[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to find a boyfriend that would have a similar taste like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: ideja.jpg (171 KB, 822x581) Image search: [Google]
ideja.jpg
171 KB, 822x581
I want to find a boyfriend that would have a similar taste like me.

I'm into the 80's-90's music, gaming, net surfing and just chilling.

Main problem, that I tried a few dating sites for almost two years, but I found nothing. Mostly on apps like tinder I met people who mostly is all the party type, don't give a shit about studying.

Tried to go to bars with my girl-friend who is the same style, type as me.
But one of my favorite bars, I don't want to visit for reasons, and other bars are just full of normies.
>>
>>16712660
do you live in a big city or a small/medium sized one? are you from the US, Europe or Asian country? these are all important factors you know
>>
Try losing weight
>>
>>16712660
You sound like hard
>my favourite bar, I don't want to go there, for reasons and stuff.
>>
I used to do this. I'd judge pretty hard if they never liked similar music to me etc.
Then you grow up and realise you don't really need to have many things in common at all. Its not that much of a deal breaker for me now.
Maybe give other pepole more of a chance even if they don't fit into your ideals?
>>
File: download (2).jpg (4 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
4 KB, 225x224
>>16712660
You're in luck because that's like at least 70% of the male population.
>>
>>16712663
Small country, my city is second large city in my country, but the population is quite small.
Northern Europe, one of the Baltic countries.
>>16712666
I'm quite slim, to be honest, I'm into gaining a bit more weight.
>>16712668
At my favorite bar hangs my crush that I used to date.
Don't want to visit there, whenever he is around there (he usually goes there every weekend).
>>16712669
My friends, families, acquaintances are pretty much different from me.
My best friend of +10 years even judges me on my music taste, my other friends do too.
I do have one or two friends who has a similar taste and it's just fun to hang around with them at each other houses and listen to music.

Not like going to parties and all they do is listen to deep houses and hyping around. I don't judge them, I do like they'r music, but I want to find someone like me.

I started wanting a guy like that, since I met a guy who had a similar taste like mine, the out come was just beautiful.
>>
>>16712673
This. It's totally me amirate
>>
>>16712673
Hard to say.
I get a long with guys pretty well, the main thing they do is gaming.
But what about the 'old-school' style?
Never met people like that apart from one group that I lost connection with.
>>
>>16712660
>gaming
what games do you play?
>>
>>16712692
I like quite various types of games.
mmorpg, first-person shooter probably are one of my favorite genres.
>>16712686
>>16712673
Just beautiful.
>>
>>16712703
>I like quite various types of games.
>mmorpg, first-person shooter probably are one of my favorite genres.
well, luck trying to find something beside neckbeards or dudebros.
>>
>>16712660
>I'm into the 80's-90's music, gaming, net surfing and just chilling.
Sounds like virtually everyone in their 20s and 30s.

Try going to places that are relevant to your hobbies. Music and gaming, for example, have venues where people go to shop for their preference in entertainment. Arcades also exist, and while you might not want to hang around there TOO long (as you'll either play your choice of game until your money's dry or look like you're scamming for kiddies), looking around the general area can help. Try broadening your horizons as an excuse; check out things that aren't your comfort zone of familiar hobbies, but might be related or look interesting and happen to be nearby. Even if you don't find a cute guy to talk to, you might find a new hobby you can enjoy and through it, a new field to explore while on the lookout for that special someone you want to do kissing with.

Remember to appear approachable; you don't need to be a 10/10, but you need to look like you're not going to rip someone's head off for talking to you or that if you approach someone you're going to be giving them a hard time. People like smiles, people like friendliness, and people are put off by exaggerated and over the top methods of conveying these just as much as they're put off by conveying the opposite.

Also, consider your appearance objectively. People have different tastes, yes, and you can almost guarantee there's at least ONE man who will find you attractive nomatter how you look. There are guys into every kind of disease, mutation and disability out there, sure. But generally speaking you should never aim above the standards you hold for yourself, especially in regards to things you have control over (your weight, your physical fitness, or how much effort you put into looking clean and respectable).
>>
>>16712660

>Looking for a boyfriend
>Tinder and bars

you will fail miserably
>>
Plenty of 14 year old boys how like gaming, maybe groom one of those on the Xbox or something.
>>
>>16712729
Any other ideas?
I noticed that tinder and bars aren't the best places.
>>16712711
Great tip, thank you!
>>
>>16712684

>At my favorite bar hangs my crush that I used to date.
Don't want to visit there, whenever he is around there (he usually goes there every weekend).

You are a red flag, no man wants a girl who have a crush in another guy.

get over him and then go back to the date game.
>>
>>16712744
He was my crush, I hooked up with him months ago and then burned.
Don't like him anymore.
>>
>>16712749

so why you avoid him?
>>
>>16712759
ashamed of myself that I was easy going for him and then cried over him. And he knows it.
Don't want to seem like a weak woman who goes to 'his' favorite bar just to see him.
>>
File: 1445220055171(1).gif (2 MB, 336x335) Image search: [Google]
1445220055171(1).gif
2 MB, 336x335
Set up a dating profile on a website that lets you type shit. Tinder is just a "would you fuck me app". OKcupid will be the widest range of guys, but more guys equals more creepers. Plenty of Whales is about the same. Couldn't tell you about Christian Mingle or any of the other paysites, I'm not a cheap date, but I'm cheap everywhere else. The only advantage to them is less people playing creeper games and sending dick pics.

Type specific things in different places and then see who references what you said. You want someone who is interested in more than just your picture.

Be warned, you'll get a lot of creepy people, dick pics and nice guys who don't understand that nice doesn't entitle them to sex. You'll also get funny, interesting guys who like the same things you do, but are horrifying to look at, or are so goddamn round they waddle (that was me for years, took a long time and a lot of gym work to take me out of that category).

Barring that, you could find a local organization dedicated to the things you like. Gaming clubs, comic shops, music stores, etc. Then find a guy who looks cute and strike up a conversation. Repeat til you find a single one and don't put out right away (but do kiss him at the end of the first date if you want a second).

Best of luck.
>>
>>16712769

I guess you need to stop giving a fuck, at the end, its still about him, you see?
>>
>>16712783
Not OP, but avoiding people you don't want to talk to is fairly normal. Unless this is a bar OP is particularly interested in, there's no reason to place themselves in a position where an undesirable is prone to visitation and possibly trying to interact with them. That would just be being needlessly confrontational to impress a random anonymous stranger from an image board on the internet.
>>
>>16712790

>But one of my favorite bars, I don't want to visit for reasons

Did you read op?
>>
How did you hook up with your crush, this guy you are now avoiding?
>>
>>16712795
Apparently not recently enough to remember details, sorry about that.

Yeah, OP. This guy's right in that case. Stop thinking of it as 'his' bar and think of it as 'your' bar. Don't look for him, don't do that thing where you intentionally try to ignore him that always makes you look like you're trying to make him notice you. Just go hang out with some friends and if he comes to you that's his problem.
>>
This.

I avoid places I know would be awkward due to an ex for a while too. Tons of people do.

Use it as an opportunity, get out and broaden your horizons.
>>
>>16712783
>>16712800
I just feel low because of him.
Just seeing his friends looking at me, makes me uncomfortable.

I don't have any feelings for him, just that I'm a bit angry on myself and him that I got used.

When we dated, he showed me that bar, it was his favorite one, that people like us would gather around there.
After time, I think, I will go to that bar as well, but my friends don't really like that bar, so going alone isn't a great idea as well.

>>16712797
Tinder.

>>16712801
With time, I will.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.