[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEET and Shut-In Advice Thread (Version 123) Holy Shit It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: 1451193548271.png (189 KB, 355x253) Image search: [Google]
1451193548271.png
189 KB, 355x253
Welcome to the NEET and Shut-in advice thread!
(Version 123, running since Oct. 31st, 2013)
REMINDER: This isn't >>>/r9k/ or wizardchan

Happy New Year NEETs and shut-ins! It's not too late to make this year the year you do the thing!

Drop out of school due to anxiety? Haven't left the house in a few years? Maybe you have a job, but don't leave the house or talk to people for any reason outside of it? Finding a job sure is hard these days.

The best time to change your life was 5 years ago. But the good news is, the second best time is right now!

>NEETmap (don't forget your contact info)
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1663835

>Chat
http://chat.mibbit.com/#[email protected]

>IRC help:
http://pastebin.com/Pi8EqVaX

>Conversation Starters and Past Topics:
http://pastebin.com/KFe5MQE2

>Helpful Links and Resources:
http://pastebin.com/ygPwDUk4
>>
Previous thread:
>>16629826
>>
File: 1448676011131.jpg (541 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1448676011131.jpg
541 KB, 1920x1200
I just came on this board to see what it was like.
Its not that impressive.

I do however have advice for you beta manlets;

Find your motivation. It doesn't matter what it is.
All the inspirational shit bodybuilders or activists say is hardly relevant to you as a person. For me personally, it was awakening the traditionalist inside me. I identify with my Anglo-Celtic roots, i learned everything about my heritage and culture. I traced my family as far back as i could. Im descended from crusader lords and special forces operatives. I live my life to make them proud, to honor the gods, to make a strong family and continue on the legacy. I want to be a hero that my family and nation will talk about for generations to come.

Yours could be anything. Maybe you want to live long enough to see us colonize mars, maybe you want to find love, maybe you want to be rich. Take it in as a holy cause that you must absolutely accomplish. If you want to stop being a neet beta manlet; start lifting, go to church (women anywhere else are whores), go on /fit/ then stop going on 4chan. Find your confidence.

With my motivation i gained 28kgs of muscle over 2 years, found a wife, joined the military, secured my financial future.

I was a skinny weaboo with a waifu 2 years ago.
>>
>>16655501
Sometimes I think this place is some sort of scribble pad for aspiring writers or something.
>>
>>16655501
Meh i have been trying to get good at art for a while without much results. I have no dessire of getting fit tho
>>
>>16655596
I stopped reading at "beta manlets". What about you?
>>
>>16655596
I just come here to vent most of the time
>>
File: 1387050374753.gif (425 KB, 500x323) Image search: [Google]
1387050374753.gif
425 KB, 500x323
>tfw it's impossible to find a job nearby
I just want to make some money. I don't know what to do anymore.

It's seriously annoying when people talk about their jobs like it was easy to get in the first place.
>>
>>16656814
try other areas

job searching is stressful, just try to manage your stress best you can.
once you work its probably not as stressful as applying
>>
>>16656853
If your manager is an asshole...it can be.
>>
>>16656875
if applying for jobs is more fun then keep doing it til you find a replacement
>>
if you are a man, women cannot be trusted
if you are a woman, men cannot be trusted
the only one you can trust is your hand and your dog
>>
>>16657308

> trust your hand

lewd

cats are pretty trustworthy too, just not the most affectionate
>>
>>16657481
cats are aloof motherfuckers who only care about food.
>>
>>16657521

you can say that about a lot of dogs too..

but really it comes down to the personality of the animal, dogs and cats are like people, most of them are shit or just average while there are a special few who are worth anything
>>
>>16657623
i suppose you are correct, but still im a dog man and for some reason cats annoy the shit out of me.
>>
>>16657308
>trust your hand

Not really, self-sabotage is a thing you know.

Unrelated but in the short novel Notes from Underground, I've always wondered why the narrator is still alive? Like he's obviously living a miserable (but comfortable in terms of surviving) life but what's the point of continuing to live well into your 40s but remaining miserable and full of regret?
>>
>>16658247
so you don't trust your own hand or want to live past 40? what a despicable human bean!
>>
>>16658419
>what a despicable human bean!

The Borrowers? Never read the book actually.

> want to live past 40?
The character is a socially-inept loner and constantly sabotages his own chances at some form of happiness and derives some sort of pleasure at being miserable, which is something I guess you develop as a defence mechanism.

