[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people with no experience find better jobs than minimum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1200x-1.jpg (246 KB, 1200x766) Image search: [Google]
1200x-1.jpg
246 KB, 1200x766
How do people with no experience find better jobs than minimum wage pseudo-full-time ones?

I'm not talking about going back to university or getting some training, because I need a better paying job immedietly. What I am getting paid now is not enough for maintaining a healthy standard of living.

I live in a medium city in Ireland. I look at job ads, but all of them require training, a degree or experience. I applied to job agencies to find some factory work. When I go in person they just say to send e-mail and wait. I haven't heard from them since.

I know a guy who got a job in a factory paid 400 euro per week just because his sister works there. Is it the only way to get such job?
>>
Nepotism
>>
>>16688166

You get paid what you're worth- if you have no skills, you get peanuts.

Learn to do something useful.
>>
>>16688166

Emailing gives you the lowest odds. No face, no personality, just a fuckin email.

Show up, in person, dressed as if you work there already or as professional as you can, and have a quality resume on hand. Politely ask for assistance in finding someone who does hiring. POLITELY. Be sincere and thankful, and ask if it's ok to exchange info for a follow up.

Directly relate whatever skills you have to what he job requires. Tell them that you are a fast learner, and are willing to be fired if you are not good enough. You just want a chance to do some work you feel you could excel at, not just for the money.

Approach at least 200 businesses this way. I am not kidding about his number. Do this 10 times a day, wake up early and stay out late. You will have a job within the month, I guarantee this.
>>
Jobs that don't require skills and pay over minimum wage are going to be shitty manual labor/factory jobs. Go fuckin apply at a construction company or factory.
>>
there are a few well paid no entry skill jobs -

sales
armed forces
gambling
running your own business
site labouring

all require you to have more skin in the game than other jobs but thems the cuts
>>
>>16688341
The problem is that all hiring for factories is handled by recruitment agencies and they give me a cold shoulder even if I apply in person.
>>
>>16688438

Then sign up with a recruitment agency. Is it only a factory where you want to work? Would you consider anything else?
>>
>>16688461
I work at a fast food place for minimum wage. Supermarkets have the same pay. I don't want to work in sales, because my personality is the opposite of a typical salesman. This leaves building sites and factories.
>>
>>16688502
>armed forces
you scared, son?
>>
>>16688626
No, just an immigrant.
>>
>>16688675
understandable
>>
>>16688166
Irish person here. Apply for a call centre. They hire pretty much anyone and they offer a lot of hours & the pay is usually pretty good. I worked for a very well known one for a while and I was making about 600 weekly which is pretty good.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.