[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone familiar with this show, Durarara? Do you think it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Orihara.Izaya.full.167763.jpg (3 MB, 2893x4092) Image search: [Google]
Orihara.Izaya.full.167763.jpg
3 MB, 2893x4092
Is anyone familiar with this show, Durarara? Do you think it would be possible to have a job sort of like this guy's?

I know the show itself is pretty much science fiction but he basically goes around gathering information on people and selling it to other people. I feel like that shouldn't be too hard.
>>
it's not possible for you to have any job
>>
>>16639774
>it's not possible for you to have any job
what
>>
>>16639689
Sounds like being a private investigator. You'll need to get licensed. And despite what movies show you, no, you can't bend or break the law to do your job.
>>
Durarara is scifi?

It's more fantasy than scifi if I remember correctly.
>>
>>16639947
Yeah, I was thinking that myself. Science-fantasy maybe. But dullahans don't make for science-fiction.
>>
>>16639689

Don't even know the show, but yes, it's possible. It's pretty much exactly what bounty hunters, private investigators, ABC Clandestine Services division, etc do.

Fact is that most people suck at these jobs, the pay is shit, and you sit in a car for 14 hours a day.
>>
>>16640027
What if I were working for gang members or cartels? Is the job still boring as shit?
>>
The fact you're asking here instead of googling it implies you'd never make it as an information dealer.
>>
>>16640104
Are you seriously asking people if working for a gang or cartel would be a wise career decision? Just...think. Take 45 seconds of your life to think about where that 'career' path would take you (hint: it's jail or the morgue).

>>16640481
And /thread
>>
>>16639689
Private investigator. What I'm studying to do for a living. Getting a license is easy. Most states only require a hs diploma, being over 18, and preferedly being able to use a firearm. Some states don't even require licenses. But better chance at getting hired for cases if you got a degree in criminology.
>>
>>16640521
Private investigators can work for whoever for whatever reason. The cartels can hire you one day, next it's a dude who thinks his wife is cheating on him, next day someone calls you cause their kid ran away and cops aren't doing shit,
>>
>>16641009
Never said working for them was smart. Trust me I have dealt with people like that. That's his decision. But you are allowed to pick your clients.
>>
lol @ inexperienced weeaboos thinking about being "information brokers" for drug cartels
>>
>>16639689
Just go work at Google tbqh familia.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.