[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's that status quo on crushing on someone currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 1454371121496.jpg (53 KB, 574x394) Image search: [Google]
1454371121496.jpg
53 KB, 574x394
What's that status quo on crushing on someone currently in a relationship? Drop it or try anyway?
>>
>>16759595
Don't be a prick. Respect their relationship.
>>
>>16759595
you get one shot at life, burn everything to the ground to get what you want
>>
>>16759649

Don't do this. You'll poison your spoils if you get them by means you can't live with.
>>
>>16759649
I've gotta go with this. You only get one shot, so why waste it just waiting for something to happen when later you'll regret not doing anything?
>>
I won't comment on the status quo, just advice about how to do it. Be everything her current boyfriend is not, but never reveal your true feelings, always just stay a friend - not so she can friendzone you, but so she doesn't have a reason to stop talking to you. Then you wait for the perfect moment that the relationship goes significantly sour enough and you make your move, but once again subtle enough that it's interpreted as friendly. Or don't make a move and wait for them to break up and be the first guy there to catch her. True story, I picked me up a dimepiece this way. I can't stress the being a friend part enough.
>>
It's a lose-lose situation.

You either completely waste your time and energy pining after someone you never get, when there were plenty of single girls out there who you'd be compatible with.

OR

You end up with a cheater/monkey-brancher.
>>
>>16759595
Dudes try to pull this shit on my girlfriend all the time. She shows me all their messages and we laugh about how pathetic they are.
>>
>>16759649
>you get one shot at life, burn everything to the ground to get what you want
Fucking this OP. If you get hit by a bus tomorrow do you want your last thought as your head goes under the tyre to be "well at least I didn't upset the other guy"? Remember, being in second place just means you're the fastest looser.
>>
>>16759649
>>16759665
>>16759690
You're acting like this is the only girl on earth. It's more likely he will regret wasting his time on her than anything. He could be out meeting better, single women instead.
>>
File: 1454270368095.jpg (49 KB, 467x259) Image search: [Google]
1454270368095.jpg
49 KB, 467x259
>>16759697
If he wanted to do that, he obviously wouldn't be asking here.

Either way, that doesn't mean it's not worth a shot, and it's certainly easier than meeting a bunch of random girls to find out which one is the best.
>>
>>16759655
50% of marriages end in divorce, meaning at least 70% of marriages are hanging by a thread

a petty "relationship" means nothing in that context, if he hasn't bought her a rock she's still on the market

that being said leave married guys and girls alone, that is too bold
>>
Drop it, if they cheat on them they're just as likely to cheat on you.
>>
>>16759717
no one said fuck her, OP was implying should I show interest and try to get her to reconsider, or should I put the blinders on and leave it alone

I say go for it, no ring no rules
>>
If a girl can be stolen by you, that just means she can be stolen from YOU, by someone else. This isn't a good way to start a trusting, loving, relationship... You will always just be worried about the same thing happening to you.
>>
>>16759721
your girl can always be stolen from you
>>
>>16759595
don't
>>
>>16759714
>le 50% divorce meme

Why is this myth so prevalent? It comes from comparing the crude divorce rate with the crude marriage rate of the exact same year: aka completely different people marrying and divorcing.

Not to mention it includes all second, third, fourth, ect. marriages which are exponentially more likely to fail, hiking up the rate even more.
>>
>>16759747
No, same as not all men are willing to cheat.

Also OP, Sure, go for it. Either date a monkey-branching/cheater, and live without some dignity, since according to some fags here it's impossible to trample over weaker men/succeed in your only life without being a weak man yourself.
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 853x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 853x720
>>16759595
Fucking push it aside and forget about it as soon as possible. It will eat and eat at you if you try to pursue it. And it will put undue stress on that person and their girlfriend/boyfriend. Pretty much this >>16759606 too.

Don't be that person that people hate and are uncomfortable being around because they feel like you're going to hit on them/their partner. It's a good way to get the person your after to think poorly of you and an even faster way to make a lot of enemies and get yourself into trouble. And endless to say, if your friends with this person or their partner, it can easily fuck up a friendship.

The more time you spend focused on it, the more time you waste when you could be out actually meeting people who are single.
>>
You may think they're attractive and it gives you an ego boost but unless you're madly in love and certain of your compatibility, please don't bother because people get really hurt. There's always consequences no matter how great it seems at the time. I was sweet talked out of two relationships by someone I fell in love with then they were hardly anywhere to be seen once they had won me over, probably got a kick out of it but I got hurt and so did the other people involved. I gave up everything for it which I don't regret because I was true yet still they've tugged at my heart strings ever since, the most gut wrenching experience of my life, people can play hard and do everything they can to destroy you if they hate you enough just to make themselves feel good, selfish, I know
>>
It's nt better to cheat either, so if you're up for them cheating just because it's not you in the relationship, doesn't mean you have higher moral standing or even that it's not your problem. It is. Find someone who will be true that you feel the connection with, there is someone for sure
>>
y'know, I agree/disagree with both sides of this.

My current gf is someone who i've been dating for the last few months. When I met her, we were both dating someone else. Both long distance since we met at college and were still dating our partners from HS. Anyway, I fell for her the moment I saw her and after we became friends, I broke up with my partner because it didn't seem right having feelings for someone else while I dated her. It was a toxic relationship anyway.

So this girl and I started becoming really good friends. We'd just mostly talk and joke around. Meet for cigs between our classes. Eat together. Go out to parties and get drunk. Then one night, we were at our friend's apartment and drunk and dancing. Mostly everyone else had passed out but we were still dancing. My friend pulled me aside and gave me a drunken pep talk. And then we started dancing again. The next thing I knew we were making out. Sparks flew. She told her boyfriend the next day. They broke up shortly after. She told me it could never happen again. We still hung out and stuff, but I felt heartbroken. I also felt really guilty. A few weeks later it's like 1am and I'm high as fuck about to go to bed. She calls me and asks me if she can come over, so i say yes and we just sat on my bed for a bit and talked. She was kinda drunk. We ended up hooking up. The next day she asked if we could do it again. And then we started being like a friends with benefits thing. Now we are dating and deeply in love. :^) sometimes things just work out anon. I was there for her when her boyfriend wasn't. And she tells me everyday how I'm the best person she's ever been with. It's wonderful.
>>
>>16760396
(cont)

Though it might sound hypocritical, I can't stand it when people hit on her or ask her out. This happens all the time at college. It's very stressful for me. I'm constantly worried. I know she's loyal though. When she was dating her ex I never made moves on her (except for the drunken night when we made out). I was just the best friend to her I could possibly be. I was there for her through it all, and in the end she realized that we were right for each other.

So anon, take from that what you will. But my advice to you is to just be her friend. And if things are supposed to work out then they will. But don't force yourself between her and her boyfriend if they're happy. Just let everything fall into place as it should.
>>
>>16759756
fucking thank you. nobody ever brings this up
>>
>>16759595

Accurately and REALISTICALLY judge your chances. Don't make a bold declaration of intent but but the feelers out to see how she (I'm assuming she... responds).

People aren't the property of their partners and everyone can rationalise more or less anything.
>>
>>16759697

"Better" women don't sit around being single, if she's not got a boyfriend, she'll have someone around who wants to be.
>>
>>16760441
Let's just both correct it when we see it from now on. It will annoy them out of perpetuating it.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.