[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unfortunate situation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
So I'm in a bind atm, I'm not looking for any solution just some outside point of view.

So I'm back home for break from college and have been talking to all my old friends, one friend in particular was seeing this cute girl. Well he basically told her he doesnt want to date her and we spent the rest of the night with me talking to him about these other girls that he wanted to go out with and trying to get him to be more outgoing.

Fast forward like two days and I talked to the girl he rejected, we setup a date to go see the new Star Wars movie and it goes great, I'm feeling her up during the movie and shes all over me. Eventually we head out and come back to my place and she wants to take a picture of me, which I let her and apparently she posted it to snapchat about having a good time. Well my friend sees this and goes ballistic, and starts guilting her into coming over, saying he started cutting himself again and how he cant believe his best friend would do this, while at the same time denying that he wanted to talk to any other girls.

Any thoughts? Was I wrong? Is he being manipulative? I've already made up my mind just curious what others think.

>pic unrelated
>>
>>16639758
He sounds unstable (obviously) and I don't think you did anything wrong, but tho shit is gonna suck.

Did you know he was unstable? Should've asked him first maybe dawg.
>>
The guy is fucked up. Cut him out of your life.

In the future, don't get involved with people whom your friends were previously involved with. That's not because it's necessarily wrong to do so, but because you're inviting the worst in people to come to the surface. You don't need that drama in your life.
>>
Your friends sounds like an asshole and no, I am not going to apologize such behavior by whatever condition he might have. Most likely a little bitch anyway.
Tell the girl desu. Drop the guy, he seems way too stupid to be of any benefit.
>>
Sounds like you got yourself into a sticky situation, friend!

In human male friendships, most cultures consider it poor form to date your friend's ex without prior notification and approval. This is considered a dick move in many circles.

Your friend is also somebody that probably has emotional difficulties! This complicates the situation.

He's being manipulative but it's not "just" being manipulative, probably. Dude probably just isn't very clear and stable about what he wants.

You should probably apologize to him and explain yourself once everyone cools down. He probably won't be too happy to talk to you right now though, I bet. Maybe just a quick apology email. Don't hedge the apology though. Go all out, I'm a dickbag, etc.

'Course you could just not do that. Whatever. I'm curious about what you decided to do. Anyway, good luck!
>>
>>16639781

Addendum: Boy people on 4chan are dicks! You guys sure aren't gentlemen.
>>
>>16639772
I knew he had issues, the last time he cut himself was when he cheated on his girlfriend in high school and she broke up with him.

>>16639781
Yeah, I realize it was a dick move, except they never actually dated. She still wants to date, but he keeps hedging around it. Not saying I'm not at fault, I've dated a few of my friends exes in the past, and were still friends, this is the first time its been an issue.

>>16639777
Yeah, we've been friends for many many years, I dont know if that would be good for him if I just cut him out, but I also dont really want to deal with this.

For those curious what I decided on is that, in a few days once everyone is cooled off, I'll talk to him, apologize to him for not speaking to him first, I intended too but I wasn't expecting her to be up to go out the first night I talked to her, but I'm also gonna tell him he needs to get his shit together, especially the whole lying about wanting to date other girls and just keeping her on the hook. I'm pretty open as far as relationships go, never cared who did what, as long as people are clear, and apparently hes just avoided her for like a month prior to this.
>>
>>16639819
sounds reasonable. good jaerb.
>>
>>16639828
Well thanks for the input haha
>>
>>16639758
>Was I wrong?

Yes. Making out in crowded movie theaters is annoying as fuck to the people around you.

As far as the girl, yes and no. This is like a 5 year old "I don't this toy truck anymore, but I don't want anyone else to have it either." You're fucking up his backup plan.

That's not really cool of him, but whatever, he's your friend right?

>Is he being manipulative?
You seriously have to ask if someone who threatens self-harm to try to coerce someone else is manipulative? And he's done it before? Are you a moron, or are you just looking for validation?

You might want to consider that the girl is being manipulative too and using you to make this dude jealous.

You're going back to school in a week or two anyway, right? So fuck all this for the meaningless noise it is. Have fun if you want, but I don't see how you (or the girl) could take it seriously, especially if you're groping each other in a theater.

I would probably drop this guy as a friend. Be polite and all if you see him at parties or whatever, but why would you want to associate with someone who is that much of a weasel?
>>
>>16639886
I'm finishing school in April and then moving back here to work for a tech company in the area, so I'm planning for stuff beyond that time period. And yeah, I thought he was over acting like that but apparently this has shown otherwise.

As for the girl being manipulative, I never doubted that, I actually brought it up to her and made it a joke, I just like going out, I don't really care, if something serious developed, cool, if not, no skin off my back.

Also we weren't making out, there was one other couple there and I knew them, so it was pretty empty, mostly just subtle touching. I'm not that rude.
>>
>>16639908
Oh. Lucky you. Star Wars has been completely sold out while I was on vacation visiting family, and now that I'm back, there are still lines and only shitty seats left at the theaters near me (and I live near LA, not like there's a shortage of screens).

Anyway, yeah you can find out a lot about people who you think are friends when shit like this goes down. Most dudes who act like losers like this don't get over their bullshit until they're almost in their thirties, if ever. I'd let the friendship fade away.

The girl, that she's not really over that dude when you took her on a date, cute or not, it would seem she'd be a poor choice even if your buddy wasn't acting like an asshat.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.