There's 2 parts to the book, the first part where he rants and rambles about things such as being superior in intellect than most people and being unable to participate in society because of it (Gee, I wonder who he sounds like?).

The second part we go back to his 20s where he recounts some incidents where he basically doomed himself to being alone and miserable.

I can barely stand to being miserable and alone now and would rather top myself than stay miserable for another 14 years as my youth fades.
>>
>>16659573
I haven't read the second part of the book for a long time. So cringe-inducing, embarrassing and cuts way too close to the bone.
>>
>>16659573
people can find joy out of sorrow because it opens new perspectives and a chance to change for the better.
You won't know solutions to feeling bad til after you have been there and found out.
>>
>>16659827

sage advice
>>
Anyone here tried looking at their own fe like a videogame? I'm currently years away from getting out of the tutorial.
Don't look at your life like a videogame
>>
>>16660112
Your life is like a video game though, but you need to realize most of what you should be playing is the mini games.
When you do shit that isn't fun, you can still appreciate it in the littlest ways.
I'd say try to convince yourself the pros outweigh the cons of what ever it is you do. Don't take for granted what you can do but would rather not until you have really tried it and applied yourself already.
>>
>>16660184
I don't take for granted what I do but I can't deal with the workload I have ahead. I want to be good now now now
>>
>>16659827
> people can find joy out of sorrow

I take it that you haven't read the book then. He isn't finding joy in his misery, it's more akin to the relief of self-harm. Why he continues to live in misery into his 40s is a mystery though I guess killing yourself requires a certain kind of strength.

It's a good book, I recommend it, far superior than that piece of shit weeaboo 'Welcome to the NHK' that keeps being recommended here.
>>
>>16660775

not the anon you replied to but it depends on whether you want to wallow in self pity or move the fuck on and figure your shit out, it's too easy to sit there and blame yourself or others for your problems but really you're just wasting time that you could be moving on to something that might actually make you feel happy
>>
>>16660775
nah i didnt read the book but you guessed about him finding pleasure in misery

I think self destructive tendencies are too easy to have, people have to recognize them and move on.

>>16660297
You probably can. Don't doubt yourself.
Get it out of the way
>>
>>16660830
Yeah i agree completely. I read it then basically said it again.
Keep changing. The idea of life is to go forth and not get stuck in a rut.

I know many of you are comfortable where you are and want to sustain but if theres any good advice for the general population of neets and shut ins its keep trying. Try everything new again and again.
>>
>>16660938
>but you guessed about him finding pleasure in misery

The character literally states it in the book.

Kinda surprised that no one here has read it, it's classic russian literature and pretty influential, it's basically the template for Taxi Driver.
>>
i sometimes wonder why people are so afraid of me, then i realize, i am afraid of me.
>>
>>16656814

looking for a job is tough, most people who hire don't care, they call only when they need people and put it off for weeks, the only way to do well in an interview is be extremely outgoing and energetic which is hard in the first place, it's like 70% "personality" and 20% "content". Those people probably had help getting those jobs through a recommendation of a friend or something
>>
>>16662023
It's not really that hard to find a wageslave job that's pays just enough for you to shop at Lidl's or buy pound meals everyday. Finding something that you can actually live on and still have a few pennies left over is more difficult.

Is it me or was Lidl's a lot cheaper 5 years back?
>>
fuck me i cant seem to do anything right
>>
>>16662224
keep going bro/broette, there are things you can always do to make a situation bretter, do not listen to the voice that says"i deserve it", listen to the voice that says"make them pay" :)
>>
>>16662235
>there are things you can always do to make a situation bretter
spend the last of my money on a midnight candy run?
>>
>>16662244
alternatively save it and have a fap, as you will release roughly the same amount of endorphin's from that as a sucrose rush and get some exercise at the same time, then when wankers remorse sets in tell yourself; "i am a worthwhile person, who needs no approval from anyone but myself" and BAM! you should feel much bretter and still have monies.
>>
>>16662254
>tfw approbal from myself is the hardest kind to get
>tfw i can only fap once a day
i dont know which hurts more
>>
hello
>>
File: lovestruck.png (81 KB, 500x391) Image search: [Google]
lovestruck.png
81 KB, 500x391
how is the channel on rizon doing?
>>
how do people manage to become neets when they are from poor families?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.