[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone know any alternative medicine that can help me with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 1426523979096.jpg (261 KB, 800x609) Image search: [Google]
1426523979096.jpg
261 KB, 800x609
Does anyone know any alternative medicine that can help me with my social anxiety?
>>
going outside
>>
Stop thinking about stuff.
>>
>>16735784
I've heard the most success stories with GABA related drugs, but you should always consider medication your last option and only after talking to a doctor. You could also try good old fashioned alcohol.

>>16735789
>>16735813
Die in a fire
>>
>>16735837
gaba isn't a natural (herbal) medicine
>>
Whisky.
>>
Chamomile tea, Green tea, dark hops (like in beer), and exercise.
>>
LSD cured mine.
>>
>>16735784
Sex.
>>
>>16735874
>>16736004
>>16736015
can't get any
>>
>>16735886
drank that all my life
i exercise regulary

>>16735837
i was on gaba and it was shit
not doing drugs anymore
>>
Medication should be a last resort and even then it's not going cure you. You are still going to have to do most of the work through changing your mindset and exposing yourself to your fears. Don't expect meds to do more than 25% of the work at most.
>>
You know what happens to alternative medicine that actually works, OP? It becomes regular medicine. The stuff that's alternative for any significant length of time has stayed that way for a reason, and it has nothing to do with any conspiracy.
>>
>>16737394
i didnt say that kind of meds or that it will cure me

>>16737417
ssri are a natural herbal med?
>>
>>16735784

>alternative

there is nothing more alternative than going out and just doing it. the greatest realization you will ever have is that nothing in your conversation with a stranger will matter ten minutes after its over. they will have already forgot and gone off to play cowadoody or to face their books.

if not:
>booze
>weed

i dont recommend it. why rely on it?
>>
File: 10205.jpg (94 KB, 728x1092) Image search: [Google]
10205.jpg
94 KB, 728x1092
>>16737716
you're right! I'm just gonna man up and do it! talking to people is easy why didn't I realize this before. i'm gonna take some alchohol and weed before going outside too, it's not like they give you anxiety.
thanks bro!
>>
>>16737871
Don't be a dick, he gave solid advice. Instead of trying to hide from anxiety by using meds, confront it. Trust me, it works.
>>
>>16737871

>implying

>Talkign to people is easy

it actually is. being sarcastic doesn't drive any sort of point home. its literally the way the entire world has worked since the beginning of language. to pretend otherwise only makes you look like a fool, not me.

>its not like they give you anxiety

they dont. some strains of weed maybe, but anyone who knows weed knows that one strain is the paranoia one, and one is the relaxing one. Alcohol may effect some people differently, but there is a reason people act like assholes when they drink, or why they drink before going and approaching people at bars and clubs. it makes you uninhibited. you feel less/no anxiety when it comes to talking to people.

either way i dont recommend it. again, your conversation will literally mean nothing ten minutes after it happens. you can play the meme card and cry about how hard it is, but the fact that literally everyone else in the world does this proves you wrong.
>>
>>16737871
The >>16737716 dude was right. Most irrational fears can be overcome best by facing them. The more you care about them the bigger they will become because they will shape your expectations in situations. You're creating a self fulfilling prophecy. You go out, others try to socialize with you, you have a prejudice against yourself that you can't and it's impossible, and instead of being actively there and socializing, your brain is busy looking for signs of faliure and hating others and yourself for it. Just go out, put your prejudice aside and see what happens. If things get awkward, stay there and solve the situation. That's how you get experience and be better at it. If you always run away and live in a cloud of prejudice you created for yourself, you will develop a wet blanket personality and that will make your job even harder.
>>
We've seen a shit ton of progress in curing anxiety since shrinks realised facing your fears progressively was the best way.

You need to feel the anxiety though, not find tips to avoid it.

Don't drink alcohol, this is the real shitty advice ITT.
>>
>>16737929

appreciated but i wouldnt waste your time. that guy is clearly too far gone. he didnt come here for advice. he came here to whine and see if there were any new magic inantations he could use.
>>
>>16735784
Testosterone.

If you dont want to do test, then start working out, i guarantee you will feel better after every workout session
>>
kek this thread

first you got op asking for some new age mistic herbal cure shit
then you got some guys giving him the exact opposite or advice to something he didn't ask for
then you got this >>16737907 fucking idiot that doesn't know what social anxiety is

>>16735784
just do coke. it's "natural"
alternative shit is just roots that don't change anything or give you a placebo effect
>>
>>16735784
There are a lot of journaling and listing coping mechanisms that can help. But seriously tho, talk to a shrink and get on prozac, zoloft, or lexapro. I never wanted to get on meds, but after i started prozac, I realized how great it was to not give a shit about what other people think. So... yeah go to a counselor
>>
>>16738615
Thanks. I did talk to alot of shrinks and tried dozens of meds

it's not that bad anymore but i need some shit like valerian or something to just make it easier but not fuck up my body anymore

I thought there's some people here with anxiety that tried something like that. but it's just morons who didn't understand my question

like this fucking kid >>16737716
i can go outside and talk to people retard. but i know guys who haven't left the house in years because of how bad it is. go tell them to leave the house and they will shit on your face

>>16737929
>You go out, others try to socialize with you
no they don't
and if they do i just bore them or they lose interest
now tell me to work on myself or whatever you learn on reddit
>>
pain
>>
the smith and wesson help plan
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.