[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone tried deleting their Facebook? Did it make you happier?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: fb_icon_325x325.png (5 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
fb_icon_325x325.png
5 KB, 325x325
Anyone tried deleting their Facebook? Did it make you happier?
>>
I had to for my job. Anonymous services only. I lost basically nothing from my life.
>>
How do people arrange social gatherings or meet up with friends without facebook?

Every other way I can think of takes a lot more effort, like actually calling people on the phone. God, fuck that.
>>
>>16768383
Group SMS. It's not so bad when you stop fussing over logistics. Just ballpark how many people you expect to show up and run with that. Precise headcounts usually aren't necessary.
>>
>>16768378
What sort of job do you have where they make you delete your facebook?
>>
I did for awhile and found I wasted less time. That's about it.
>>
>>16768393
I work in finance. The official rule is that I can't publicly disclose my title or even employer on social media. The unspoken rule is that I can't use social media at all under my real name. It's presented as a security concern. I could set up a false account but I never got around to it, and when I finally remembered I questioned the point.
>>
>>16768414
That makes sense. I knew someone who worked as a corporate attorney and while they didn't require deletion of facebook, they had financial clients and even as attorneys, all investments were done through blind trusts and funds. Huge pain in the ass, but it protected everyone from leaks and insider trades.
>>
>>16768349
I deleted mine and it made me a lot happier actually. Got sick of seeing the 'friends' list and getting pissed that none of these 'friends' were really there for me.
Also got sick of comparing my life with friends who are traveling around the world while im borderline disabled with my back.
Made it a lot easier to get over my boyfriend cheating on me and not knowing who the chick was or whether she was looking at my facebook and laughing...
Got me motivated to lose about 60lbs and cut a lot of stragglers out of my life, idk if I can associate all that to deleting FB from my life but I can for sure say it helped, and helped keep me out of other people's drama.
>>
>>16768438
That's my main concern. Im very jealous and insscure over where my life is, I figured I'd be better off without it
>>
>>16768451
When you don't have friends/family to compare yourself to on a daily basis, instead of being demotivated you'll find a bit more confidence and pride in your own life.
Makes talking to friends when you do actually meet up more fun and more exciting conversation, because you haven't seen/read what they've done every single day for the past year.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.