance in the first place if he were shorter than you.
>>
File: 1413257070014.gif (494 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
1413257070014.gif
494 KB, 500x324
I say go for it
Everyone in this thread is full of shit and are feeding you sweet little lies to help you feel better about yourself and make believe they helped you out. See how quickly they turn to insult you. They don't know the shit you deal with on a daily basis.

Height can be a big deal no matter what most fucks tell you. You can deal with it and find ways to work with it and around it, but it'll always be there. You can try your hardest, but there will still be a handful of women who won't even see you as a man.
Worst thing you can do though is make an issue about it and talk about it a lot with others. Never, ever bring up your own height, especially in an insecure manner. People hate that, even if it does suck for you.

Get some shoes a size up with a really thick heel and some 1-inch heel inserts off of amazon. Bam, two extra inches right there. Give this a shot and see how it works for you. Being 5'4-5'5 will give you some confidence. Take things in steps. Also get some better fitting clothing and tailored jeans. Fit is important for shorter guys.
If you do things right, you will get a gf.
>>
But I feel so unmanly.
>>
>>16772984
So kill yourself you fucking pussy. Plenty of tiny guys are doing fine, they don't let it bother them. You really think being a bit taller is gonna get rid of all that insecurity ? I doubt it.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.