[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any realistic way of making friends and obtaining a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Temptation.jpg (963 KB, 1017x1024) Image search: [Google]
Temptation.jpg
963 KB, 1017x1024
Is there any realistic way of making friends and obtaining a normal social life if you're a friendless hermit in your mid-20s who missed out on the socialization and networking experience that most people your age have?
>>
Yes, I was able to build up a friend base essentially from scratch after life circumstances made it so I couldn't hang out with anyone for two years or so.

If you have an out-of-the-house job, you can start there. I also recommend finding ways to network using the hobbies that you have. If you don't have any hobbies, try things out until you find something you enjoy and start from there.

The internet is also a good place to meet people. You may not be able to meet them in real life but it's still a social connection and most definitely better than nothing.
>>
>>16635424
Yeah, its called getting out of your comfort zone and just throwing yourself out there.
>>
>>16635459
This is the most stupid meaningless kind of ''advice'' you'll ever see on /adv/. It means literally nothing.
>>
most of my friends are from different jobs over the years.

Where do you work OP?
>>
>>16635424
>Is there any realistic way of making friends and obtaining a normal social life if you're a friendless hermit in your mid-20s who missed out on the socialization and networking experience that most people your age have?
Yes, join an active club, when I moved 70 miles away from my friends and family I joined a running club, I got along with people there and made new friends, then met new people through them.
I also met my wife at the running club.
>>
>>16635459
you'll have to define what "throwing yourself out there" means, or at least where "there" is.
>>
>>16635651
literally throw yourself into traffic
>>
>>16635661
I don't see how that'll get me any friends.
>>
>>16635424

yes.

>local events
>meetup.com

no matter how 'inside' you consider your activities, there is always a group of people like you in your position looking to make friends. so they find ways to make those home alone activities a more public thing.

local events even if ur a dork who likes anime and shit can find local shops that host events. most game shops / comic book stores cant get by on sells alone so they host magic the gathering settlers of catan etc. tournaments.

even if you cant find one specific to your activities, going to general geek meet ups like that guarantees you'll meet someone who shares those interests.

lets say you arent a geek. name your hobbies and we can probably find you something.

especially at meet up dot com. i found a guy in israel and helped him find meetings to go to.

from there you meet people, discuss what you like, and try to hit it off. chances are there will be people just like you there.

worse comes to worse, 4chan meet up threads. i made two great friends off of em. just remember not to expect instant results.
>>
>>16635566
but the first post was good advice
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.