[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My parents are forcing me to go to my prom. >I have no friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 1024x576
My parents are forcing me to go to my prom.
>I have no friends
>never had gf (I'm not fat or ugly, I'm always just lied to or betrayed. I tried asking)
>never been to dance/party
>everyone is either pompous, a liar, Chad, or plain retarded
What the hell am I supposed to do? People will just wonder why the fuck I'm there alone, and I will think that myself. I was thinking I just sit in a bathroom or closet the whole time, perhaps weasel into a few photos so my parents don't get pissy.
>>
tell them youre going then fuck off to someplace else
>>
Well maybe you have no friends because you have these personality flaws.

A lot of people go stag to a prom. People will not wonder why you are there alone. Go to your prom, try to part with your classmates on friendly terms, eat and drink it up and weasel yourself into as many photos as possible.
>>
Assuming you aren't underage b&, just go somewhere else or use this opportunity to chat with someone and socialize like a normal human bean.

Just don't be one of those pathetic losers who hides in the bathroom and plays their 3ds or some shit.
>>
>>16731158
Maybe, they might helicopter parent though since my mom's designing the after party.
>>16731161
I don't see how I'm flawed for being bullied and lied to by a bunch of these ass hats. All of the stupid cliques never include me and I just have to sit on the sidelines every day.
>>16731169
I'm 18 m8. I could sit in the bookstore maybe, but I late lying a lot. Honestly I don't see too much of a problem sitting in a bathroom until it's over.
>>
>>16731135
At my prom, there were only two or three real couples. It was really just a big party.

I don't understand why Americans are so worried about prom, it's basically a school-sanctioned wild party. Shit, teachers attended mine. They were off in their own area having their own little dinner party for most of it, to congratulate themselves on another year of not killing themselves while surrounded by brats, but all in all it was a good time. Last chance to ask for some letters of recommendation from your teach, probably someone to leech booze off of, there'll probably be food... It's worth going to.
>>
Are you cute? I could make your tiny dick bullies jelly.
>>
>>16731202
I'm already set with my teachers, I'm just ready to get the fuck out. I don't care what the dummies there think, I just don't want to be there for hours watching all these jerks have fun.
>>16731209
Eh, I dunno about that. They're more just passive aggressive narccicists. Which reminds me...
>>
My ex broke up with me like 2 weeks before prom after I had already rented my tux and payed for her ticket and everything (I deserved it but that's another story). Most of my friends were weebs and didn't come so I was pretty much on my own. Still made a good time out of it. Just use it as an opportunity to act like a fucktard and have some fun. Hop in the nigga circles and make them disperse. Dance with all the lonely fat chicks. Just do something.
>>
File: 1451265735922.png (268 KB, 433x622) Image search: [Google]
1451265735922.png
268 KB, 433x622
>>16731135
go
>>
>>16731251
This anon gets it.

If you're apprehensive about it, booze up a bit beforehand.
>>
>>16731135
This is what you do.

1. Laugh at your parents to their face

2. Tell them that unlike them, your life has an upward trend after high school. Then continue on to educate them on how worthless their lives are while implicitly informing them that you're not a worthless pleb like them.

3. Tell them that instead of wasting time surrounded by subhumans you're going to (insert productive hobby with college kids or other friends). I would recommend going on meetup.com.

4. Sincerely thank them for caring enough for you where they are concerned that you might "miss out" on something as beneath you as prom, but also reassure them that you have better things to do.

5. If needed, tell them you're fucking 18. You're a fucking adult. You're not going to do something you don't want to fucking do.

Judging from how you could see the shitfest from a mile away, I would say you have an above average IQ.

With all that said, your parents are concerned thinking you're going to end up a forever-alone. Don't beta off from them, but don't be aggressive towards them. Give off an air that you're going to do whatever the fuck you want and they can't do a damn thing about it. Stay calm and reassured that you're not going to the fucking prom. Just don't leave your fucking room or just go somewhere you like to hang out with some friends.

Now go find yourself a hot girlfriend and work on achieving something in life so you won't have to demean yourself around subhumans again. Success is your escape not just from this shitfest, but also a lot more potential troubles in the future.
>>
>>16731135
>being beta enough to let your parents force you to go to prom
What are they gonna do? Take away your fucking apple sauce? Just say that you aren't going. The trick here is to not go.
>>
I felt the same way OP, I didn't want to go to my homecoming (which isn't as serious as prom but still). I still went and had an amazing time, I even danced with I girl,

But I found out she was lesbian sooo........

Yeah
>>
>>16732079
>>16731994
Literally this. If you dont want to go, then dont go.

I would recommend that you try to examine the issues that are resulting in you having no social life and trying to correct them, but thats a different subject. Don't let people tell you how to live your life is the bottom line.

Also, isn't prom like 4 months away?
>>
>>16731994
>edgyaf.jpg

>18
>adult
KEK
>>
>>16732096
They said they'd stop paying for my gas, but whatever. It's not like I have anywhere to go anyway.
>>
>>16731135
You're probably better off asking this on /r9k/
>>
>>16731135
But a gorilla suit and steal dances. Worked for me.
>>
>>16731135
Go.

The only reason not to is because of insecurity. You don't have to enjoy it, just take it as a first step into maturing.

Just gotta keep trying my man.

>no friends

Get some. Live life.
>>
>>16731135
I don't know how submissive you might be, but I'd just say no. I doubt they'd physically drag you. Although I have met people who have difficulty doing what they want instead of what they're parents want. It's strange.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.