[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i ended up telling my girlfriend of 4 months I love her for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 0002462955_100.png (338 KB, 975x180) Image search: [Google]
0002462955_100.png
338 KB, 975x180
So i ended up telling my girlfriend of 4 months I love her for the first time while we were celebrating new years drunk, she didn't say it back to me and that was fine but the next morning she acted like she didn't remember saying anything basically lying to my face.

fast forward to last night and we basically get into a fight at my friend's birthday party about her complex emotional expression issues and how she lied about knowing i told her i love her then she just leaves all dramatic like telling me we'll talk at a later point in time,,,

All i want to do is make up with her and forget about this but how can i go back to her if i know she doesn't feel the same?

tldr: i told my girlfriend i love her (which i do genuinely feel towards her) and she lied about even remembering me saying it and basically acted like it never happened

what should i even do at this point
>>
>4 months
>Dropping "I love you's"

Are you retarded OP? Its possible it takes her more than 4 months to decide if she really loves someone or not.
>>
Dude, she was drunk. Drinking fucks with people's memories, and it does it in different ways for different people. It is entirely plausible that she really doesn't remember the incident.
>>
>>16640185
My ex dropped it like 3 weeks in. LL I shoulda seen the signs there.

Either way OP you are making a molehile out of ant hill
>>
>>16640185
yes i'm retarded lol if you read my post I was drunk and I thought it was okay to just say it because of the excitement of the moment but obviously it has created this shitalanche of a situation to be in and now we're simply not talking at all

>>16640206
i wish but she admitted to lying about it and she has never lied about anything like this before
>>
>I love you
>Zzzzz
>HOW COME YOU DON'T REMEMBER YOU PIECE OF LYING SHIT
How about you actually show love instead of just saying it?
>>
File: 1396494094542.gif (386 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1396494094542.gif
386 KB, 500x281
>>16640235
the bigger issue is this: something I can't even comprehend is the fact that she cannot express complex emotions because she's repressed them her entire life

being her first boyfriend I've basically been her first everything... this is probably the first time anyone's ever told her that they love her and I thought it would be a good thing and it was in the moment because she kissed me harder then she ever kissed me before

what I don't understand is this huge shitty fallout following directly after that moment that caused our first fight and otherwise a rift in our relationship where we probably wont say anything to each other for a number of days until one of us caves in
>>
Can someone tell me how to deal with this shit please
>>
Maybe she really doesnt remember because she was drunk you tool
>>
>>16640159
In your experience with this girl, have you always been honest with her? Lying about something like a love confession would indicate that she maybe isnt ready for the commitment. Having you pushing your agenda over her without any regards of her mental state (you say she cant express complex emotions) shows her another side of you she hasnt seen before. And it is not your fault really, you are in a weaker position dropping the L-Bomb, however you have to consider that maybe you are moving a bit too fast.

I would recommend talking it out with her. Be a listener more than anything. Try to understand why she is doing what she is doing instead of just looking at things from your own POV.

A lot of times you see couples fighting and projecting their own problems on someone else, your problem in this case is her not responding to the L-bomb. You turned it around making it her fault, when in fact, you were the one pushing her for a response she may not be ready/comfortable with.
>>
>>16640159
Why exactly did you press the issue at all? Clearly she remembered and just didn't want things to be awkward so she pretended it never happened.

Only reason you pressed it is because that wasn't fine.
>>
>>16641081
>>16640996
>>16640206
You are all a bunch of retards. She remembers. She'll say she love him when she does. Till then OP should just act like the whole thing never happened, same as her.
>>
Fine I get that she wasn't ready but what should I do now? I can't exactly apologize and I'm still pretty fucked up about it. I feel like I've just hit a wall, the only thing I can do is see if she comes back into my life and it sucks.
>>
>>16641109
Kinda too late sir
>>16641115
>I can't exactly apologize
Why?
>only thing I can do...
All couples fight at some point be it money or emotions. Important thing to remember is that communication is key. As soon as you cut communication then the relationship will deteriorate. Quickly.
Talk to her. That is the solution. Talk to her not in a way of accusing her, rather apoligize for your behaviour and try make it up to her. Let her bring up the subject once she is ready. Til then you dont have to press the issue again.
>>
>>16641115
That's pretty much it.

If she brings it up go ahead and say what you have to say but your really not in a position to be pressing anything right now. Just let it drop.
>>
>>16641131
How am I suppose to apologize for how I feel, she hurt me by lying to me and honestly it's shitty to think I'm not loved back.. I just don't know how to communicate the utter disappointment I have in her into something that will keep us going. We'll probably end up breaking up if i confront her about it now I think she needs to process her emotions for awhile
>>
>>16641187
Heh so I guess you didn't really mean it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.