[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I told my boyfriend I work as a waitress but the truth is I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1443010390103.jpg (189 KB, 1000x728) Image search: [Google]
1443010390103.jpg
189 KB, 1000x728
I told my boyfriend I work as a waitress but the truth is I'm fully supported by my dad and I stay home most of the day. We've been together for 3 months and he's still not aware. When/how should I tell him? I didn't want to lie but I didn't want him knowing I come from a wealthy family. Should I tell the truth or should I wait until I know him much better? Should I ever tell him?
>>
I hope you weren't having him pay for everything because you're "poor"
>>
Lazy and crazy. You're a real keeper.
>>
>>16728420
You've based your relationship on a lie. Great job.

Tell him you lied. If he stays with you he loves you.
Oh shit, or does he just love your money.

Oh no!!! Your lie was fucking meaningless because if the relationship went anywhere he would have inevitably found out.

Aww shit dawg.
>>
My ex boyfriend did this. He pretended for a couple months he even told all my friends that he was lying to me about working. Needless to say I dumped him and my friends for a better life and I do not regret it one bit. Nothing worst than to feel betrayed.
>>
>>16728420
I'd say sooner rather than later. I also come from money like that, and it can be such a weird topic. People get all kinds of fucked up over money. Just apologize and be honest about why you didn't want to tell him right away. If he gets upset and leaves you over it, well, lesson learned, and it's only been a few months anyway. Better now than half a year later. Good luck, anon.
>>
>>16728435
>said the trip that's been shitting up this board for atleast the last 3 years
>>
Men hide their wealth all the time from their girlfriends. With good reason, people are greedy. There's nothing wrong with not blindly trusting a person you only knew for a few weeks.

I would wait 6 months MINIMUM before telling anyone about my wealth.
>>
Honestly, it would bother me more that you lied about working and not having free time.
How about going out and getting a part-time as a waiter, if you have so much free time?
It might be a good experience.
>>
>>16728420
Find a real job as a waitress and then tell him the truth with puppy eyes.
>>16728430
Also this
>>
>>16728420
Go get a job. You'll learn a decent amount about the world.
>>
All these people are saying come clean, I say fuck that. Money changes people and makes normal people act slimy. Make sure he's a decent guy, be sure that money isn't going to change him.

When you feel you know that, then come clean. Otherwise you should keep lying a bit, just don't be a dick and make him pay for things he can't afford.
>>
>>16728420
Regardless of how rich daddy is, why don't you get a job? It might help you grow up.
>>
>>16728518
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
>>
>>16728696
Yeah but it's also wrong 118 times a day.
>>
>>16728705
Still right twice a day
>>
>>16728710
It may be right twice a day, but you'll never know when that is and by observation it's better to assume the clock is wrong.

I'd rather trust a working clock than a broken one even if the broken one is right.
>>
Lie, tell him you were fired.
>>
>>16728665
Why should she? If she has loads of money then she should enjoy life instead of being a wagecuck.
>>
No.
>>
>>16729675
Because she feels guilty about it.
>>
>>16728505
Wow you're a bitch
>>
>>16728420

A relatively white lie, but you might want to start cultivating an honest relationship going forward or shit's going to get fucked up.

If he finds out on his own, he's likely to think you're cheating on him, like the whole restaurant thing was a ruse to cover your infidelity rather than your source of income.

Also, you should work regardless. It's good life experience even if you don't NEED the money.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.