[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting a Style
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1443037719555.png (367 KB, 757x564) Image search: [Google]
1443037719555.png
367 KB, 757x564
Sup /adv/ I ran into a small problem, I don't think I have a style. Right now most of my shirts are one color and no design on it, and I just have normal jeans. Small bio to help out
>21 Male
>206 pounds ( working on lowering it at the gym its going pretty well)
>Hairy Body ( dont know if that matters like should I cover up my arms or not)

I want to try and get some better shirts or at least a distenctive style so I can feel better about myself when I go out.
>>
>>16638412
Bump
>>
>>16638412
Don't. It took me a long time to learn that there is no style. the only way you should dress is like people you want to be around, your age and wearing stuff that fits and looks natural.

Dress like the cool people in your area, not like a fashionista. Fashion is kind of like a gang sign, the clothes you wear tells people what you represent, and your style is really just copying the style of a famous person... Fashion is vain and there are artists who make clothes, but for normal people clothing is just like gang signs, dressing different is like being in another gang - it's threatening.
>>
>>16638454
Where would be a good place to shop or look for clothes that would be for someone around my age?
>>
>>16638412
As someone that is pretty into /fa/, there is nothing wrong with the classic single color shirt + jeans combo. In actuality, its usually better to keep it simple than go extravagant
>>
A style? Do you want to look like a stereo type?

There are three requirements to look good;
- Get in shape
- Wear clothes that fit you
- Have confidence, good posture

If I were you I'd try to develop a taste while you lose your last pounds. Look at fashion magazines, websites or whatever. By the time you're in shape you'll probably have some idea of what you're looking for. Asking people who work at the clothing store for help is usually a good idea
>>
>>16638457
Dress like the cool people your age. I dress like a homeless person for example, I want to be treated badly for how I look because humans only see appearance and not personality. They assume you have a certain personality by what you look like, clothes especially. Don't dress like you're 14, teens dress differently. People will think you're trying to fit in with a group that you're too old to be around.
>>
>>16638462
I already kinda started to do that, I bought a really nice star wars t-shirt a while ago when I was like 230 but I got it in Large so I had more incentive to lose the weight and I can proudly say the shirt fits me now.

The confidence thing is something that I have been trying hard to work on but its not going so well.

I am fixing my posture I am a computer gamer so I hunch ALOT but I am catching myself now and trying to work on it.
>>
>>16638467
so yeah about that dressing as people my age thing, my friends have very weird styles
>one guy only wears long sleeves
>One guy has a trenchcoat he wears when we go out
>one guy is a meme shirt lover

Its weird but I can't go off of anything they got.
>>
>>16638469
Life is like an rpg, anon, just gotta grind that xp, confidence will come. Seriously though, the best advice I can give you is to devote yourself to self improvement. Just try to be a little better than yesterday, maybe check out stoicism

Also I'd avoid graphic tees and trench coats. Your friends probably look autistic.
>>
>>16638504
Yeah I will try, been trying for a while so hopefully I get results soon. Thanks
>>
File: 1450935600403.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450935600403.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>16638477
>trench coat
>memes
Well, at least you have friends. Beggars can't be choosers, right?
>>
>>16638554
Thats a whole different story there and I regret my past choices with people but yeah I gotta deal with it, its hard to make new friends in my case so I can't complain that much.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.