[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When is the right time to move in with your girlfriend? Just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
When is the right time to move in with your girlfriend?
Just for context I am 22 and in my last semester of college. I'm pretty confident I'll get a job. She is 22 and works full time making $43k a year. We have been dating for 5 months so I know that it shouldn't be any time soon. I'm thinking maybe when we hit a 2 year mark.
>>
>>16756602
>at least two years
Finally someone with their head on right. Don't let yourself get pressured into something as you graduate. Moving in is tantamount to saying "I expect to marry you at some point" and logistically is just as much of a clusterfuck if it doesn't work.

Keep on keeping on. play it by ear.
>>
>I'm pretty confident I'll get a job
Get a job first in your area. Work there for ~1 year and then start looking for work closer to her area, especially if she already lives more than 30 minutes away from you.
Hope your parents are ok with you moving back in with them.
>>
>>16756640
Why the last sentence?
>>
Anymore insight?
>>
>>16756602
You should move in together right about the time when you're ready to watch your relationship turn into a tortorous death trap.
>>
>>16756602
I think waiting two years would be a good idea, but I moved in with my s.o. after only dating 7 months. We're both in college with minimum wage jobs and honestly everything turned out awesome. I think what made a difference was what >>16756630 said about expecting to get married some day. We've both agreed that we're almost 100% sure we'll be spending the rest of our lives together. If the two of you are really committed to each other then I wouldn't worry too much about when to move in together and just let it happen when it does.
>>
Depends on the relationship. For the most part, I'd have been comfortable moving in with any of my prior girlfriends after about a year. I tend to know them well enough by then, and for us to have lasted that long things were good enough between us. But if those kinds of circumstances take longer for you, so be it.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.