[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to motivate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1450043694496.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1450043694496.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
I need some tips on how to motivate someone.
>>
Believe in yourself.
>>
File: 16q.png (514 KB, 640x428) Image search: [Google]
16q.png
514 KB, 640x428
Money.

Either give them money or fine them.
>>
>>16675199
Maybe I should clarify my situation. I'd like to help motivate my boyfriend. Specifically I'd like to help him find a job. He's been depressed lately, so it's been really hard for him. He avoids filling out applications even though he does want a job.
>>
>>16675234
wants a job but doesn't actually want a job.

sounds like a real keeper.
>>
>>16675172
Let's just say that it'll be hard to motivate without reminding them, reminding them will become annoying and eventually motivating will become bitchyness... I guess you can try. But if in a month they don't have a job, they simply don't want one. By 21 you need a steady job or be going to school so that one day you can save/invest enough to retire.
>>
>>16675250
I don't know what to do anymore. I honestly feel like the only option is to give him an ultimatum, but that seems manipulative and wrong.
>>
>>16675199
butterfly bro, not you again.
>>
>>16675172

I can relate to your BF's situation. If his experience is anything like mine, it's probably that he fears being stuck in some stupid job that sucks his soul, then he grows old wasting away his time in a dumb job forever, right?

Or, that he applies everywhere but employers don't give a shit.

Here's what helped me out:

go here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/directory/

Then search for job titles that sound interesting. Get a list of your top 5. Then look at the jobs posted in those titles.

If they suck, find a new job title, if not, keep them as part of the list.

Check to see if you have relevant skills to those postings. Even if you don't have the skills yet, it's alright, but keep in mind those you have more skills for.

Once you've got your top five job titles, now it's time to do research.

Find people who are doing that job, and ask them what it's like to do that job. Doesn't matter if you don't know them personally, though knowing them personally makes getting answers easier.

Then, it comes down to finding your ideal company, with your ideal job.

Look at the companies who posted those titles, then research them. Research the company, its culture, its financial statement, its industry, its sector, as that tells you whether the company is more likely to go belly up in the future and whether you got the right personality fit for it.

Find a bunch of smaller, lesser known companies with the same job to practice interview (i.e. still ace the interview, even if the company is not top priority) so you can be prepared for the important interviews at the big and well known companies.

Lo and behold, you have the best job suited to you, at the company most suited to you.

Of course, if you get the job and it isn't what you thought it would be just repeat the process til you get it right.

Also if at any point in the process you determine a title or company is not right for you, just repeat the process.

Fin.
>>
>>16675172
I need some hips to be motivated. A white girl's badonk is all I need to tackle the day.
>>
>>16675256
DO NOT DO THIS, SUPPORT HIM THROUGH GIVING HIM SUBTLE PUSHES OF SUPPORT.
LET HIM TAKE CHARGE OF THIS. MAKE HIM FEEL LIKE THE MAN. DO NOT NAG OR REMIND HIM. UNLESS HE WEARS PAMPERS HE SHOULD GET OFF HIS ASS AND TAKE CHARGE. SINCE YOU ARE CARING MORE THAN HIM NOW MEANS YOU ARE KINDA IN CHARGE WHICH MAKES NO SENSE, HE SHOULD BE THE ONE CARING MOSTLY.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.